fonyx is offline Junior Member

longest Cytomel (T3) cycle ?

Just curious to know whats the longest period of time someone here has run T3 at 50mcg per day and higher ?

Also, did you notice any thyroid downgrade and/or rebound afterwards ?
    Thanks

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    My mother was on T4 and T3 for most of the 60's. Back then doctors were quite liberal in prescribing it for weight loss and as a general tonic for 'feeling down'. Sometime in the 70's medical opinion changed and they would only prescribe it if your TSH values were severely out of the norm. Today they're more willing to give you T4/T3 based on symptoms as well as lab results. Her TSH value today is in the middle of the normal range, and she wishes they give her T3 again for weight loss.

There was a study done by Greer et al. on people who were misdiagnosed with low thyroid, and ran T3 for up to 30 years before coming off...quoting from a later study (commenting on the first one), we find that:

"In 1951, Greer ....observed that after withdrawal of exogenous thyroid therapy, thyroid function, in terms of radioiodine uptake, returned to normal in most subjects within two weeks. He further observed that thyroid function returned as rapidly in those subjects whose glands had been depressed by several years of thyroid medication as it did in those whose gland had been depressed for only a few days" (2)

This is why Mallet's Thyroid reccomendations (all of them), as well as Cycleon's Thyroid Protocol, etc...where you have "off days" or whatever ...is just silly...and 100% wrong. You will recover your thyroid function quickly (and at equal speed) no matter if you've been on T3 for years or days. "Ramping" up (huh?) your doses and "tapering" (what?) or having "off" (why?) days is useless and ill-informed.

References:

1. Greer,M. N Engl J Med 244:385, 1951)

2. N Engl J Med 1975 Oct 2;293(14):681-4 Recovery of pituitary thyrotropic function after withdrawal of prolonged thyroid-suppression therapy. Vagenakis AG, Braverman LE, Azizi F, Portinay GI, Ingbar SH.
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 09-26-2005 at 11:52 PM.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    This is why Mallet's Thyroid reccomendations (all of them), as well as Cycleon's Thyroid Protocol, etc...where you have "off days" or whatever ...is just silly...and 100% wrong.
    THANK YOU! I hate people who automatically think Mallet and Cycleon were T3 geniuses and follow their teachings without any actual studies to back them up.

Hooker, you are a huge reason I visit AR. Always insightful.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe if you have a pre-existing thyroid problem you should be prescribed t3 by a doc or you could damage it for good. Suppression of a already underactive thyroid could shut it down, I would think. I think t4 is a better choice for hypothyroidism since it induces your body to produce it's own t3. All thyroid medicine like most every drug has a negative feedback loop. There is PCT supps to take like T-100x or something. Blown_SC told me about it.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 09-27-2005 at 12:40 AM.

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    man hook! Thats an AWESOME study!

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    So hooker do you have a T3 protocol anywhere? im just kind of curious

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    THANK YOU! I hate people who automatically think Mallet and Cycleon were T3 geniuses and follow their teachings without any actual studies to back them up.
    I agree with most of what you said...except for the part where you call Mallet and Cycleon's posts "teachings" ...I think for them to be teachings, you have to actually learn something (factual) from them...

In other words, the plural form of "bullshit" is not "teachings" ....it's still just bullshit.

The sad thing is that Mallet is only known for his thyroid advice...and it's mostly ALL WRONG! He left AR because I pointed this out in his little "Mallet's Thyroid Reccomendations" threads...he even deleted most of them, since he started them, and I showed him to be wrong about almost everything...even (if you can believe this) how to take your temperature!

He deleted all of his threads on BB4L also, when I pointed out where he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    I believe if you have a pre-existing thyroid problem you should be prescribed t3 by a doc or you could damage it for good.
    If you have a pre-existing thyroid problem, isn't it already damaged for good? I mean..if not, why prescribe medication you have to be on for your whole life (for good) like T3?

Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    So hooker do you have a T3 protocol anywhere? im just kind of curious
    I tested it out on Jerzey and Ice Princess so far (yes, both are girls) as well as myself and I'll be testing it on rock soon also. All of that information is in my book, with explanations on thyroid function and a protocol (with how to gague process by monitoring BBT and stuff like that).

So when does the book come out

So when does the book come out
    My part is done(finished writing it weeks ago), now it's being edited then formatted professionally, then it goes to the printers.

I don't know a definite date, past my part, because I'm not in control of that kinda thing. Could be out in less than a month...could take 2...

Hopefully soon....I guess you can PM or e-mail System_Admin for something more specific...he should know better than me...

Oh cool its like the A-R book i thought it was a book you were putting out personally

Hooker,

So I can safely run 100mcg of Cytomel daily (50mcg twice a day, 50mcg in the morning, 50mcg in late afternoon) for about 12 weeks and not have to worry about thyroid shutdown, or the weight rebounding etc ? Or should I keep a super clean diet for a month after the 12 week cycle ?
    thanks

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fonyx
    Hooker,

So I can safely run 100mcg of Cytomel daily (50mcg twice a day, 50mcg in the morning, 50mcg in late afternoon) for about 12 weeks and not have to worry about thyroid shutdown, or the weight rebounding etc ? Or should I keep a super clean diet for a month after the 12 week cycle ?
    thanks
    I think you misunderstood Hooker's post. There is always a period of thyroid shutdown following T3. It is during this time that your diet should be on point or else you will gain back all of your weight and perhaps more!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    ran mine at 125-200mcg for 8 weeks..

some rebound is expected.. but man it works..

took with var only cycle.. and rala..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you misunderstood Hooker's post. There is always a period of thyroid shutdown following T3. It is during this time that your diet should be on point or else you will gain back all of your weight and perhaps more!
    Exactly. But as far as dose and length you can definitly do that. My usual thyroid cycles are exactly that 100mcg for 12 weeks sometimes a little more with clen on and off throughout.

