ZIA1 is offline New Member

Average test levels...

Is it true that the "average man" produces 4-7mg/day of test, naturally?

I read the following and I'm not sure I get it. If it is 4-7mg/day then why would HRT consist of 200-400mg/wk? Isn't that high for simple HRT?

"In men 20-50 years of age, an intramuscular injection of 200 to 300 mg testosterone enanthate is generally sufficient to produce serum testosterone levels that are supranormal initially and fall into the normal ranges over the next 14 days. Fluctuations in testosterone levels may yield variations in libido, sexual function, energy, and mood. Some patients may be inconvenienced by the need for frequent testosterone injections. Increasing the dose to 300 to 400 mg may allow for maintenance of eugonadal levels of serum testosterone for up to three weeks, but higher doses will not lengthen the eugonadal period."

interesting...bump

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Well I am on HRT, and I am only doing 60mg Test E a week to keep me way above the high end of the range, 200-300mg would be enough for a normal cycle based on the blood tests I have done and I am 50 years old. God knows where they get these doses from

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Well I am on HRT, and I am only doing 60mg Test E a week to keep me way above the high end of the range, 200-300mg would be enough for a normal cycle based on the blood tests I have done and I am 50 years old. God knows where they get these doses from
    Yeah - 60mg per week is a standard TRT. 200-300mg per week is a clinical "high dose"...

AIZ, they are probably referring to 200-300mg every 3 weeks in your quote...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Yeah - 60mg per week is a standard TRT. 200-300mg per week is a clinical "high dose"...

AIZ, they are probably referring to 200-300mg every 3 weeks in your quote...
    Just curious...so, the standard set of balls produces up to 7mg/day and my dose of 400mg/wk (57mg/day) is still considered a low test cycle...that makes me kind of confused...that is, comparing those numbers, it seems I'm doing WAY above what's needed. However, I'm on my 1st cycle of test (and primo) and I feel great. This is just new to me, that's all

Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    Just curious...so, the standard set of balls produces up to 7mg/day and my dose of 400mg/wk (57mg/day) is still considered a low test cycle...that makes me kind of confused...that is, comparing those numbers, it seems I'm doing WAY above what's needed. However, I'm on my 1st cycle of test (and primo) and I feel great. This is just new to me, that's all
    Well, the standard set of balls can vary 3 fold between different men - up to 12 fold between women...

400mg per week (however you figured that out - 400mg per week is difficult to actually do... if you are doing 200mg E3D that would actually be 66.67mg per day at 467mg per week) is a significant increase in blood androgens. This will lead into increased muscle mass via most of the known mechanisms - increased protein synthesis, cross-over binding to glucocorticoids (cortisol-blocking effects) and other less known effects on satelite cell production.

Anything above 300-400mg per week of total androgen use is suffecient for a cycle... considering testosterone should allways be a base (which is why stacking anything with it early on is not necessary). 500-600mg per week and above is typically needed if you have a lot of lean body mass - which translates into more receptor activity...

If you really want to learn more about this I can give you a few books to read... like, Yesalis and Taylor's books on Anabolic Steroids in Sports ... this is an even more interesting subject when you dig deeper into how it all works...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Well, the standard set of balls can vary 3 fold between different men - up to 12 fold between women...

400mg per week (however you figured that out - 400mg per week is difficult to actually do... if you are doing 200mg E3D that would actually be 66.67mg per day at 467mg per week) is a significant increase in blood androgens. This will lead into increased muscle mass via most of the known mechanisms - increased protein synthesis, cross-over binding to glucocorticoids (cortisol-blocking effects) and other less known effects on satelite cell production.

Anything above 300-400mg per week of total androgen use is suffecient for a cycle... considering testosterone should allways be a base (which is why stacking anything with it early on is not necessary). 500-600mg per week and above is typically needed if you have a lot of lean body mass - which translates into more receptor activity...

If you really want to learn more about this I can give you a few books to read... like, Yesalis and Taylor's books on Anabolic Steroids in Sports... this is an even more interesting subject when you dig deeper into how it all works...
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I got my figures by:

Test Prop: 400mg/wk (100mg EOD) = 57.1mg per 7 days in the week.

I was hesitant on using test but I read, researched, and listened to what others had to say. I am using the prop with primo and i actually feel great. I was simply trying to understand why (what I considered) to be a large dose is necessary if a man is producing on average 4-7mg day. Thanks again for the help

I was hesitant on using test but I read, researched, and listened to what others had to say. I am using the prop with primo and i actually feel great. I was simply trying to understand why (what I considered) to be a large dose is necessary if a man is producing on average 4-7mg day. Thanks again for the help
    100mg EOD of prop is equal to 50mg ED*7=350mg per week of total testosterone use. Add in your Primo and you will have your total andorgen use. You are significantly higher than normal...

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone

Here is my take on it Aiz, I don't believe that all of the testosterone we inject is actually utilized in the same way we use our own bodies testosterone. I think we need more of it to equal the same benefits.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Part of this is because a certain amount of the test cyp usually used in HRT consists of esters. Also SWALE has mentioned that it can be difficult to predict the effect of x mgs of injected test. All he can do start with a lower dose and keep raising it until blood testosterone levels reach the high end of normal - some men can require 200+ mg/week to achieve this.

Thread Information