Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JasperJ is offline Junior Member

A Doc told me to fuck off

I went to see an endocronologist to check my hormone levels and liver enzymes, which he did. All in all got good news.

So I tell the Doc that I'm a recreational steroid users, I use responsibly and ask him if he would help keep my health in check by looking over my blood work from time to time. He puts his hands together in prayer position like he's about to say something wise and says no. I said, "So you'd rather see me go without medical supervision at the risk of my health then behave like a professional and respect my right to do what I want with my body." He said straight up, yes.

I wasn't bent out of shape. I didn't like the fact that he felt he had the moral high ground because the government told him something was wrong. I told him calmly that if the government outlawed asprin he'd be one of the bastards that got behind the plan. Still had to pay the fuck for the time. Of all the Docs I've told this the first guy I had a problem with and wouldn't encouarge anyone not to tell the Doc for fear of shit like this.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    There are always a few bad ones, I love mine i was a friend of hers when she went to med school and she has helped me out a lot. Also never taken the high road with me, ever!

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    man what a bitch... that sickens me..

Unoid is offline Member
    odds on him being a liberal or conservitive. I always wonder.

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    Ha! Definitely conservative..but brutal either way.

I bet he'd have no problem testing your liver if you came to him and said you were an irresponsible alcoholic, but when you come responsibly with a request to do tests to prevent any serious effects he rejects you. They should have morality classes in Med school...i.e., health is #1.

chest6 is offline Banned
    what a bitch...what else u say to him before u left?

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    what a bitch...what else u say to him before u left?
    I didn't tell him anything else. I went across the streat to Taco Bell and ordered some enchiladas and chased them down with a 1/4 lb of whey protein then went back to his office and apologized. I asked for a rectal examine, to which he agreed and when his face was up close and personal I yelled out Yo Quiero Taco Bell and let him have it.

No, I just briefly explained my point of view then left. People like that can't be reasoned with, so there's no use getting excited.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate people that get all moral on you when they are probably doing something bad themselves. A doctors job is to help keep you healthy not treat you that way. I went to a new doctor and told him what I was doing and he was like.. okay I don't know much about it but lets get your blood levels tested and make sure there are no problems. I went back for my checkup yesterday and all was good (except test levels were at 56) and he was cool and just said lets work on getting them up.. Of course all I could get out of him was test gel but he was not pulling any "don't do drugs" crap on me.

What you said to him was the right thing maybe, just maybe it will sink in and he will not be so stupid with the next person that brings it up.

Oldman

TURBOGREEK is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperJ

...and when his face was up close and personal I yelled out Yo Quiero Taco Bell and let him have it.
    LMFAOOOOOOO!

bro...that's f@cked up...i just spit my coffee all over my computer screen while at work.

jones318 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah that is pretty crappy of him after all you are a paying patient who asked for a phy.'s help you know I dont think I have ever heard of such.He's just pissed about mcguire and all those guys gotta be a baseball fan !

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe he does not condone steroid use ....and feels if he agrees he is in some way condoning it.

Tell him you are planing on becoming an alcoholic and see if he will help you with that...doubtful.

If you went in with a problem from previous steroid use...I bet he would be more than happy to help you.

Same if you asked him to help you get fat...just because you thought it made you look better....no help there either I bet.

Lets all remember...We do not use steroids for better health, just to look better. That is all. (cept for HRT but that is not what we are talking about anyways)

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Baller9
    Ha! Definitely conservative..but brutal either way.
    Don't be so quick to label him a conservative, remember that the original steroid control act of 1990 was passed due to the efforts of e few very liberal Democrat senators.

Jasper, while I don't agree with the treatment you recieved from your Doc, you should remember that Dr's get nailed everyday for enabling the use of controlled substances for "non-medical" uses. Yours may have just felt that just by advising, not prescribing, just advising he could be making himself liable if any harm was to come to you through steroid use . Remeber, Dr's are sued everyday for no reason. This is why I tell my doc nothing, and if your blood tests come out good, why bring up any negatives. If you show an abnormalitiy on your blood profile then talk so you can get the most effective treatment.

paulastone is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    Don't be so quick to label him a conservative, remember that the original steroid control act of 1990 was passed due to the efforts of e few very liberal Democrat senators.