Would it be good to run an e/c/y stack after t3 cycle, to prevent rebound ?

Oh cool its like the A-R book i thought it was a book you were putting out personally
    It's being produced by Steroid .com, but I wrote the thing...

Usually you talk about the author of a book in that context ("Hey, remember that book by Stephen King?") not the publisher ("Hey Remember that book by Random House Publishing LLC?").....

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    "Ramping" up (huh?) your doses and "tapering" (what?) or having "off" (why?) days is useless and ill-informed.
    I agree with not slowly tapering down, but, for ex. if you've never ran T3 before, I would still suggest starting with a smaller dose, and adjusting from there....

Also, still haven't received any mail, just letting you know.

vein-x is offline Associate Member
    I know is this a T3 Thread, but I only saw clen mentioned once. I thought Clen+T3 was a popular stack?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Also, still haven't received any mail, just letting you know.
    All I do is forward the information on to the person paying you (B.C.) ....but I was hanging out with him in Maryland last week (all week) and in New Jersey and NYC this week (he left today and we got here on Friday), and he brought up the fact that he needs to get things in order and get that stuff out. He'll be at work tomorrow and I'll call him then.

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    I'm on week 2 of a 10 week T3 cycle (100mcg). This will be my longest, did 6 weeks previously. I love T3, works wonders but makes me feel like complete and utter shitt. Feel flu-like all day and have horrible night sweats but man it works.

All I do is forward the information on to the person paying you (B.C.) ....but I was hanging out with him in Maryland last week (all week) and in New Jersey and NYC this week (he left today and we got here on Friday), and he brought up the fact that he needs to get things in order and get that stuff out. He'll be at work tomorrow and I'll call him then.
    It's no problem, just wanted to give ya an update. Looking forward to the book as well. Sorry for the hijack fonyx.

Dilanger is offline New Member
    Does anyone of you guys and girls use any supps to help the rebound of your natty thyroid production? If so, which supps at what doses?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dilanger
    Does anyone of you guys and girls use any supps to help the rebound of your natty thyroid production? If so, which supps at what doses?

Thanks
    Blown_SC told me T-100x or something close to that. Get it at a health food store.

Yes, t-100x is glandular thyroid support. Great stuff. Search "t-100x+thyroid" on google.... cuz just searching "t-100x" brings up nothing worthwhile.

fanatic is offline Member
    So...with the temporary thyroid rebound (thyroid supression post T3 use), would it be effetcive to stop its use a few weeks prior to ending a test cycle to ensure keep gains? I guess what I'm asking is, when is the ideal point to run T3 in a cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic
    So...with the temporary thyroid rebound (thyroid supression post T3 use), would it be effetcive to stop its use a few weeks prior to ending a test cycle to ensure keep gains? I guess what I'm asking is, when is the ideal point to run T3 in a cycle?
    I plan on running it in the first 3/4's of my test cycle this winter... at a low dosage. I don't want my thyroid recovering at the same time as my HPTA....

Im gonna run Cytomel at 75mcg/day for 8-10 weeks. I have read that while on cytomel and similiar compounds, you can gain size while still losing fat. What do you guys think about that idea?

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Im gonna run Cytomel at 75mcg/day for 8-10 weeks. I have read that while on cytomel and similiar compounds, you can gain size while still losing fat. What do you guys think about that idea?
    On a dose of 75mcg you wont be gaining much size. Run at a low dose to increase protein metabolism then yes you can still put on size.

So... you think 50mcg or should I go even lower?

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Yes, t-100x is glandular thyroid support. Great stuff. Search "t-100x+thyroid" on google.... cuz just searching "t-100x" brings up nothing worthwhile.
    Thx Blown....What is the average price for t-100x?

Yes, you can still put on LBM while on T3... Test would be the best for this.
    So... you think 50mcg or should I go even lower?
    Depends on YOU.. not everyone is the same... monitor your temp. and go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Thx Blown....What is the average price for t-100x?
    About $30 a bottle.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member

Hooker, you are a huge reason I visit AR. Always insightful.
    I used both of their protocols and they worked... But if you prefer to defer to case studies rather than actual experience that is AOK with me... That is how you learn, buy other peoples mistakes or your own(the more painful way of learning).

Hey scriptfactory have you seen any studies on 600mg of eq and an equal amount of tren per week that would cause lean muscle gains? Probably not, but if you ask around I bet people will tell you that it works... know what I mean?

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    ran mine at 125-200mcg for 8 weeks..

some rebound is expected.. but man it works..

took with var only cycle.. and rala..
    how'd this work out for you? i was thinking of doing something very similar to this for an expierement. maybe a low dose of test prop also.

Thread Information