MotoXracer is offline Associate Member

Depression from coming off a cycle?

I don't mean feeling down because you are loosing some of your gains but actual depression, is it a side effect of coming off a cycle? I've been in worse situations and have come out of it fine but lately i've been in a funk that I can't get out of. It's the typicle girlfriend/money/carreer problems that are always there but for some reason this time it's really getting to me and it just so happends to be that I'm comming off a cycle. I'm about 2 weeks into my PCT. I'm thinking about going to talk to a doctor on monday but I just wanted to see if I am over reacting and if this is just a phase...

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    PCT sux..

flyhalf is offline Associate Member
    dude your test just went from mock 3 to turtle speed. definitly part of pct, you'll come out of it. take clomid

speak is offline Associate Member
    Obviously I have no idea how bad you get, but I also just finished with pct and a bout with depression. I just feel kinda down on myself and I can't put my finger on it, very frustrating. I think it is gone now, I think.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyhalf
    dude your test just went from mock 3 to turtle speed. definitly part of pct, you'll come out of it. take clomid
    Well put and right on.

slitsoul13 is offline Associate Member
    im in pct right now and i feel your pain bro, i have no sex drive or interest in sex, my nuts ache a lil, i feel very emotional, not in an aggresive way tho. no depression for me, but life is great for me right now. pct will make you feel more depressed than normal.. i have heard clomid can make you feel depressed also. pCT SUCKS, but you have to get through the pain

cavemanspearchucker is offline Associate Member
    you have to remind yourself its just the pct. When u would get emotional thats what id have to remind myself. My pct sucked. got the " Lets just be friends" treatment from the girl i was seeing cause i havent busted a nut in over a year and a half.. Its alright i fuc*ked her roomate and her in the bathroom of billy bangs. stupid bitches.

remind yourself that you're the Sh*t. i got so depressed that i didnt feel like eating. not the best thing when you are going through pct. i felt better, much better only two days after i was finished my pct. Hit the gym harder and keep eating.

brolicscholar is offline Junior Member
    Bro, I know how you feel. My biggest mistake was falling off w/ my training until my next cycle. Just keep training and eating like nothing changed. I know its easier said than done but gotta do it.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Depression is directly linked to low test levels.

You have to make sure not to overtrain during PCT. It's hard not to do since overtraining can be 75% or less than your AAS training regime during PCT. So you must shorten your training sessions and add more recovery time in between muscle groups so you don't go catabolic. Still eat small meals every 2-3 hours even if you don't feel hungry, force it down. Bring protein shakes or bars with you.

clomid + tongkat ali until your sexual drive is back.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    PCT sux..
    I vaguely remember PCT.Those were the days when I took 2 steps forward and one back.Yeah,that did suck!!

~Pinnacle~

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brolicscholar
    Bro, I know how you feel. My biggest mistake was falling off w/ my training until my next cycle. Just keep training and eating like nothing changed. I know its easier said than done but gotta do it.

I finished my PCT 8 weeks ago and the key is: stay in the gym and keep the diet in check for the duration of PCT. Also I added Tribulus to Clomid and Nolva during my PCT, that seemed to get my sex drive back much quicker .

Good luck bro,

MJ

bradd5150 is offline Associate Member
    tough it out bro. We've all been there. My last pct was wrought with depression over ex-wife, girlfriend, living situation, etc, etc. I just kept reminding myself why I was so depressed. If it gets so bad that you can't handle it, go see a doc, there are prescriptions that will help.

the good guy is offline Junior Member
    I think this is the best thread i read on this site

Dozerd is offline Junior Member
    Its been bad forme the last month. I know why im depressed. I feel like a weak little bitch in the gym, because i cant lift what i once did, the soreness after the gym sicks around twice as long, pumps are short lived, eating 8 times a day just sucks and all i can think is what a mess i am. I try telling myself it will get better. Reading your post and knowing other have worked through this helps. Good luck to you, your not alone.

Unoid is offline Member
    200:1 tongkat ali with Trib for the win. As well as Nolv/Clomid!

lollipops is offline Associate Member
    good rules of thumb are:

HCG during your cycle
    Clomid for PCT
    Nolva always on hand!

Thread Information