Jasper, while I don't agree with the treatment you recieved from your Doc, you should remember that Dr's get nailed everyday for enabling the use of controlled substances for "non-medical" uses. Yours may have just felt that just by advising, not prescribing, just advising he could be making himself liable if any harm was to come to you through steroid use. Remeber, Dr's are sued everyday for no reason. This is why I tell my doc nothing, and if your blood tests come out good, why bring up any negatives. If you show an abnormalitiy on your blood profile then talk so you can get the most effective treatment.
    I agree with you to a certain point. Here in canada, we dont sue people eod
    My Doc knows about my AAS but he does not agree with it, but he makes sure that everything is right on track! I also tell him to keep all this shit OFF RECORDS. and he does'nt put notting in my files! at first he tried to tell me all the bad sides of aas, but thats his job so i respect him, but now i kind of educate him everytime i go there and he finds my knoaledge great about aas. so he learns about aas more each time i go, and i learn more about my blood works too
    also here in canada, blood works free

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I didn't tell him anything else. I went across the streat to Taco Bell and ordered some enchiladas and chased them down with a 1/4 lb of whey protein then went back to his office and apologized. I asked for a rectal examine, to which he agreed and when his face was up close and personal I yelled out Yo Quiero Taco Bell and let him have it.
    LMAO!

Laughed so hard almost got put outta the lab at school..

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Exactly the same as my doc. A lot of them have this view. Fukers.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    How old is the doc? Find a younger doc. Mine is 34. My doc believes steroids make you healthier if used in controlled amounts.

Cylon is offline Junior Member
    What if he was a smoker... would the doc refuse to give him a exame? I did not know they could do this.

Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    Maybe he does not condone steroid use ....and feels if he agrees he is in some way condoning it.

Tell him you are planing on becoming an alcoholic and see if he will help you with that...doubtful.

If you went in with a problem from previous steroid use...I bet he would be more than happy to help you.

Same if you asked him to help you get fat...just because you thought it made you look better....no help there either I bet.

Lets all remember...We do not use steroids for better health, just to look better. That is all. (cept for HRT but that is not what we are talking about anyways)

Cylon you should remember that while we all agree smoking kills more people in 10 seconds than gear does every twenty years, smoking is still legal. The big issue for Dr's is that when you tell them you are on gear you are telling them you are commiting a felony. I believe that you should still be able to get treatment for this, but I think for Docs it is kind of a gray area in terms of legality.

AlaVol is offline New Member
    I guess I can see the Drs point of view here. What if you were to die for some reason taking the drugs? You’re parents or wife could sue the Dr. and when he goes on the witness stand in court they’d ask him did you know this poor uninformed fellow was taking steroids ? Yes. But yet you continued to treat this man knowing this all along? Well, yes but I was… Yes or no Mr. Dr. did you not tell him on his last visit that all of his blood levels looked good on the test report? Yes but…Did you know that steroids were illegal? Yes, but but… Yet you condoned this type of behavior by continuing to encourage him by keeping close check on his blood knowing that it was bad for him all the time? Well, it’s not exactly like that ya see… Mr. Dr. don’t make me repeat it every time just answer the questions yes or no. OK, Yes I continued monitoring his testosterone levels knowing it was bad for him. Did you not know it was your legal and moral duty to report this illegal action to the police? That it’s unethical for a doctor to aid a person in commenting a felony?

The jury finds Mr. Dr. guilty and fines him 3 million bucks and he gets 2 years of community service and his licenses suspended indefinitely.

Sad but that’s our society today nobody will take responsibility for themselves and they will put the blame any where that will make them some money.

