dragon69 is offline Member

how to use T3 on cycle

been on Tren A / Prop for almost 5 weeks already (it's a cutter). Thinking about adding T3 to the mix for the next 5-6 weeks (T3 is also recommended with tren use), but I need to know how to use it properly.
    A friend I know who has been using gear for decades said you take it in the morning only. Don't know how correct this is.

I was thinking about 25mcg ED, but want to hear what you have say here. Dosage? Do I need to take a break every now and then or just straight through. And is there anything I need to do to get the thyroid regulated afterwards (kinda like PCT)?
    Any input would be great.

My intention is to lower prolactin through the T3 addittion and maybe even add to the cutting power without slowing down any gains too much.

bolin is offline Associate Member
    I think that 25mcg are good for your cycle...... I usually take T3 for 6 weeks starting with 25mcg and going up to 75mcg. I do not take breaks.

I read many posts which say that this option is good. But there are some who do 2 days on 2 days off.......

Any more opinions?

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    bump I've never used it but i'd like to when i cut

gaa9679572 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmeat
    bump I've never used it but i'd like to when i cut
    I used it with my fina/prop cycle over the summer.. I ran my t3 very similar to bolin. Saw great results check out hooks profile:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=173205

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by gaa9679572
    I used it with my fina/prop cycle over the summer.. I ran my t3 very similar to bolin. Saw great results check out hooks profile:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=173205
    \

hmmmm..9-10 months.. but the issue then becomes you would need to use an anabolic during that time to maintain muscle mass..

there has to be a good cycle in there somewhere..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    IN BOLD...
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon69
    been on Tren A / Prop for almost 5 weeks already (it's a cutter). Thinking about adding T3 to the mix for the next 5-6 weeks (T3 is also recommended with tren use), but I need to know how to use it properly.
    A friend I know who has been using gear for decades said you take it in the morning only. Don't know how correct this is.

At low dosage, yes, at once in the morning, on an empty stomach.
    Read this: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?p=2149979

I was thinking about 25mcg ED, but want to hear what you have say here. Dosage?

Dosage is not the same for everyone. Start at 25mcg's, and work your way up...and see how your BBT responds. I personally wouldn't go over 100mcg.... and have not done so. (This is only because t3 is quite potent, and I don't think MOST people would need any more than this, however, some do use higher dosages with great results)...

I would taper up in order to see how you react; but not taper down (if at low dose)...

Do I need to take a break every now and then or just straight through.

I would only run it for a month or so, that way you aren't coming off T3 when you're coming off your cycle. It personally would not prefer to have your thyroid beginning to recover at the same time as your HPTA.

And is there anything I need to do to get the thyroid regulated afterwards (kinda like PCT)?

You don't require anything, but I would suggest taking t-100x for a few weeks afterwards....
    Any input would be great.

My intention is to lower prolactin through the T3 addittion and maybe even add to the cutting power without slowing down any gains too much.

"...I would suggest taking t-100x for a few weeks afterwards...."

what is t-100x?

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    How about Thryin ATC? Has anyone used that for thyroid PCT?

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    How about Thryin ATC? Has anyone used that for thyroid PCT?

where'd you find that stuff? Let me know, I'll research it then

"...I would suggest taking t-100x for a few weeks afterwards...."

what is t-100x?
    Glandular Thyroid support..... I've sent you a PM on where to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    IN BOLD...I would taper up in order to see how you react; but not taper down (if at low dose)...

why would you not taper down? Explain please

so everyone thinks that it should go straight through then without any 2 on/ 2off or 5 on /2 off schedule etc?
    Is 25mcg sufficient then or would I need to go up?

where'd you find that stuff? Let me know, I'll research it then
    I've heard of Thyrin-ATC before but I found this on eBay.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    I've heard of Thyrin-ATC before but I found this on eBay.
    You've been on T3 for along time,and you're about to start PCT.Did you happen to read Blowns response above(in bold)?

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    You've been on T3 for along time,and you're about to start PCT.Did you happen to read Blowns response above(in bold)?

~Pinnacle~
    I'm not going to taper down. I've been on t3 7 weeks at average of 50mcgs ed. I've questioned Blown many times on t3, he's helped me a lot. I have clen coming in the next day or 2. I will most likely go with t-100x as well.

Yeah, I should stop t3 now and start some t-100x right away. I still have a week and a half left on this igf-1/prop cycle...Good advice..
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 10-09-2005 at 02:48 PM.

why would you not taper down? Explain please
    Because there is no need. Doing so would only prolong the time til your thyroid can begin recovery. At low dosages, there is no point IMO.

alo5603 is offline Member
    so quick question for blown... if i run my t-3 thru my 15wk cycle, when should i end it to recover before pct? maybe wk 12 or 13?

alo

If it were ME, I'd end it after 10wks or so...

