Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prevent Bacne ?

beefjr22 is offline Banned

Prevent Bacne ?

I need to get back on pretty soon.... My last cycle I broke out on my back extremely bad. I need to know every precaution that could/should be taken to prevent or lessen the acne. next cycle will be a light test only at 500mg a week.

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beefjr22
    I need to get back on pretty soon.... My last cycle I broke out on my back extremely bad. I need to know every precaution that could/should be taken to prevent or lessen the acne. next cycle will be a light test only at 500mg a week.
    Look for an acne soap product online that contains 10% of benzoyl peroxide and buy a back scrub brush. Rub away and clean your back in the morning AND after every workout (unless of course you shower directly after your workout).

Also, take 1 gram of Vitamin B5 every day, it will help dry out your skin and tighten it a bit.

If both of these don't work, go to your doc and get prescribed some accutane, that shit will dry you out to the point where you will look like Fire Marshall Bill, but your acne will definitely go away.

Hope this helps and good luck!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101
    Look for an acne soap product online that contains 10% of benzoyl peroxide and buy a back scrub brush. Rub away and clean your back in the morning AND after every workout (unless of course you shower directly after your workout).

Also, take 1 gram of Vitamin B5 every day, it will help dry out your skin and tighten it a bit.

If both of these don't work, go to your doc and get prescribed some accutane, that shit will dry you out to the point where you will look like Fire Marshall Bill, but your acne will definitely go away.

Accutane is very hard on your liver, you should be very careful about taking it with AS.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    tanning always helps..

STRANGE is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101

Haha fire marshall bill lol i thought i was the only one that remembered him.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    people always say dawn soap will dry your back out in a couple weeks but i've never tried I was on accutane when i was really young and it sucked for me and i still get acne on my back and shoulders but face is all good so I guess it was okay.

blacknotch is offline New Member
    dawn anti bac dish soap I tried it and works great

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    tan & dawn helps.

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    this might sound crazy... but a few months ago my girlfriend came over and started makin fun of me cause i had not washed my sheets on my bed in like a month so jokingly i sprayed it down with lysole antibacterial.. then like 30mins later went to sleep.. well i woke up and my back was soooo much more clear so for the next few nights i sprayed my sheets before bed and sure enought it cleared me up.. so far i've been on a test,deca ,dbol cycle for 12 days now with frontloading and i have yet to break out. I know it sounds crazy but u did say everything.

TCEL300 is offline Member
    some acne soaps..body wash..2 showers..when u wake up...and right aftyer u work out..if u have oily skin...ur kinda fuked

Forget the acne soaps. Wash your back with Nizoral Shampoo (no, really). This is really weird, but that shampoo (the chemical in it is Ketoconazole) is a topical anti-androgen but it's effects are limited to the skin/scalp unless you take the pill form (or drink the shampoo). The results indicate that oral intake of itraconazole will result in therapeutic levels in the skin and these levels vary, depending on the region of skin tested. There are at least three routes of delivery of oral ketoconazole to the skin:

1. Passive uptake by keratinocytes in the basal layer

2. Excretion through the sweat glands

3. (The important one) A massive excretion through the sebaceous glands

Sebum levels compared with the plasma levels are very high, even with oral ingestion, which prompted researchers to simply create a shampoo from the base chemical, to prevent androgenic alopecia (balding). There is almost no effective plasma level to cause an anti-androgenic effect in your body when you topically apply it.

I figured out that it would prevent acne, when I had some acne on my forehead during my first cycle (8 years ago when I was 19y.o.). I had been using Nizoral to prevent hairloss...anyway, you always get some shampoo on the top of your forehead when you wash your hair, and I noticed only that area was free of acne...sooo... long story short, I started using it as a topical acne treatment and my steroid -induced acne cleared right up. I guess that was my first real theory having anything to do with anabolics or whatever. Then a few years ago, I actually looked for validation on my theory, and found it...this study examines the pill form, but the shampoo is the same active ingredient, and won't have a noticable systemic effect, but rather will have a localized one wherever you apply it (to your bacne in this case).

Int J Tissue React. 1988;10(2):111-3.

The effect of ketoconazole on sebum secretion in patients suffering from acne and seborrhoea.

De Pedrini P, Rapisarda R, Spano G.

Clinica Medica Generale e Terapia Medica Institute, La Sapienza, University of Rome, Italy.