Yes, you have made me see the way... What happens if you go to the doctor and answer "Yes" to smoking pot? Will they refuse treatment? How about "Yes" to cocaine? or perhaps "Yes" oxicodone (sp)?

As for the doctor being responsible, well if a patient OD's because he took too much Oxi or speed... is that the fault of the doctor???? I am asking the question and not trying to be smart

mranak is offline Associate Member
    hrm....

I think that this particular physician may be violating his oath as a physician for which he has sworn to do what he believes is best for the health of the patient. Unless he belives that his saying "no" might convince you to not use steroids .

Endocrinologists tend to be the least open physicians I have ever seen. And they such at treating hypogonadism.

Go to a normal physician and I don't think you will have a problem. You might get a well deserved lecture first, but that's about it.

Do physicians treat smokers?

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon
    Yes, you have made me see the way... What happens if you go to the doctor and answer "Yes" to smoking pot? Will they refuse treatment? How about "Yes" to cocaine? or perhaps "Yes" oxicodone (sp)?

As for the doctor being responsible, well if a patient OD's because he took too much Oxi or speed... is that the fault of the doctor???? I am asking the question and not trying to be smart
    How often do recreational drug users go to the doc and say "hey I do coke so I think I need a blood test." Doesn't happen often enough to mention, and usually when those people are under the care of a Dr they are trying to get free of the stuff. Not asking for "guidance" as to how to do them safely. And yes, I think legally you could be accused of offering "guidance" or "professional advice" in the illegal use of a controlled substance if you were a Dr who merely took and interpreted blood tests. It would be a stretch, but not one I would be willing to risk my 10yrs of education and $500k income on if I were a physician.

Mranak, you should look at my post a couple above yours

Shortie... While I understand what you are saying in your message. When you fill out the questionaire and it asked if you did any of those recreational drugs or are on any non-prescribed drugs... Does this make it possible for the doctor to refuse treatment? Again I am asking the question??? You say you would not bet your 500k on it, but what you are giving me is your opinion. I would be interested in hearing from someone who actually knows the legality. My friend just visited and informed his doctor that he was currently cycling. The doctor said please get off them and he said no. The doctor asked him to come back after his cycle was over for blood work. The doctor is interested in his normal test level. BTW: My friend was going in for treatment of sleep apnea (sp).

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Besides the string of letters behind their name, doctors are just average people. You will always run into ignorance and assholes.

All Dr's are going to view it differently and all will recieve different legal advice from their respective attornies, and with no real defining case law of a Dr gettin into trouble over such advisements they are going to run the gamut from refusing to treat all the way to prescribing ancillaries to help(yes I have heard of this). As far as refusing treatment a Dr can refuse treatment for anyone unless(I am trying to remember all of this)the person is in a life threatening situation, pregnant & in labor, or is otherwise medically determined to need immediate care. So yeah, you tell your doc you got a nasty drug habit, if he don't want you around his office he can refuse treament. Currently speaking though to my knowledge there hasn't been such a case brought out-but time my good friend, time, some attorney will figure out someone was getting regular visits to his Dr while on steroids with the Dr's knowledge and "guidance" and he will try to blame the Dr for the guy's heart attack, or him flippin out and shooting up a post office. Dr's have deep pockets and good insurance, makes 'em nice targets.
    Last edited by shortie; 10-05-2005 at 11:04 AM.

MorganKane is offline Associate Member
    Cylon you should remember that while we all agree smoking kills more people in 10 seconds than gear does every twenty years, smoking is still legal. The big issue for Dr's is that when you tell them you are on gear you are telling them you are commiting a felony. I believe that you should still be able to get treatment for this, but I think for Docs it is kind of a gray area in terms of legality.
    The doctore is not assisting him commiting a felony, just treating him like a patient. There are nothing illegal about that. If it was then a rehab center or ER would be in trouble since they are "fixing" up drug patients all the time. If a doctore prescribe the drug or even administer the drug its different.

However, I do belive that the Doc did the right thing. He basically told a customer that he did not want his business. I belive that anyone should not have to do business with people they don't want too for whatever reason.