If it were ME, I'd end it after 10wks or so...
    sounds good, would i need a supp to help with the rebound?

alo

Quote Originally Posted by alo5603
    sounds good, would i need a supp to help with the rebound?

alo
    At low dose, there shouldn't be any rebound. T-100x would be a great idea though.

At low dose, there shouldn't be any rebound. T-100x would be a great idea though.
    What do you consider low dose?

What do you consider low dose?
    For me, 50mcg's and lower.

thanks blown, as always, gives good advice on t-3.

alo

Glandular Thyroid support..... I've sent you a PM on where to get it.
    I was looking at different thyroid supps at the health food store today. I saw adrenal gladular that is actual tissue from bovine (cows). Is this the same?

I found this posted by ABoot over at Steriodology. Blown_SC posted in this thread as well.

hxxp://macroweb.webair.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1182557#post1182557
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an excellent post by Mallet, one of the guys on the boards with the most knowledge on the subject. I know that Blown_SC who sometimes posts here has done a ton of research on the subject, so hopefully he'll see this and add some of his thoughts.

================================================== =======

Here is a list of supplements and recommendations I have compiled for your thyroid post cycle therapy .

SUPPLEMENT AND NUTRIENT SUPPORT FOR THE THYROID

Several nutrients are critical for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In order for the thyroid gland to produce the hormone thyroxine, it needs the trace elements iodine and selenium, and the amino acid Tyrosine. Without sufficient supply of the nutrients in the diet, thyroid function is diminished. A typical regimn of dietary supplements I recommend in support of thyroid function are listed below.

BLADDERWRACK (fucus vesiculosus)

Bladderwrack, or fucus, consists of the marine plant fucus vesiculosus. Marine algae have been used in Europe and Asia as medicinal agents for thousands of years. Bladderwrack is a rich source of iodine and is traditionally used for weight loss and hypothyroidism. Bladderwrack is thought to stimulate the thyroid gland, thus increasing basal metabolism. Bladderwrack also contains potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, and other minerals.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. 300-600 mgs, standardized to contain not more than 150mcg of iodine daily, one to three times a day.

COLEUS (coleus forskolii)

Coleus has been extensively researched in India over the last twenty years as a medicinal agent useful for thyroid support and for conditions such as high blood pressure, asthma, and weight loss, among others.
    Coleus is also thought to activate the enzyme adenylate cyclase. In doing so, it increases the level of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) within cells ( cAMP, as you may recall, is important in the activation of several biochemical pathways). This catalyst is formed when neurotransmitters bind to the cell membrane and stimulate the formation of adenylate cyclase. Specific hormonal messengers bind to receptor cites to create the release of cAMP. Therefore, while Coleus is involved in hormonal regulation, it doesn't increase hormone levels. Instead it helps improve the effeciency of binding to target receptor cites. The stimulation of cAMP has an impact on the body chemistry in several ways. It stimulates thyroid function, increases insulin secretion, inhibits histamine release (involved in allergic reactions), and increases the burning of fats as fuels. Coleus is claimed to inhibit platelet activating factor (PAF)--that si, the formation of blood clots--by possibly directly binding to PAF receptor cites.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. 250mgs of a 1 percent extract of coleus, twice a day. CAUTION: people with ulcers or who are taking blood pressure medication and anticoagulant medications should check with your healthcare professional before taking Coleus.

CORDYCEPS (cordyceps sinesis)

Cordyceps Is important for people with improperly functioning thyroid glands because people with low thyroid function have reduced oxygen utilization and increased oxidative stress. Cordyceps acts as an antioxidant, improves oxygen utilization by 15%, improves stamina, and reduces fatigue--all critical issues for people with poor thyroid regulation.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. 525mgs of cordyceps, standardized to contain .14 to .18 percent adenosine and 5 percent mannitol, two to three times a day.

ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS (EFA's)

Low thyroid function leads to poor conversion and utilization of essential fatty acids (EFA's). Without quality sources of dietary fat, particularily the Omega-3 fatty acid alpha-linoleic acid (ALA) and the Omeaga-6 fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), the body is unable to regulate hormonal influence over certain cells. EFA's are the building blocks of eicosanoids, a group of "super hormones" that act as hormonal gatekeepers of the cells. EFA defficiencies and overproduction of inflammatory prostaglandins are associated with a variety of illnesses, including slowed metabolism and increased storage of body fat.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. The best sources of GLA are borage and evening primrose oils. Sources of Omega-3 fatty acids are cold water fish ( salmon, mackerel, tuna trout, haddock), flaxseeds and flax oil. Although both EFA's are essential to our health, the ratio of omega-3 to Omega-6 oils in our diet should be 1:3. Udo's oil contains 3,6, and 9 fatty acids.

GUGGUL (commiphora mukul)

Guggul has been described in Indian medical literature as an agent for treating obesity and other eating disorders. Guggul was marketed as a lipid lowering agent in 1980, Guggul has been reported to stimulate thyroid function, which may lead to blood lipid lowering and weight loss, as well as improved thyroid function in hypothyroidism.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. 500mgs, three times a day, standardized to contain 5 percent gugglesterones. CAUTION: people taking prescription medications for cardiovascular disease such as calcium channel blockers or beta blockers, as well as those with hyperthyroidism, should check with there physician before taking Guggul.

IODINE.

If you can't get your hands on the bladderwrack, then sources of iodine include sea vegatables (nori, hijiki, wakame, kombu, and kelp), sea salt, and all seafood and saltwater fish. Iodized salt is another source, but contains to much aluminum, Iodized sea salt, however supplies iodine without unwanted aluminum.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. 225-1000mcg of iodine daily

L-TYROSINE

Without sufficient available tyrosine, the adrenal glands have a sluggish or inadequate response to stress: heart rate, blood pressure, airway, and metabolism are diminished. And when the tyrosine pool is drained to make stress hormones, there is less available to make adequate levels of thyroid hormones. Tyrosine supplements have been used as nutritional or adjunctive support for the treatment of depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, and weight gain, all of which are associated with hypothyroidism.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. 250-750mg of L-Tyrosine daily. Most body builders and athletes eat plenty of amino acids throughout the day, so supplementing with tyrosine isn't as important unless your under significant stress your body temp is low, and you have other symptoms of low thyroid effeciency.

THYROID BOVINE (BEEF) GLANDULAR

Thyroid glandular is a bovine-derived thyroid substance that may boost the human thyroid system when the gland is not functioning optimally. Glandular supplements are carefully processed animal gland tissue; thyroid glandulars contain extremely low levels of thyroid hormone. It is theorized that glandular tissues contain proteins that help the thyroid gland to rebuild itself. This has been very effective with people who have subclinical hypothyroid function...it has also been used in place of thyroid meds with great success.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. T-100X...Is a good source of not only thyroid glandular, but also contains: Thyroid glandular ( thyroxine free) 100mg...Adrenal gladular 50mg...pituitary glandular 15mg...spleen glandular 5mg...thymus glandular 5mg...and It also contains bladderwrack 15mg...along with a few supportive herbs. Made by "Advanced Orthomolecular Research" (AOR) check out their website for more info " www.aor.ca". So as you can see T-100X is good for more than just thyroid support, it's quite effective at stimulating your total immune system...this baby is a must!!!

DOSE. 1 tab (630mg) twice a day for post cycle or if you already have a low Resting Temp.

TRACE MINERALS

Chromium depletion may influence thyroid function. Chromium is a necessary mineral for the conversion of carbohydrates to energy, and helps maintain a stable blood sugar level. It is also an essential component to enzyme function that supports the conversion of T4 to t3. So chromium can indirectly impact your basal metabolic rate and how you are going to burn fat, use nutrients, and generate energy. Selenium has also been linked to subclinical hypothyroid symptoms. Selenium is found in selenoproteins, many of which have known roles in the prevention of cellular oxidative damage and thyroid hormone regulation. Selenium is an essential component of the enzyme iodothyronine deiodinase, the enzyme that converts thyroxine (T4) to the active triiodothyronine (T3). As with Zinc, selenium supplementation has been reported to improve thyroid function and regulate symptoms of hypothyroidism. Other nutrients important for optimum thyroid function include zinc and copper. These trace minerals are also required for the synthesis of iodothyronine deioinase. Studies have concluded that that zinc supplementation can restore normal thyroid function among people with low serum zinc, and signs of subclinical hypothyroidism. Zinc is required for the activity of more than 200 different enzymes in the body. Supplementing with extra zinc requires the addition of copper to maintain healthy zinc to copper ratio. Since the two elements antagonize one another, supplementing with one can kead to a deficciency of the other.