Ketoconazole, an imidazolic antimycotic derivative, has proved to have an antiandrogenous effect, which may be observed to inhibit the adrenal and gonadal steroid synthesis. The authors wished to verify this effect of the drug in men and women suffering from acne and seborrhoea, conditions believed to indicate a heightened androgenous effect in the sebaceous gland. They aimed to do this by studying the cutaneous sebum, which is considered a reliable indirect indicator of androgenous activity. They found a statistically significant decrease in the rate of sebum production in all patients administered with a single daily oral dose of ketoconazole (200 mg). Moreover no untoward side-effects were reported. The anti-androgenous property of ketoconazole would therefore suggest that the drug could be proposed as a useful alternative in the treatment of acne and seborrhoea.

PMID: 2972661 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Nice info there Hooker...and I joined BB4l and you didn't even say hello in my thread.

~Pinnacle~

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Bump good thread, will try!!!

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Pinnacle ... remember,

1. Hooker's WAY busy these days.
    2. He just lost his mentor/friend, and wrote a touching eulogy for Karl (Nandi) Hoffman.
    3. He may not have been logged in.

I hope everyone eases up on their expectations of him for a while...

Great post regarding Nizoral... I think AR-R should carry it... duh. Lion? Where you at man?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    Pinnacle ... remember,

1. Hooker's WAY busy these days.
    2. He just lost his mentor/friend, and wrote a touching eulogy for Karl (Nandi) Hoffman.
    3. He may not have been logged in.

I hope everyone eases up on their expectations of him for a while...

Great post regarding Nizoral... I think AR-R should carry it... duh. Lion? Where you at man?
    ummmm..i was only playing..no need for an on line lecture.shezzzzzzz

Sorry... I wasn't trying to lecture. You know you're a cool guy in my book. I just didn't know if you were aware of why he might not be so active these days... I mean, it's tough enough when he isn't bereaved.

GotMilk? is offline Junior Member
    BUMP

Anyone else had success with Nizoral ?
    I am going to buy some and give it a shot ...

zircon is offline Junior Member
    doing 20mg accutane a day...se ehow it goes

Heres the shit... sure as hell hope it works...so I just use this like regualar soap on my face ?? or am I supposed to let it dry and then rinse it off ? And when should I start seeing results ? ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prevent Bacne ?-img_0018.jpg  

dsa8864667 is offline Member
    Where can i buy it at

Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    10 % ???

anywayz...I got mine at Safeway...Im not sure if you have that store in USA. I llive in Canada.

My bad, I combined my recollection. I was thinking 10% nizoral, but it was 10% benzoyl peroxide.

Quote Originally Posted by GotMilk?
    10 % ???

anywayz...I got mine at Safeway...Im not sure if you have that store in USA. I llive in Canada.

Yeah we have SAfeway in USA, mostly on the west coast. When I used to live in Arizona it was there. I'm in Illinois now and we have stores like dominicks, jewel, walmart, target and so on.

Anyways, I'm on accutane right now and I've been on for like 7 weeks so far at 80mg per day. The first week my acne got really bad then cleared up for two weeks, then it started getting worse and worse and worse and now I hope that this is my peak cuz the doctor keeps telling me I'm going to have to stay on for longer (16 weeks) and it's killing me to know that it's an anti-steroid (anti-androgen.) So I can't wait to come off and roid again, but I'll give that shampoo an try and I'll pray it works for me and for all of you too.

If anyone else took it please post your results, thanks.

Hey, read this link though, it says that the shampoo has a anti-androgenic affect as well and lowers testosterone through the adrenal gland?? So I'm a still being pussified by this shampoo or what??

http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/skin-...l-shampoo.html

This is the quote from that site that worries me most:

"Ketaconazole is also known to have anti-androgenic effects and Ketoconozole can cause a reduction in the production of testosterone and other androgens by the adrenal gland and by the male and female reproductive organs."

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member

Avodart

AVODART.
    there is two 5 ar isoenzymes,dutasteride block both ,
    finasteride just block type 1 (scalp tissue).
    acne is type 2 .

5 alpha-Reductase Isoenzyme Inhibition
    Both dutasteide and finasteride are 4-azasteroid inhibitors of 5 a -reductase , the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the prostate. DHT is the primary androgen int the prostate and has a major role in the development and progression of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and other prostate diseases (1,2,3,4) as well as androgenetic alopecia (5,6).