I think you got lucky the guy told you off. He is obviously a prick and who wants to give dickehads money. Better find out now then later when you started a relationship.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait

No, I just briefly explained my point of view then left. People like that can't be reasoned with, so there's no use getting excited.
    LMFAO!!

big_C is offline Member
    Well, a pysician has the right to his own opinion, just like we do. I think he is way out of line, but thats his opinion non the less. It sickens me (and frightens me) to hear about pysicians and healthcare "professionals" who react to grown men who choose to BETTER their health by taking anabolics in a responsable manner, like we are all heroin addicts with tracks on our arms and missing teeth, purse snatching to feed our habbit. In alot of way's the average "addict", whether it be heroin, cocaine or alcohol, is looked at with pity and not blamed at all because it's a "disease",and not their fault at all, where as the average guy that uses anabolics, watches his diet closely and is dedicated to the gym and a sense of well being, and is alot healthier than the general population, including the pysician that is looking down at you from his "cross" is looked at as a low-life drugie. It's the harsh reality. I hope the publics views and the way pysicians view anabolics will change one day, but don't count on it. Untill then guys like you and I know the "truth", and I don't know about you, but thats all I need. When I look in the mirror and see a very healthy 6' 5" 283 pound guy, i know the truth, thats all I need. And you can rest assured that your little "talk" with your doctor is on your file now, all the pysicians that you see after him will know that conversation took place, and hopefully, you'll find a pysician that knows the truth too.
    Last edited by big_C; 10-05-2005 at 03:47 PM.

elcapitan is offline Associate Member
    All Dr's are going to view it differently and all will recieve different legal advice from their respective attornies, and with no real defining case law of a Dr gettin into trouble over such advisements they are going to run the gamut from refusing to treat all the way to prescribing ancillaries to help(yes I have heard of this). As far as refusing treatment a Dr can refuse treatment for anyone unless(I am trying to remember all of this)the person is in a life threatening situation, pregnant & in labor, or is otherwise medically determined to need immediate care. So yeah, you tell your doc you got a nasty drug habit, if he don't want you around his office he can refuse treament. Currently speaking though to my knowledge there hasn't been such a case brought out-but time my good friend, time, some attorney will figure out someone was getting regular visits to his Dr while on steroids with the Dr's knowledge and "guidance" and he will try to blame the Dr for the guy's heart attack, or him flippin out and shooting up a post office. Dr's have deep pockets and good insurance, makes 'em nice targets.
    And the media would have a feild day with it!!

SLAPSTIX is offline New Member
    look for a new doc

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Mranak, you should look at my post a couple above yours
    Great minds think alike.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Shop around, dont give some asshole doctor your $$$ and your health. I just changed cuz mine was a dic head.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon
    What if he was a smoker... would the doc refuse to give him a exame? I did not know they could do this.
    he doesn't have to agree to help him to start smoking. If he said " hey doc, I will be starting to smoke in the future, but do not want to get lung cancer. Will you check me out once a mo. to make sure I do not get lung cancer." I am sure he would say no also.

And smoking is legal!!!!

Find a new doc, but you have to at least respect his decision to not help you break the law and maybe harming yourself.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    that's why i never tell a doc what i am taking..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by big_C
    It sickens me (and frightens me) to hear about pysicians and healthcare "professionals" who react to grown men who choose to BETTER their health by taking anabolics in a responsable manner
    How does taking anabolics (like the way we do) BETTER our health? It may push us to eat better and train harder, but we do not NEED AS to do that. It gives us a more apealing body. but that does not equal better health.

