Skull Mason is offline Junior Member

aspirate question

hey guys I have been around many an athlete and friends who have used the gear and I have never seen one of them aspirate . Does everyone here do it? Do some not? What are the REAL consequences of not aspirating. ALso, when you aspirate, it looks like little bubbles shoot into the needle, but arent bubbles to be avoided????

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    those bubbles that pull back are fine. as soon as you let go of the plunge they are gone. u should asperate. i always do in spots like my quads and delts, but rarely do it for my glutes. i guess im less worried because there isnt a whole lot you can hit in the glutes.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I inject 1/2cc of air with every shot to clear the head of the pin. Yes, you should aspirate .

keltiktiger is offline Junior Member
    Those guys u see not aspirating probably inject like it's second nature and aspirate so quickly that you don't even notice.

All it takes is to inject a high dose of gear right into a vein just once and serious harm could be done - it will rush around your system and organs - you want to get it in a muscle where it will be released slowly over time.

And heaven forbit you inject an air bubble into a vein - instant death in most cases!

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by keltiktiger
    Those guys u see not aspirating probably inject like it's second nature and aspirate so quickly that you don't even notice.

All it takes is to inject a high dose of gear right into a vein just once and serious harm could be done - it will rush around your system and organs - you want to get it in a muscle where it will be released slowly over time.

And heaven forbit you inject an air bubble into a vein - instant death in most cases!
    The only advantage in not aspirating is saving a millisecond of time. It is definently in your best interest to always do it.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member

now thisi s just wrong. the amount air needed to cause a lethal air-embolism in the lungs is considerably larger than that. Im guessing 1 cc of air wont kill u.. bubbles wont do nothing..

i always lewave a lil air to get all the gear pushed out, then a lil while back I hit the vein.. I aspirate always but sometimes forget it. once i did forget it and man did I feel like crap for a while...IMO always aspirate.. it wont harm u at all and can potentially be very helpful...

A little air never hurt anybody. Does a body good.

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    now thisi s just wrong. the amount air needed to cause a lethal air-embolism in the lungs is considerably larger than that. Im guessing 1 cc of air wont kill u.. bubbles wont do nothing..
    I agree! As a former junkie I have injected bubbles into my veins often. Obviously not on purpose. Its an artery that you have to worry about injecting air bubles in.

artery = even more way to go until lungs... Im guessing artery wouldnt be much worse but then again I have no actual knowledge on that, Im just pondering... any1 can correct me if they know... there is a bunch of us here tbone

Artery moves away from heart, Veins comes back to the lungs from what I understand, I am no premed. Friend is an RN and said that it would take over 3cc's of air directly into a vein to affect someone negatively.

sounds about right i dont know the exact amounts butI could believe that.. veins go to the right side of the heart and from there to lungs... from there to the left side of the heart and from there aorta - arteries...

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Asperate is merely a flick of the plunger....no reason not to waste that millisecond for peace of mind!

MJ

beuleux is offline Banned
    I dont get why nurses dont aspirate when they vaccinate my kids, and they force it through in about half a second, which leaves a huge lump for months, no wonder kids are scared of them.

Beuleux - it doesn't matter if those vaccinations go into a vein or into muscle as long as they eventually get into the bloodstream - steroids are different

beuleux is offline Banned
    Oh shit...so I trashed the surgery for nothing then!

nah not for nothing - I bet you had fun doing it!!!!

Skull Mason is offline Junior Member

No they werent aspirating at all. I would even bring it up to them, and others I know, all say they just dont do it. Does anyone actually KNOW first hand or someone who has died or had severe problems bc of not aspirating or is it more of a myth which most abide by to be on the safe side??

u can have problems. Hitting a vein is very uncomfortable to say the least. It happened to me once - didnt aspirate .

ant_8u is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I inject 1/2cc of air with every shot to clear the head of the pin....
    Same here

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member

...Oh, for Pete's sake. Can we lay this "instant death" myth of injecting air to rest once and for all?? It takes a minimum of 30ccs of air injected directly intravenously to cause serious issues. Most syringes we use arent even that big!!

i thinks it a lil smaller amount but yeah u r right.. =)

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    definatly aspirate .... it's nothing, takes no time.... it's just pointless to not do it.....

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    The bubbles that appear when aspirating are vaccum bubbles. They go away when the plunger is released.

Injecting into a vein is unlikely but possible. Injecting into a vein will cause a coughing fit that you will never forget.

Just aspirate , it only takes a second, why take the risk ?

Bulldog743 is offline New Member
    All oil based and water based anabolic steroids should be taken intramuscularly. This means the shot must penetrate the skin and subcutaneous tissue to enter the muscle itself. Intramuscular injections are used when prompt absorption is desired, when larger doses are needed than can be given cutaneously or when a drug is too irritating to be given subcutaneously. The common sites for in tramuscular injectons include the buttock, lateral side of the thigh, and the deltoid region of the arm. Muscles in these areas, especially the gluteal muscles in the buttock, are fairly thick. Because of the large number of muscle fibers and extensive fascia, (fascia is a type of connective tissue that surrounds and separates muscles) the drug has a large surface area for absorption. Absorption is further promoted by the extensive blood supply to muscles. Ideally, intramuscular injections should be given deep within the muscle and away from major nerves and blood vessels.

