Thread: aspirating

akwall47 is offline New Member

aspirating

for injections, what does aspirating mean exactly? is it a good or bad thing?

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    its where you insert the needle and then draw back on the plunger to see if any blood comes out,basics really mate.

ccriderss is offline New Member
    aspirating means that once the needle is in you...you draw the plunger back (lik eyou are drawing from a vial) and make sure the no blood comes into the syringe... you do this to make sure u are not in a blood wessle or vein..injecting into veins is all bad... if u get blood... pull out... change the needle and eject the blood and try again in another spot...

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    It simply means putting revese pressure on the plunger to check if you are in a vein. If you are in one the syringe will fill with blood when the plunger is drawn back, if you are in muscle tissue it will develop a few air bubbles that go away a soon as you release the plunger.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Shit, I coulda just typed ditto!

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akwall47

Its a must

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    Shit, I coulda just typed ditto!
    i will do it for you DITTO!

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akwall47

Asprirating is a MUST for all injections. Follow proper prep, eliminate air from your syringe. Insert the needle into you injection site, and pull back on the plunger. If you see a few air bubbles - you're good to go. If you see blood in the syringe, remove the needle, change needles and try a diff site. You do NOT want to shoot AAS into your bloodstream - VERY BAD.

Damn - everybody jumped on this all at once .... OK ditto.

SoulCard is offline Associate Member
    ...what worries me most is that he has already been injecting without knowing this answer or even asking the question...

keltiktiger is offline Junior Member
    actually I would admit to injecting the 1st time without knowing this - just stuck it right into the glute and plunged it in! That is why this site is so useful. So what would happen if it goes into a vein (and into the bloodstream) as opposed to into muscle? Does it all just rush at once without the desired slow release?

SoulCard is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keltiktiger
    actually I would admit to injecting the 1st time without knowing this - just stuck it right into the glute and plunged it in! That is why this site is so useful. So what would happen if it goes into a vein (and into the bloodstream) as opposed to into muscle? Does it all just rush at once without the desired slow release?
    i believe it would rush in all at once...and yes that could be VERY bad...i have even read about someone who died from this once...but could be urban legand...either way, im pretty sure you dont want to try and find out...

ScottyShotty is offline Associate Member
    Could someone just fill me in with their experiences with shooting a vein? I always aspirate , but hey, accidents happen. Can the whole coughing fit thing be explained just in case. When do you start coughing after the injection? How long? Is your body paralyzed?
    I was just curious because I drew some blood during aspiration, moved over an inch aspirated again and alot of the site after injection. I didnt know you were supposed to release the blood before shooting again.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyShotty
    Could someone just fill me in with their experiences with shooting a vein? I always aspirate , but hey, accidents happen. Can the whole coughing fit thing be explained just in case. When do you start coughing after the injection? How long? Is your body paralyzed?
    I was just curious because I drew some blood during aspiration, moved over an inch aspirated again and alot of the site after injection. I didnt know you were supposed to release the blood before shooting again.
    From what I've read shooting you own blood back into you is not bad; just makes it difficult when aspirating the new site to see if you are pulling blood again. I've never shot a vein either but from what I understand it can be very unpleasant, painful and possibly fatal. If you are shooting an oil based substance, now you have oil circulating in your bloodstream, through your lungs, heart and brain, let alone the sudden release of chemicals into your bloodstream. God forbid you have an air bubble in the syringe and shoot that in a vein - now we're talking embolism - MAJOR PROBLEM.

Thread Information