nathanlgd is offline Associate Member

Starting to get a little discouraged...

Ok, I'm in week 7 of my first cycle (Test Enth @ 500mg a week). My diets sufficiant and so is my training but I'm not seeing any big gains in strength or size.
    I've had 13 shots so far with the 14th this thursday. The amps are 250mg per ml as usual.
    I am the heaviest I've ever been at the minute but still I'm not seeing the big gains I expected from week 4 onwards. My starting weight was 188lb and I'm now 199lb but I've been around 199lb since week 3! nothings changed from week 3 to 7. I think my strength is up marginaly but nothing like I expected.
    Any thoughts? if theres any other details you need to know just ask. I've tried to take a pic of my gear but my camera sucks balls and won't give a clear image.
    Cheers

jinos is offline Member
    Then you should be raising your daily cal. intake.

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    That, and go to the roidcalculator.com ... you'll see why your gains are slow at coming on, and why people like me promote frontloading... others say "kick start" with a fast acting oral, but in either case, this is why people shouldn't run 12 week cycles unless they do kick start or frontload ... one or the other, or both! :-)

I would guess I'm taking in around 4000 cals a day with 200g+ of protein.

Is there anything I can do to make the best of this cycle? I was only going to do 10 weeks but I'm now thinking longer would be better to get some more out of it. Any suggestions?

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Go at least 12 weeks, it seems that E usually really kicks in for me at 5weeks, but for others the feel is different, so I say go longer, it is obvious that you got some good out of it 11 lbs in 7 weeks isn't something to scoff at. Keep on truckin man-up your protein to at least 1.5 grams per lb of lbm IMO, just keep doing what you are doing now and add in additional protein, this will up your total calories and help your body's growing protein needs.

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    11 lbs isnt bad . I'm up almost 14 lbs in 6 weeks of the same cycle. Strength gains aren't phenomenal - but slowly coming. I'm thinking of extending from 12 to 14 weeks since I did not front load. Next time I think I will try the front load technique.

onlyatest is offline New Member
    i'm on my 3rd week and have been jumping big time in all lifts. bench especially. started at 275x8 and now at 295x8 in only 2 weeks. can't wait for the E to start really kickin in.

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    I think you might be lagging a little but not much......... keep up the intensity in the gym!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUballs0514 is offline Associate Member
    you'll be fine, just up your cals and maybe change your training routine

SensP is offline Associate Member
    Perhaps he could throw an oral in at the end of his cycle? Dbol at 30 or 40 mg for the last 4 or 5 weeks? Or would that just make pct harder?

imanewbie is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onlyatest
    i'm on my 3rd week and have been jumping big time in all lifts. bench especially. started at 275x8 and now at 295x8 in only 2 weeks. can't wait for the E to start really kickin in.

im with ya brotha man

I'll deffo extend the cycle to 12 weeks and I'll try and up the daily protein intake.

Try training differenet ways, drop sets,rest pause,heavy low reps,light high reps etc. I find that this cant shock your muscles and make them grow rather than sticking to the same old routine.

What about the possiblilty of my receptors closing after week 6? should I use some T3 to help with this? this was a suggestion by a friend - I'm not sure how clued up he is to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanlgd
    What about the possiblilty of my receptors closing after week 6? should I use some T3 to help with this? this was a suggestion by a friend - I'm not sure how clued up he is to be honest.
    Not a chance. Your friend, has no clue.

Ok, I'm in week 7 of my first cycle (Test Enth @ 500mg a week). My diets sufficiant and so is my training but I'm not seeing any big gains in strength or size.
    I've had 13 shots so far with the 14th this thursday. The amps are 250mg per ml as usual.
    I am the heaviest I've ever been at the minute but still I'm not seeing the big gains I expected from week 4 onwards. My starting weight was 188lb and I'm now 199lb but I've been around 199lb since week 3! nothings changed from week 3 to 7. I think my strength is up marginaly but nothing like I expected.
    Any thoughts? if theres any other details you need to know just ask. I've tried to take a pic of my gear but my camera sucks balls and won't give a clear image.
    Cheers
    If nothing changed from week 3-week-7, where did the 11 lbs come from, not the first 3 weeks of an Test E cycle I can assure you. Are you getting horny as hell? If so real gear, don't make any changes other than to diet.

