Thread: dexamethasone

qw1ck2 is offline Junior Member

dexamethasone

i have come across some dexamethsone, id like to know what type of steroid it is. it was prescribed by a vet for one of my sic llamas, yes i have llamas. the dosage is 2mg/mL. thanks in advanced and then some

ok ive done some research on the forums and i dont think i should take it as a weight training supp...correct?

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    I am not a sure but believe it is a sort of anti inflamatory, do you have it in pill form? It strenghtens the tendons, and I have been perscibed it in the patch forms, which releases over 2 days into your tendons. Yea it is def. not a weight training supp. Hope that helps.

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    ..Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid, NOT an anabolic steroid . Cortico is a potent anti-inflammatory drug which is given to decrease inflammation and swelling post-operatively and also for chronic tendonitis, muscle soreness, and a host of other complaints. It can be given IM or orally and is definitely NOT a muscle-building supplement. In fact, it does increase catabolism and is counter-productive in that way. Hope this helps!!

thanks a hole lot you 2, and if i did do it, which im not, i was going to inject it...since it came in a 100ml vial, guess ill just give it to my llamas like the doc said lol

liftergirl is offline Female Member
    q1--good. The others are right. Dexameth. is totally different than test, etc. They both are steroidal compounds, but function is completely different. Your llamas are getting it likely for antiinflammatory reasons, or to help if they are immunosuppressed for some reason. Don't use it yourself!

thanks liftergirl. i am gonna give it to my llamas b/c one has already died =/

Thread Information