powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

Need help with HCG

I have one amp with 5000iu of HCG of powder, which I am keeping refridgerated. It says for IM or subcutaneous injection, which one is recommended? I also have 1 mL of "Solvens", which I guess would be mixed with the HCG powder.

Obviously I dont want to take 5000iu at once, how can I divide it up? What is the proper sterile way to combine both these substances? I want to take about 500iu 2x 5 days apart.

Also, how long does the solution last after reconsitution, even with refridgeration?

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    you are going to reconstitute it all at once. from there, you can move it into slin pins or a multi-use vial (i used to like new or used gh vials) and store in fridge for no longer than 6 weeks. IM vs. Subq...just depends what is easier for you. subq was usually more convenient for me

MorganKane is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    you are going to reconstitute it all at once. from there, you can move it into slin pins or a multi-use vial (i used to like new or used gh vials) and store in fridge for no longer than 6 weeks. IM vs. Subq...just depends what is easier for you. subq was usually more convenient for me
    Can you use BW to reconstitue?
    If so whats the "normal"ratio of BW to use?

Thanks,

Would it be ok to use 23G pins with IM injection? Then I will inject 1/10mL to get 500iu? Haha Also, can I store it in a syringe (with the end closed)?

bump

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Would it be ok to use 23G pins with IM injection? Then I will inject 1/10mL to get 500iu? Haha Also, can I store it in a syringe (with the end closed)?
    just fine, but slin pins do make the measurements a lot easier

Thanks bro. My plan is to pop open both amps, dump the contents into a sterile syringe and then put the plunger back in and put it in the fridge. Then take the plunger out and draw up 1/10mL with another needle and syringe and then inject. What guage and length is recommended from subcutaneous?

bump

mranak is offline Associate Member
    It is really hard to measure 1/10 mL with a 3cc syringe. Hell, about that much is lost because it can't be pushed out. It would be really good if you could get some insulin syringes. If you state allows syringes without a prescription then you can get them very cheap at probably every pharmacy.

Thanks bro. My plan is to pop open both amps, dump the contents into a sterile syringe and then put the plunger back in and put it in the fridge. Then take the plunger out and draw up 1/10mL with another needle and syringe and then inject. What guage and length is recommended from subcutaneous?
    Most guys just load up a bunch of insulin syrignes right after they mix it (unless they have a vial).

28G, 29G, 30G and 31G all work. Usually 1/2". Insulin syringes come in .3, .5 and 1mL sizes. Get the .5mL size, although the 1mL would work, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mranak
    It is really hard to measure 1/10 mL with a 3cc syringe. Hell, about that much is lost because it can't be pushed out. It would be really good if you could get some insulin syringes. If you state allows syringes without a prescription then you can get them very cheap at probably every pharmacy.
    True. My main needle/syringe source sells in boxes of 100 so I didnt want to by 100 slin syringes, haha

Should I still aim for 500iu per inject?

Should I still aim for 500iu per inject?
    Yes.

True. My main needle/syringe source sells in boxes of 100 so I didnt want to by 100 slin syringes, haha
    For slin they had packs of 10 available. I got 1/2cc 29G 1/2''

For slin they had packs of 10 available. I got 1/2cc 29G 1/2''
    Shit, that was quick.

You didn't want 100 insulin syringes you said, so the 10 packs are a good thing, right?

1/2cc 29G 1/2" is perfect. Exactly what I have right now, in fact.

Shit, that was quick.

You didn't want 100 insulin syringes you said, so the 10 packs are a good thing, right?

Haha, yeah man. The option was 100 or 10. Usually its only 100, but for slin they had 10, thankfully. Well, thanks for help.

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    Shit, that was quick.

Yup thats what I got. I got a 10,000 IU amp and 10 ml of BW. I'm gonna pull 2.5 ml of the bw with a 23 3cc syringe and (slowly) mix that with the HCG .
    Then use a 29 ga diabetic syringe and go sub Q @ .25 ml for 10 days at the end of my cycle before PCT.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnZ
    Yup thats what I got. I got a 10,000 IU amp and 10 ml of BW. I'm gonna pull 2.5 ml of the bw with a 23 3cc syringe and (slowly) mix that with the HCG .
    Then use a 29 ga diabetic syringe and go sub Q @ .25 ml for 10 days at the end of my cycle before PCT.
    Use the syringe to draw air out of the the hCG vial. Inject the air into the water vial. Withdraw and equal amount of water from the water vial. Inject into the hCG vial. Repeat until all of the water is transfered.

You need to do it like this or you will have pressure problems.

Use the syringe to draw air out of the the hCG vial. Inject the air into the water vial. Withdraw and equal amount of water from the water vial. Inject into the hCG vial. Repeat until all of the water is transfered.

You need to do it like this or you will have pressure problems.
    I know about pressurizing a vial to avoid forming a vaccuum. My water and HCG are in glass amps tho.

I know about pressurizing a vial to avoid forming a vaccuum. My water and HCG are in glass amps tho.
    Edit: I wasn't responding to you here, powerliftmike.

10,000 IU of hCG usually comes in a vial these days, but I made an incorrect assumption.

And usually the amps come with sterile water and the vials come with bacteriostatic water. Sterile water doesn't have any BA in it and technically isn't meant to be stored in the refrigerator, but many guys stored the hCG+sterile water in the refrigerater anyway (not knowing the difference) and nobody seems to have a problem, especially when doing the injections sub-q.
    Last edited by mranak; 10-04-2005 at 09:21 PM.

My bad. 10,000 IU of hCG usually comes in a vial these days, but I made an incorrect assumption.

And usually the amps come with sterile water and the vials come with bacteriostatic water. Sterile water doesn't have any BA in it and technically isn't meant to be stored in the refrigerator, but many guys stored the hCG+sterile water in the refrigerater anyway (not knowing the difference) and nobody seems to have a problem, especially when doing the injections sub-q.
    No problem bro. I dont have much experience with sub-q so I am just gonna due IM (both are listed on HCG as being ok). I got the HCG powder in the fridge now but the sterile water at room temp, when I reconsitute it they will both be in the fridge tho.

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnZ
    My bad - I meant vial not amp. Thanks for the pressurization tip...

Thread Information