Two isoenzymes of 5 a -reductase exist (type 1 and type 2). Type 2 is the dominant isoenzyme in genital tissues including the prostate, but is also present in the skin and liver. Type "1" 5 a -reductase is also found in the skin, liver and prostate, and is the dominant form in sebaceous glands. (1,2,4).
    Finasteride is a competitive inhibitor of 5 a -reductase that selectively inhibits the type 2 isoenzyme, with which it forms a stable enzyme complex. this selective activity is attributed to a much lower affinity for the type 1 isoenzyme, and thus a slow rate of type 1 isoenzyme inhibition. In contrast, dutasteride is a competitive inhibitor of both forms of the enzyme, with 45-fold greater potency than finasteride against type 1 and type 2 isoenzymes at clinically used doses. this dual inhibition may potentially be beneficial in prostatic diseased that depend on androgens, since both isoenzymes are up-regulated in BPH while only the type 1 isoenzyme is up-regulated in prostate cancer, as noted above (2,1).

Pharmacogenetic analysis of human steroid 5 alpha reductase type II: comparison of finasteride and dutasteride.
    Makridakis N, Reichardt JK.
    J Mol Endocrinol. 2005 Jun;34(3):617-23.

An update on the use of 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors.
    Foley CL, Bott SR, Shergill IS, Kirby RS.
    Drugs Today (Barc). 2004 Mar;40(3):213-23. Review.

Quote Originally Posted by inspector_injector
    Hey, read this link though, it says that the shampoo has a anti-androgenic affect as well and lowers testosterone through the adrenal gland?? So I'm a still being pussified by this shampoo or what??

http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/skin-...l-shampoo.html

This is the quote from that site that worries me most:

"Ketaconazole is also known to have anti-androgenic effects and Ketoconozole can cause a reduction in the production of testosterone and other androgens by the adrenal gland and by the male and female reproductive organs."
    WTF...I didnt know this lowers your natural testosterone ... Anywayz I have been using it now for one week everyday, applying it to my shoulders, face and chest. Leaving it on for 5 minutes before I start rinsing it off. I am already noticing an improvement, so are my parents. I'll post an update in a month or so, with before and after pics. A big thanks to hooker though, I really didnt want to get put on accutane...

--^^ Wow, you're already on it. I hope it's working good for you.

AS for my last post, I'm gonna do more research because it doesn't make sense how a topical agent can lower testosterone . I mean yeah it still is absorbed through your skin and passes through your liver (everything passes through your live, I MEAN EVERYTHING!!!) But why would it decrease test. I'll look up more info and post.

And GotMilk any feedback you post would be great, thanks alot.

----------------------------------------------

Am J Clin Dermatol. 2002;3(8):571-8.

Acne: effect of hormones on pathogenesis and management.

Shaw JC.

Division of Dermatology, University of Toronto, Toronto Western Hospital, 355 Bathurst Street EW 8-517, Toronto, M5T 258 Ontario, Canada. [email protected]

In the pathogenesis of acne, androgen hormones play a crucial role. In the treatment of acne, hormonal therapies provide valuable alternatives to standard modalities in selected women. Although numerous factors contribute to the development of acne, the requirement for androgens is absolute and is one that allows for effective treatments in women through inhibition of androgen expression. The two prerequisites for androgen expression at the level of the pilosebaceous unit are the presence of androgen in the form of either testosterone or dihydrotestosterone; and functioning androgen receptors. A third component may be the metabolism of androgen precursors to active androgens within pilosebaceous units.

-------------------------------------------------------

J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2004 Jan;88(1):1-16.

Selective non-steroidal inhibitors of 5 alpha-reductase type 1.

Occhiato EG, Guarna A, Danza G, Serio M.

Dipartimento di Chimica Organica Ugo Schiff, Polo Scientifico Universita di Firenze, Via Della Lastruccia 13, I-50019 Sesto Fiorentino, Florence, Italy.

The enzyme 5 alpha-reductase (5 alpha R) catalyses the reduction of testosterone (T) into the more potent androgen dihydrotestosterone (DHT). The abnormal production of DHT is associated to pathologies of the main target organs of this hormone: the prostate and the skin. Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), prostate cancer, acne, androgenetic alopecia in men, and hirsutism in women appear related to the DHT production. Two isozymes of 5 alpha-reductase have been cloned, expressed and characterized (5 alpha R-1 and 5 alpha R-2). They share a poor homology, have different chromosomal localization, enzyme kinetic parameters, and tissue expression patterns. Since 5 alpha R-1 and 5 alpha R-2 are differently distributed in the androgen target organs, a different involvement of the two isozymes in the pathogenesis of prostate and skin disorders can be hypothesized. High interest has been paid to the synthesis of inhibitors of 5 alpha-reductase for the treatment of DHT related pathologies, and the selective inhibition of any single isozyme represents a great challenge for medical and pharmaceutical research in order to have more specific drugs. At present, no 5 alpha R-1 inhibitor is marketed for the treatment of 5 alpha R-1 related pathologies but pharmaceutical research is very active in this field. This paper will review the major classes of 5 alpha R inhibitors focusing in particular on non-steroidal inhibitors and on structural features that enhance the selectivity versus the type 1 isozyme. Biological tests to assess the inhibitory activity towards the two 5 alpha R isozymes will be also discussed.
    -------------------------------------
    Archives of Dermatology. 2005 Mar;141(3):333-8.