We take AS to look a certain way...not for better health....that is the difference.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaVol
    I guess I can see the Drs point of view here. What if you were to die for some reason taking the drugs? You’re parents or wife could sue the Dr. and when he goes on the witness stand in court they’d ask him did you know this poor uninformed fellow was taking steroids ? Yes. But yet you continued to treat this man knowing this all along? Well, yes but I was… Yes or no Mr. Dr. did you not tell him on his last visit that all of his blood levels looked good on the test report? Yes but…Did you know that steroids were illegal? Yes, but but… Yet you condoned this type of behavior by continuing to encourage him by keeping close check on his blood knowing that it was bad for him all the time? Well, it’s not exactly like that ya see… Mr. Dr. don’t make me repeat it every time just answer the questions yes or no. OK, Yes I continued monitoring his testosterone levels knowing it was bad for him. Did you not know it was your legal and moral duty to report this illegal action to the police? That it’s unethical for a doctor to aid a person in commenting a felony?

The jury finds Mr. Dr. guilty and fines him 3 million bucks and he gets 2 years of community service and his licenses suspended indefinitely.

Sad but that’s our society today nobody will take responsibility for themselves and they will put the blame any where that will make them some money.

most responsible and sound opinion given.
    I am on HRT and the first thing a Dr. wants to do if I switcht DR. is take me off the test injections and use a gel or a patch. Cause they have said that they don't want to be liable, cause people sell their scripts all the time to others.
    I find it weird that you guys know that it isn't a medical necessity, yet its illegal but you expect someone to bend their values to you so you can do supervised illegal activites?

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    How does taking anabolics (like the way we do) BETTER our health? It may push us to eat better and train harder, but we do not NEED AS to do that. It gives us a more apealing body. but that does not equal better health.

We take AS to look a certain way...not for better health....that is the difference.
    No you know better than that there are newbies on this board and boards around that need AS. They need it, they don't want to wait or train hard or diet. They need it its a medical nescessity in their eyes.

I agree with eveything you have said. Its just scary, cause it sounds like the medical mary jane issue. Which I have family members who have cancer, but they don't like the fact that they have or could take something that is illegal in most parts of the state. Its got to do with who they are and what they represent. I have heard its better and helps but I respect the hell out of them for not trying to get it illegally. They will wait for it to be legal. Which hey they might pass, but they belive its better cause they didn't do something illegal in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by kaorialfred
    No you know better than that there are newbies on this board and boards around that need AS. They need it, they don't want to wait or train hard or diet. They need it its a medical nescessity in their eyes.

I agree with eveything you have said. Its just scary, cause it sounds like the medical mary jane issue. Which I have family members who have cancer, but they don't like the fact that they have or could take something that is illegal in most parts of the state. Its got to do with who they are and what they represent. I have heard its better and helps but I respect the hell out of them for not trying to get it illegally. They will wait for it to be legal. Which hey they might pass, but they belive its better cause they didn't do something illegal in their life.
    Well...the fact that is illegal is another argument. I wish it were legal(pot and steroids ), and in a country where you can smoke, drink, and eat your way to death and the government doesn't care I see no arguement for it to be illegal.

Oh..wait..yes I do. The government has not figured out how to turn a huge profit on it like cigs. Same with the ephedra ban...government did not make enough money on it to keep it around. People said it was dangerous, they made no money, so they ban it. Cigs on the other hand...people said they are dangerous, what do they do, raise the tax on it so they make enough money to be willing to put up with bitching.

I am sure once the goverment figures out how to make more money off of distrubution of pot, or steroids for that matter, vs. the money they make off of people getting busted selling or using, it will be legal.

My main point through out this was...you do not have to agree with the doc, and you do not have to like the fact that gear is illeagl. But you have to respect the fact that he thinks you are harming yourself by doing it, and does not want to aid in it.

ps. Sorry bout your family bro. I recently lost my aunt to cancer. It's tough I am all for anything that helps aid the pain.

Sadly, there are an inordinate amount of feminists and soccer moms in the Democratic party, who are part of this craze of defeating death by trying to ban as many things as possible. These women, sadly, manipulate their men, through a religous system that askews the natural balance between men and women in the favor of women; through the institution of monogamy. Those senator's are part of the castrated majority of the American male population. So you are correct that stupidity is a bipartisan effort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information