RECOMMENDED DOSE 200mcg of chromium daily as part of a multivitamin/mineral supplement; 200mcg of selenium daily; anf 15 parts zinc to 1 part copper, or approx 20-50 mg of zinc to 2 mg of copper.

A FINAL NOTE ON THYROID FUNCTION

Many physician now recognize the problems with thyroid regulation. In fact, the window for acceptable TSH levels has just recently been changed by the American Society of Endocrinologists so that millions more people may get diagnosed with hypothyroidism and get the help they need. Hopefully the use of t3 and t4 as drug therapy will become more popular, and in addition, the various influencers of thyroid metabolism such as stress and nutrient abnormalities will begin to become more recognized in the coming decade. Healthy thyroid function is crucial to graceful and vital aging. So whether you try Armour thyroid, nutritional approaches, get compounded thyroid therapy, or use traditional drugs, keep one thing in mind: If there's no relief of low-thyroid symptoms, you are probably still missing a piece of the metabolic puzzle.

MY RECOMMENDED LIST OF SUPPLEMENTS

With all that said you can pick from the list provided above to determine your needs, or what's available to you...this is what I do with great success, I mean my temp is usually bang on every morning, the only time my temp drops or raises, is when I want it too!

Coleus forskolii (acti-cyclase) 250mg twice daily when taking t3, 3 times daily when i'm not.

T-100X. 630mg twice daily for post cycle (As mentioned above this is the glandular form) This ones a must!!!

Life extension mix (powder) This baby is pricey but contains everything you need to sustain life. But for thyroid purposes : 200mcg selenium: 200mcg chromium: 75mcg iodine: 35mg zinc: 2mg copper

Udo's oil contains omega 3,6, and 9 fatty acids...I use 2 tablespoons in my protein drinks, 2 tablespoons per can of tuna in place of mayo. I cook with it, you can even poor it on popcorn in place of butter...I say this because my GF is a popcorn freak.

Backing off on training is a plus when doing long thyroid cycles. If your training 5 days a week, then try 4 days a week for the first 2 weeks when coming off t3, remember your adrenals will rob you of tyrosine to make cortisol. And since training and rest are 2 big factors of stress, lets give your body the extra edge for regulating your thyroid function with as little hinderance as possible. Try to make sure you get adequate rest when coming of thyroids also, this will help with the return of normal thyroid function as well.

t-100x supp facts:

Dosages & Ingredients: Suggested Use:
    One tablet twice a day with food or as directed by a qualified health care practioner.

Each tablet contains:
    Bladderwrach
    (source of prolamine iodine)....15 mg
    Dulse...........................400 mg
    Irish Moss......................40 mg
    Thyroid.........................100 mg
    Adrenal.........................50 mg
    Pituitary.......................15 mg
    Spleen..........................5 mg
    Thymus..........................5 mg
    L-Tyrosine......................30 mg
    Calcarea fluorica...............4X
    Lycopus virginicus..............4X

The processing and preparation of glandulars is an important issue. To eliminate any risk of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE/”mad cow disease”), glandulars may be sourced from free-range grazed, non-hormone fed live stock, preferably from New Zealand or Australia. Such animals are left to graze freely year-round, and are never fed rendered material from other animals. Such animals can be absolutely guaranteed to be BSE-free.

After extraction, the raw gland should be selectively pre-digested with enzymes and then subjected to ultrafiltration followed by lyophilization to preserve the integrity of the various components, and manufactured by federally-inspected and -approved laboratories with expertise in handling glandular products

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Why is it your ways of using t3 is completely different than

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=766

Because there is no need. Doing so would only prolong the time til your thyroid can begin recovery. At low dosages, there is no point IMO.
    thanks blown.

So dosage then with tren /prop....should I just go with 25 for 4 weeks? What would be a dose to increase my cutting power without losing gains too much?

Also do you think this is a good one to use?

Triyodtironin - Berlin Chemie AG Germany
    50 tablets @ 50mcg/tab.

thanks blown.

So dosage then with tren /prop....should I just go with 25 for 4 weeks? What would be a dose to increase my cutting power without losing gains too much?

Also do you think this is a good one to use?

Triyodtironin - Berlin Chemie AG Germany
    50 tablets @ 50mcg/tab.
    bump

bump

Dragon69 - I replied to your PM.

Quote Originally Posted by james21
    Why is it your ways of using t3 is completely different than

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=766
    Because different people have different methods/opinions on what is best. Both will work. I prefer one way over the other.

Same goes for things like clen . Some prefer to use it 2wks on / 2wks off, whilst others prefer not to do so, and simply take Ketotifen/Benadryl...

Thread Information