BobShocker is offline Junior Member

Red Blood Cell Count Question

I'm in the process of working with a reputable anti-aging clinic. I just had my blood work done and it turns out that my red blood cell count is too high to be prescribed therapy. I was told that if i gave blood and retook the blood work that it should be fine. Also i was told that this was a usual problem for some people while on cycle - and that it is not unusual for people to give blood while on cycle to lower their red blood cell count b/c not doing so can increase your risk of blood clots.

This all makes me a bit nervous. I would greatly appreciate any vets weighing in on this one. If i indeed gave blood and got my results acceptable for the clinic (for the short term) would this put me a risk during a test cycle once my red blood cell count went back to normal and then was increased by the test???

thanks in advance
    Last edited by BobShocker; 10-03-2005 at 03:40 PM.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    what was ur count BTW? U remember ur hematocrit? I find it a lil odd that a clinic would recommend u to donate blood so u get under the limit.. This is no long term solution (unless u do it often) but I guess they have to go by the book..

tdf
    tdf is offline Junior Member
    First off, a normal Hematocrit level is 40-54. Are you above this? AAS will increase your hematocrit a couple of points, no more than 5. I am actually running EPO and my hematocrit has been between 57-60 for the last 4 months with no side effects. I would donate a pint and than retake the test for sure. Do a little research on hematocrit levels so that you can become comfortable knowing the limits.

http://www.bloodbook.com/ranges.html

tdf - they were telling me that the normal levels for hematocrit is 34-44 . . . ??? My Hematocrit is well with in the range you have - i think mine was 48. My Hemoglobin is 16.5. They gave me a normal range of 11.5-15???

Thanks for the link.

tdf
    Bob,

That's nonsense!!! @34 you would feel like shit! "anemic"

My normal hct is 48 as well.

It sounds like you need to find another clinic.

tdf
    To figure out your hemoglobin divide your hematocrit by 3 (48) by 3 = 16

Quote Originally Posted by tdf
    Bob,

That's nonsense!!! @34 you would feel like shit! "anemic"

My normal hct is 48 as well.

It sounds like you need to find another clinic.
    yea . . . unfortunatly i already spent the $$ on the blood work with this one.

tdf
    Thats ok, make a copy and take it to a new clinic. Your test is good for 10 days.

tdf
    You could always tell them that you were dehydrated at the time of the test.

bro i was. . . they told me not to eat or drink for 12 hours before the tests . . . i took'em super early in the AM and it f-ing sucked! I was hungry and thirsty as hell . . .

tdf
    Those mother f******'s!!! I guess if I where in your shoes, I would just bite the bullet and start over. Big deal you lose a few bucks, at least you won't have to put up with incompedent people.

Let me know how it turns out.

qw1ck2 is offline Junior Member
    i didnt think you were suppose to give blood if you are on a cycle that invovles injecting it into yourself.

tdf
    injecting what?

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    you rinning epo iv or im?
    what brand
    how many i.u.s and doesed how frequently?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    i had my blood level check once and it was at a dangerous level so i had to go into hospital to have a pint of blood out, afterwards they put me on asprin and my blood levels were fine,,,must admit felt like rubbish after they took the blood out,,,,

tdf
    Meal ticket,

I'm running SQ. The brand PROCRIT. To raise my hct I ran 3000 iu's 3 x a week until hct hit 57. Now running 3000 iu's 1 x a week. Most important is I checked my hct twice a day AM & PM. I learned that my hematocrit is lower in the PM than in the AM, about a 4 point fluctuation. Awesome drug for endurance!!!!!!

Marcus,

How high was your count??????

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BobShocker
    I'm in the process of working with a reputable anti-aging clinic.
    Reputable, huh? Are they 'online'? Do they provide prescriptions that you can get filled at a pharmacy of your choosing? I'm only asking so that I can understand if this clinic cares about your health or their profits more.

Even legitimate TRT elevates hemoglobin and hematocrit. I'm on legitimate TRT (serum testosterone is maintained within the normal range) and I give blood every few months in order to keep my hemoglobin under 18, which I consider to be the ceiling.

My hemoglobin was 15.8 prior to starting TRT.