Patience Nathan, I think you are making better gains than you percieve, go the distance and measure what happened over the whole cycle, not by the week.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Diet, diet, diet. Look at your protein intake and make sure you're taking in 1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight. 200lbs = at least 300 grams of protein per day. I would take in 350 grams. Plan it out in 50 gram meals and you'll see that's 7 servings. Yeah, you got to concentrate on getting it in.

Jnrmrplymouth is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Diet, diet, diet. Look at your protein intake and make sure you're taking in 1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight. 200lbs = at least 300 grams of protein per day. I would take in 350 grams. Plan it out in 50 gram meals and you'll see that's 7 servings. Yeah, you got to concentrate on getting it in.
    Yh I totally agree.............you said you were consuming 200g of protein a day. For someone of your stats you need 1.5g per lb. Bump it upto 270gms a day and see what happens.........

flyhalf is offline Associate Member
    im on test e 500mg and eq 400mg, seeing great gains. im in week 8. make sure your taking in enough protien, im doing about 250 grams a day.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    If you're only taking in 200g of protein per day, where is the rest of those "4000 calories" coming from?

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Agree with the increase in protein - has anything changed in weeks 4 - 7 as far as your rest? Rest and recovery is a large part of the whole cycle.
    It may not be possible - but I suggest 8.5 hours of sleep and try to get to bed at the same time each night.

big_C is offline Member
    I would guess I'm taking in around 4000 cals a day with 200g+ of protein.
    Up your protein to 2 grams per pound....400 grams of protein ED

Vegas67 is offline Member
    You are not far off bro. I am up 12lbs in 4.5 weeks but taking in 300+ gr protein.. If you keep most of the water off you actually are right on IMO.

ok, I'm adding 4 eggs on brown bread (toast) on a morning rather than Weatabix and than a tin of tuna mid afternoon and a tin of tuna before I go to bed. I'll also try and add more protein to my regular meals which are already protein and carb based anyway. This should see me upto around 300g a day.
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone - you've been very helpful and made me want to get my head down and keep going hard with the cycle. Cheers.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnZ
    11 lbs isnt bad . I'm up almost 14 lbs in 6 weeks of the same cycle. Strength gains aren't phenomenal - but slowly coming. I'm thinking of extending from 12 to 14 weeks since I did not front load. Next time I think I will try the front load technique.
    I have extended mine from 12 to 14 weeks.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    ok, I'm adding 4 eggs on brown bread (toast) on a morning rather than Weatabix and than a tin of tuna mid afternoon and a tin of tuna before I go to bed. I'll also try and add more protein to my regular meals which are already protein and carb based anyway. This should see me upto around 300g a day.
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone - you've been very helpful and made me want to get my head down and keep going hard with the cycle. Cheers.
    More eggs. Try to eat 8-10 egg whites. Supplement protein shakes in between meals.

SpiderRico is offline Member
    youll be alright the best thing with test e once you stop taking it the feeling and results just dont stop once your cycle is dont you still feel the effect a couple weeks after ... your not going to become a monster overnight everyones not built like Ronnie ... slow and steady wins the race bro

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    More eggs. Try to eat 8-10 egg whites. Supplement protein shakes in between meals.
    Yeah, I do 50g protein shakes between meals and after training. Always at least 3 a day.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    It would be to your advantage to post up your diet in the diet forum for critique...

I'm in week 8 now (had 16 shots, 16th tonight). I've upped the cals and protein intake. Weights up a little and I think strengths up a little as well. One thing I'm pleased about is my biceps seem to be growing well Each week I measure them theres often a slight inrease. I've ordered some extra gear to extend the cycle to a 12 weeker If things continue to move as they have been I'm sure I'll be pleased with the end result of the 12 week cycle.
    I'll be sure to write a run down of my final results with pics - maybe of some use to future new comers.

Prol is offline Associate Member
    Dude Don't forget to have you PCT in hand for when your done.........

toolman is offline Banned
    Go with Chicken or turkey breasts instead of the tuna every day. I do not like making 2 tins of tuna a daily habit since there is so much mercury in Tuna.

Thread Information