The best site for steroid injections is in the gluteus medius muscle which is located in the upper outer quadrant of the buttock. The iliac crest serves as a landmark for this quadrant. The spot for an injection in an adult is usually to 7 1/2 centimeters (2 to 3 inches) below the iliac crest. The iliac crest is the top of the pelvic girdle on the posterior (back) side. You can find the iliac crest by feeling the uppermost bony area above each gluteal muscle. The upper outer quadrant is chosen because the muscle in this area is quite thick and has few nerves. The probability of injecting the drug into a blood vessel is remote in this area. Injecting here reduces the chance of injury to the sciatic nerve which runs through the lower and middle area of the buttock. It controls the posterior of each thigh and the entire leg from the knee down. If an injection is too close to this nerve or actually hits it, extreme pain and temporary paralysis can be felt in these areas. This is especially undesirable and warrants staying as far away from this area as possible.

THREE ACCEPTABLE SITES FOR INTRAMUSCULAR INJECTIONS ARE SHOWN BELOW

A) BUTTOCK

B) LATERAL SURFACE OF TIGH

C) DELTOID REGION

If the gluteal region cannot be injected for some reason, the second choice would be the lateral portion of the thigh. Usually, intramuscular injections in the thigh are only indicated for infants and children. The vastus lateralis muscle is the only area of the thigh that should be injected intramuscularly. This site is determined by using the knee and the greater trochanter of the femur as landmarks. The greater trochanter is the bony area that you can feel where the femur joins the pelvic girdle. The mid portion of the muscle is located by measuring the handbreadth above the knee and the handbreadth below the greater trochanter. Injecting into the front of the thigh or inside of the thigh is extremely unwise. These areas contain nerves as well as a number of blood vessels.

WHAT TO USE FOR INJECTIONS

It is important to choose the proper syringe for the administration of injectable anabolic steroids . The principle components of a syringe include a cylindrical barrel to one end of which a hollow needle is attached, and a close fitting plunger. The most acceptable syringe for injecting anabolic steroids is a 22 gauge 1 1/2" or 23 gauge 1" apparatus with a 3 cc case. This length allows for penetration to reach deep inside the muscle tissue. Shorter needles, 5/8" or 1/2" are usually not sufficient for intramuscular injections and occasionally leave a portion of the Injection in a subcutaneous area which will cause a swell between the skin and muscle as well as impaired absorption. The gauge size of a syringe represents the needle\rquote s diameter. The lower the gauge number, the wider it is. A 27 gauge needle is very thin. An 18 gauge is quite wide; it is often referred to as a cannon. The 22 and 23 gauge needles are not so large that they are difficult to insert, yet are large enough for solutions to easily be propelled through them. The use of insulin needles is not acceptable; they are simply too small. Usually, insulin pins are 25 to 27 gauge and only a 1/2" long with a 1 cc case.

INJECTION PROCEDURES

There are a number of steps that should be understood in order to complete a safe and proper intramuscular injection. First off, before handling any needles or vials, the user should take a thorough shower. Next, an alcohol swab should be used to clean the injection site and another alcohol swab should be used to clean the rubber stopper on top of the vial which will be drawn from. Then, take a brand new syringe out of its wrapper, remove its plastic top, draw about 2 ccs of air into it and insert it into the vial. Inject this air into the vial; this creates pressure within the vial and makes it easier to draw out oil based preparations. Then, turn the vial upside-down and slowly draw out the oil until you\rquote ve overdrawn at least 1/4 cc. For example, if someone was going to take a shot of 1 cc, they should pull out approximately 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 ccs of liquid, then tap the side of the case to help get the air bubbles that were drawn into the syringe to come to the top. At that point, the excess 1/4 to 1/2 cc could be injected back into the vial and the needle removed. Then, hold the syringe needle-side-up and continue to tap it to encourage all the air bubbles to come to the top of the syringe. Now, take another clean syringe, remove it from its sterile package and unscrew the needle from the syringe. Exchange the brand new needle for the one that has just been injected into the stopper. By using two needles for every injection, you can take advantage of using the full sharpness of the pin. The needle does suffer some dulling when it is pushed through the firm rubber stopper on a vial. It is important not to touch this needle before the injection. It should not come into contact with a counter top, your fingers, nor should it be cleaned with alcohol. This needle is sterile and should not be touched. At this point, once again swab the injection site with alcohol, then press the stopper of the syringe holding it needle-side-up, until the slight air bubbles that are at the top are pressed out. Once a bead of oil has appeared at the top of the needle, allow it run down the surface of the needle which provides lubrication.

At this time, take the syringe and hold it like a dart. Use the other hand to stretch the skin at the injection site and simply push the sharp clean needle in. After inserting it deep into the muscle, pull back on the stopper for a few seconds to make sure it does not fill up with blood which would indicate that the needle had been injected into a blood vessel. Providing there is no blood present in the syringe, slowly press the stopper down until all the oil is injected. Then, quickly pull the needle out and take another alcohol swab and press firmly on the injection site. This will minimize bleeding, if there is any, and by firmly pressing on the injection site and slightly massaging it, some of the soreness may be eliminated. It is important that the liquid is not injected too quickly as this causes more pain at the site during the injection and in the proceeding days.

After this procedure has been completed, return the plastic caps to shield the needles and make sure they are discarded properly.

To avoid discomfort and excessive scar tissue at the injection site, it is not wise to inject more than 2 ccs of solution per shot. It is also not prudent to use the same injection site more than twice a week (once a week is preferred) .

Learn more about how to inject steroids
    If you want to cut through the crap and complicated scientific explanations that no one can understand, and get real, hard hitting, 100% useful anabolic steroids knowledge, explained in "layman's terms", then this may be the most important information you will ever read.
    www.steroidtips.com

Thread Information