If you had your cholesterol or fasting glucose checked, then yes, you were supposed to fast, but you definitely should drink lots of water. That is just wrong that they told you not to drink water. Not sure if they made a stupid mistake or if they have some theory that dehydrating yourself will lower your testosterone.

What type of regimen does this clinic prescribe? Do they prescribe long-term TRT or do they prescribe 'cycles'?

Do you have symptoms of hypogonadism? What was your free testosterone tested at?

Quote Originally Posted by mranak
    Reputable, huh? Are they 'online'? Do they provide prescriptions that you can get filled at a pharmacy of your choosing? I'm only asking so that I can understand if this clinic cares about your health or their profits more.

Even legitimate TRT elevates hemoglobin and hematocrit. I'm on legitimate TRT (serum testosterone is maintained within the normal range) and I give blood every few months in order to keep my hemoglobin under 18, which I consider to be the ceiling.

My hemoglobin was 15.8 prior to starting TRT.

If you had your cholesterol or fasting glucose checked, then yes, you were supposed to fast, but you definitely should drink lots of water. That is just wrong that they told you not to drink water. Not sure if they made a stupid mistake or if they have some theory that dehydrating yourself will lower your testosterone.

What type of regimen does this clinic prescribe? Do they prescribe long-term TRT or do they prescribe 'cycles'?

Do you have symptoms of hypogonadism? What was your free testosterone tested at?

They are a reputible clinic . . . at least according to the bros around here. My test was left out of the blood work - a mistake on the part of the lab not the anti-aging clinic. So i can go back and get it tested - cuz i already paid for it . . . but i will have to pay to have my hemoglobin and hematocrit tested again if i want to work with them . . . so i guess ill be giving blood soon . . . just waiting till friday so it will not jack with my workouts.

not sure what types of TRT ill be prescribed due to the errors with my blood work.

but it sounds like my hematocrit and hemoglobin are fine . . . perhaps the anti-aging clinic is just being overly cautious . . . ???

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdf
    Meal ticket,

I'm running SQ. The brand PROCRIT. To raise my hct I ran 3000 iu's 3 x a week until hct hit 57. Now running 3000 iu's 1 x a week. Most important is I checked my hct twice a day AM & PM. I learned that my hematocrit is lower in the PM than in the AM, about a 4 point fluctuation. Awesome drug for endurance!!!!!!

Marcus,

How high was your count??????

I'm prob the only one that picks up on what your name is. I am a racer. you have a centrifuge i assume? You division two or three?

tdf
    Mealticket,

D2..............If one was to be picked up from here, than It would be done for you. As you well know epo is like taking aspirin. The pro tour guys have the real goods.

Yes, I have a centrifuge. It's a must for every rider.

tdf

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    guys, isnt giving blood while on cycle a no-no? What if a pregnate woman gets it???

Correct me if i'm wrong...

tdf
    Who's giving blood? The only reason to give blood is if your hematocrit gets too high.

Quote Originally Posted by BobShocker
    They are a reputible clinic . . . at least according to the bros around here.
    LOL. Around here, most guys are worried about how to get gear, not legitimate TRT.

What are you interested in? Legitimate TRT or and AAS cycle?

Peruse is offline New Member
    TDF, i just got my bloodwork done for my coach and my hct was 41.7...i really want to start on EPO but have no way of getting it because of my age. For some reason i still can't pm so you can email me at [email protected] if you would like.

I'm just trying to figure out a few details like how i could obtain EPO...what cycles to move tme about 10 points higher, and how to maintain that level for two-3month seasons of competition. I'm also still feeling the effects of Mono I had within the last year and need to stop feeling so weak and tired and feel like EPO is perfect. Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruse
    I'm just trying to figure out a few details like how i could obtain EPO
    That is essentially asking for a source.

No, that's not what i'm asking for...there are tactics on how to obtain it legally like anti-aging clinics and such and would like to know any approaches to getting EPO.

Bump...

So should i call clinics around town? What would such clinics be listed under in the yellow pages? How would you start a phone conversation trying to get a persricption?

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruse
    No, that's not what i'm asking for...there are tactics on how to obtain it legally like anti-aging clinics and such and would like to know any approaches to getting EPO.

You are going to get scammed! You should disregard any emails you get regarding this matter from anyone! As far as legally obtaining EPO good luck, but don't trust anyone who emails you.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I like having extra red blood cells

Thread Information