Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

What a joke this guy is !!

First off I'd like to say Im no expert in steroid use but I do know enough to know that oral only cycles are not good.

However this punk down the gym has hs own little theory. This is his "plan" :

In the morning he gets up to a fried breakfast+fresh orange juice and a shake. Then he proceeds to have various shakes up until lunch time when he has a snack and drop himself an 59mg Anaplon in there. Again he has more shakes until dinner time when he will have his "main meal". Then up until his final shake at bedtime he will have a few more in between.

Now, like I said I know Iam no expert but this just seems fuking crazy. His workout maybe good but his diet obviously sucks.

Just had to share this madness with you all.

BodyTalk is offline Junior Member
    Given Anapalons high toxicity level and the amount of shake based protein this guy is consuming, I imagine he will be on the waiting list for a new liver before long

i tried to tel him it is more important to consume protein from real foods and to have only 5 shakes containing 30g protein daily at the very most but there is just no telling some people.
    This guy sort of looks at me like I know jack shit just cos he is bigger than me but thats up to him.

BodyTalk is offline Junior Member
    my bet is he spends more on toilet paper than he does on protein

yeah. I dont think the amount of shakes would matter if he was matching them with real foods. Anyway im off down the gym now to try talk him out of it

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    if he's taking casein protien shakes he might be good to go because it takes hours to breakdown, but real food is still better

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    i tried to tel him it is more important to consume protein from real foods and to have only 5 shakes containing 30g protein daily at the very most but there is just no telling some people.
    This guy sort of looks at me like I know jack shit just cos he is bigger than me but thats up to him.

5 shakes a day? i only have one, maybe two

personaly I do 1 between every meal, but only enough to supply my body with 20-40g of protein as I can not always spare the time to make food due to work. But this guy is going way over the top

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    I would advise more then 30 gram shakes a certain points of the day.

you mean have a higher amount of proteing say at midday then again at mid-afternoon ?

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    I would advise more then 30 gram shakes a certain points of the day.
    I do em @ 48 - 50 grams per shake - 3 times a day - Most important I have read is immediatly after your workout, especially for me since I workout 1st thing in the AM. The one mid morning, one mid afternoon. Still try to get the bulk of my protein from natural foods. If I'm traveling, I'll throw in an extra shake or two for convenience - Muscle Milk RTD - Bananna Creme - its pretty good.

When in glycogen depletion and taking a carb/protein shake, you body is capable of assimilating more protein then it normally would be able to. So after a workout and first thing in the morning I would always recommend about 50grams.
    Plus, through out the rest of the day you could have a bit more as well. When on gear you have a very positive nitrogen balance where you can absorb more protein then a natural individual. Also combine some digestive enzymes in there as well and there's pretty much no reason why a gear using athlete wouldnt be able to take in at least 50g per sitting.
    Plus, your buddy should be splitting up his anapolon dose and not using it by itself which it sounds like he is.

Thanks For The Info Guys

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyTalk
    that's the same thing i was thinking. i did this one day when i forgot my meals at home and then continued the next day on the lake and that was a challenge the next time i went to the bathroom. won't be doing that again.

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    Most people say "shakes are a supplement, you need real food". Can anyone give good reasons why though? Shakes are protein, protein is a macro-nutient, so shakes are not really a supplement right? I know some will say I'm dumb, but I drink 6-7 shakes a day. I still eat oats, rice and solid food, shakes are just my main protein source. Mainly because it's cheaper and it's so fast, I'm not a pro-bodybuilder and I don't want to spend the time and money making food. I've gone through periods of eating mostly "real" food and I didn't notice any difference in my body. I acctually feel better drinking shakes, I feel lighter and less bloated and full all the time. I digest them fine, I don't fart and spend all my time on the toilet. I'm not saying I'm right and a lot of shakes will work for everyone. I'm just saying everyone is different and there is no ONE right way to eat, train, or do AAS.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Gassy
    Can anyone give good reasons why though? Shakes are protein, protein is a macro-nutient, so shakes are not really a supplement right?

There isn't one person on this board that can give an explanation how the body views supplemented calories (shakes) and whole food calories differently. No one can because there isn't one.

I'm not saying that drinking that many shakes is healthy either. There are digestive enzymes in food that are need to aid in the breaking down of it. But it seems that you are eating plenty of whole foods as well.

I eat about 5-6 meals a day and about 3-4 "shakes." The reason I put shakes in qoutes is b/c If I'm in my bulking stage (am now) I"ll have a clean, proportioned meal and then compliment it w/ 6oz. of water and 2 scoops of Isolate. I'm counting that as a shake and all I"m doing is adding 40g of protein to my meal which is consisting on another 30 or so.

How can one get 300+ grams fo protein in a day without supplementing??? A pound of chicken has roughly 120g of protein. There's not too many people I know that eat 2 pounds of chicken a day to get 240grams. I'd be grwoing feathers and shitting out eggs if that happened.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    There will always be idiots, and they will always do what the want. If you learn proper ways of nutrition, AAS use, etc, you will outlive them and enjoy a better life in the long-run.

Am I one of those idiots, powerliftmike?

IMO i think it is all about finding the right balance. If it works for some guys doing lots of shakes than fair enough but it will probably not work for others

Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    Yeah i would never do over 3 a day, but i know guys that have done up to 6. But then again those same guys never off cycle.....

I drink one in between breakfast and lunch, one in between lunch and dinner, and the last one is right after I work out at about 9 at night.

tawweiliu is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyTalk

Funny Sh!t

Tawweiliu yur aviator kiks ass

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooksetter
    Yeah i would never do over 3 a day, but i know guys that have done up to 6. But then again those same guys never off cycle.....

I drink one in between breakfast and lunch, one in between lunch and dinner, and the last one is right after I work out at about 9 at night.
    That's a nice balance and I"m sure it suits your schedule.

Now as Chemical king said, you have to find what works for you and sometimes its forced to be a schedule issue. For instance, there are times that I dont have access to food for like 4 hours so I eat a bar. With my work/school schedule I eat 2 bars a day. I wouldnt go and tell everyone to eat 2 bars a day b/c I"m not the biggest fan of all the additives in bars. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut its what works for me.

All has to be customized to fit each one of our schedules. That why I ahte seeign sample menus saying "this is what you have to eat to get big." Doesnt work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gassy
    Most people say "shakes are a supplement, you need real food". Can anyone give good reasons why though? Shakes are protein, protein is a macro-nutient, so shakes are not really a supplement right? I know some will say I'm dumb, but I drink 6-7 shakes a day. I still eat oats, rice and solid food, shakes are just my main protein source..
    Shakes are just as good as real food, in fact better. Whey protein actually has a higher biological value then all the other common sources of protein. That doesn't mean that you should only get your protein from them though. You should consume a variety of protein sources since they all have different amino acid profiles. And as far a your body recognizing whey protein over whole food sources, whey comes from milk and is a natural derivative of it. So it does digest the same just considerably faster since you have removed the casein and a few other items which prolong digestion.

Agreed, I should eat a few more meals and less skakes. With work and family taking up so much time, it's so easy to just down a skake.

Thread Information