Correlation between serum levels of insulin -like growth factor 1, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, and dihydrotestosterone and acne lesion counts in adult women.

Cappel M, Mauger D, Thiboutot D.

would you mind dumbing that post down so that I can understand it ?

Yeah, for real dude. I don't understand a word of that $hit and I'm a pretty smart guy (I think??)

http://www.forhair.com/nizoral_hair_loss_shampoo.htm

http://www.morphollica.com/hairloss_...tokonazole.php

Here's some more sites. And I also read that in USA you can legally buy the 1% formula at any drug store but the 2% you need a prescription. I'll ask my derm on the next visit. And gotmilk please keep posting your results, I'll post mine too when I start taking it, I might show before and after back pix as well. Oh and from my conclusion, no the shampoo does not cause internal anti-androgen (so it is not pussifing your muscles) it is only on your skin, so it's a good thing to try out.

offensive behavior is offline New Member
    well i know thats funny i always used nizoral(kitoconazol)shampoo for acne but never for hair loss .. well it was better than any topical acne drug for me
    DHT is DHT in scalp or skin the same is ketoconazole in preventing it

--^^ That's good news to hear, so far I've only heard positive results, and every board I've searched said that it is an anti-androgen but only a topical one. The only way for it to reach your liver through the skin and make it an internal anti-androgen is to use it with a DMSO patch. So in laymans terms, this means......

NIZORAL GOOD, NIZORAL VERY GOOD

acne is produced primarily by dihidrotestoterone at sebaceous glands (dht)
    dht is test metabolite by 5 alpha reductase (an enzyme)
    there is 2 types; "1" and "2"..type "1" is the dominant form in sebaceous glands, dutasteride (avodart,evolve) it block both isoenzymes.
    nizoral can be used at light acne.
    for strong and moderate acne:accutane,antibiotics,retin acid and avodart.

Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2004 Jan;88(1):1-16.
    Selective non-steroidal inhibitors of 5 alpha-reductase type 1.
    that shit, is science (objective knowlegde) ,and can give a nobel prize and save lives.
    Last edited by oswaldosalcedo; 10-15-2005 at 04:21 PM.

Even with a very strong delivery system (which Nizoral doesn't have), transdermals only give you a 10% absorbtion rate, and Nizoral's anti-androgenic effect will basically be limited to wherever you apply the shampoo, and will have a local rather than systemic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo
    acne is produced primarily by dihidrotestoterone at sebaceous glands (dht)
    dht is test metabolite by 5 alpha reductase (an enzyme)
    there is 2 types; "1" and "2"..type "1" is the dominant form in sebaceous glands, dutasteride (avodart,evolve) it block both isoenzymes.
    nizoral can be used at light acne.
    for strong and moderate acne:accutane,antibiotics,retin acid and avodart.
    I have severe acne from my AAS usage and Nizoral is working better than any of the topical treatments I use. I have used Retin A, Differen and many other topical treatments. I have also tried the antibiotics Minocycline and Doxycycline...

I have severe acne from my AAS usage and Nizoral is working better than any of the topical treatments I use. I have used Retin A, Differen and many other topical treatments. I have also tried the antibiotics Minocycline and Doxycycline...
    How cool would it be if I was the first person to figure this out???

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    How cool would it be if I was the first person to figure this out???

I think that sums it up LOL... I cant wait to see the results after a month...

andrea0001 is offline New Member
    i wish to ask a queation i am going to start d ball and test e and wish to keep avne out of my way because as a teen i had mild to moderate acen and had to take accutane to cure me i cycles few times before and i got acne but only on my back that i dont mind but i dont want acne on my face like i had as a tennager! so if i take proscar it stops type 1 only so its not good to help stop dht to become acne i need dutastride ?? because i cannot find it from my pharamies they only have proscar! i am going to take 100mg minociclin while on cycle and after, vitamine b5, armaidex to stop astrogen, zink and vitamin a and wash 3 tiems daily with an acen gel and take proscar! what do you think can i add some think else to help me??????( i am just going to take 500mg test e and 30 mg d balls)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information