Thread: Smoking??

ricky470 is offline New Member

Question Smoking??

hey guys,

i know smoking is bad for you in general BUT if you have an occassional cigarette every other day or so while your on a cycle, does it counteract with the steroid or increase the side effects of the roid?

any feedback would be appreciated.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    not to my knowledge, atleast any of the notable sides.. Maybe longterm wise - increased oxidative stress can make many things worse that can accompany long term steroid use ...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why bother? Do it everyday or not at all.

I don't get the EOD cigarette thing. Sounds like dosing them like gear.

"Take 1 Marlboro EOD"

~SC~

but dont smoke myself so not sure..

lol, i know what you mean bro but to explain the eod smoking thing.
    i used to smoke a lot before. cigarettes are bad in general so i've cut down majorly where i only smoke once a day or eod. eventually i wont smoke at all but for the time being i was curious if the smoking will counteract with my cycle.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    nah - your fine. tobacco doesnt do anything to mess with the gear from what ive ever heard or read. smoke away

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    Quit smoking. Your appetite will increase and you'll be able to pack away more protein.

All ex-smokers complain about how much weight they gained when they quit. Make it work for you.

BigLittleTim

u cant necessarily make that conclusion..

Dark Dragon is offline New Member
    cuts down on your vascularity, only for a few hours though.

BOBBY D is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim
    Quit smoking. Your appetite will increase and you'll be able to pack away more protein.

All ex-smokers complain about how much weight they gained when they quit. Make it work for you.

BigLittleTim
    THATS BS. cause im a smoker. i quit but recelently i do have a cigarette at night. ur appetite increases but i didn't gain like ppl think u do, thats all depending on the person & thier metabolism. the only thing i could say about smoking is that it does constricts oxygen in the blood which affects ur gains as for building muscle by decreasing the blood flow. when i stopped smoking i noticed that my workouts improve, i finish my sets w/o getting short breaths at the end, & u can focus better on ur workouts by breathing better & not giving up so fast cause u r gasping for air, also u can do additional reps w/ ease. cardio is alot more improved since i stopped. cutting down is alot better than smoking regularly, & thats the best way to ween off. its a hard habit to break, good luck.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MuckDog
    nah - your fine. tobacco doesnt do anything to mess with the gear from what ive ever heard or read. smoke away
    Not to single you out bro but there are alot of bad advise posts about smoking in here.

First, nicotine is an appetite suppressant. Not something you want on cycle. Further it hampers the ability for oxygen delivery throughout the body. The facts of bad things tobacco will do while on cycle or off are endless. What you have to do is quit altogether or join the ranks of weak or foolish people who think it won't be them that gets lung cancer, heart disease, etc.

Nicotine is as addictive as heroine so those that do not quit or can't will always find excuses for you to keep smoking....the same way a junky justifies their next fix. Do not listen to them.

If you decide you want what is truely best for your health, then make the committment to quit and give it the same dedication you do your training. As a former tobacco addict, believe me when I say you will never look back and feel better than you ever have once you kick the habit. And kicking the habit means never smoking...not even once in awhile. Good luck!

Lunacy is offline Member
    First, nicotine is an appetite suppressant. Not something you want on cycle. Further it hampers the ability for oxygen delivery throughout the body. The facts of bad things tobacco will do while on cycle or off are endless. What you have to do is quit altogether or join the ranks of weak or foolish people who think it won't be them that gets lung cancer, heart disease, etc.

Nicotine is as addictive as heroine so those that do not quit or can't will always find excuses for you to keep smoking....the same way a junky justifies their next fix. Do not listen to them.

If you decide you want what is truely best for your health, then make the committment to quit and give it the same dedication you do your training. As a former tobacco addict, believe me when I say you will never look back and feel better than you ever have once you kick the habit. And kicking the habit means never smoking...not even once in awhile. Good luck![/QUOTE]

A-men brotha!!

wink182 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Why bother? Do it everyday or not at all.

I don't get the EOD cigarette thing. Sounds like dosing them like gear.

"Take 1 Marlboro EOD"

~SC~
    Thats what I'm sayin!! two words..........Markus Ruhl!!! Guy smokes like 2 packs aday. Don't seem to effect his juice.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Smoker here quit for 2 years and then went back(stupid me but oh well) was on gear while smoking and while not(takes a pull on a marlboro light) noticed no difference in workouts at all. gained no weight when i quit either!

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedbear981
    Smoker here quit for 2 years and then went back(stupid me but oh well) was on gear while smoking and while not(takes a pull on a marlboro light) noticed no difference in workouts at all. gained no weight when i quit either!

lucky bastard. thats why i havent quit yet....dont wanna gain back the 10 lbs ive worked to lose

Texsun is offline Junior Member
    Nicotine is an appetite suppressant for me. I used to chew tobacco prior to revising my lifestyle of lifting and eating right. At that time i was only 124 lbs. 5'10". I always had a dip in my mouth, hence I wasn't eating. After i quit and starting lifting weights, my appetite increased and i gained alot of weight fairly quickly. Every time i got the craving for tobacco, I'd just eat something and that would satisfy.

thunderin is offline Member
    Yeah I know smoking can kill you and decrease performance...all that.

I have personally seen a "friend" of mine who is let's say "not quite right" deadlifting 675 for reps with a lit cigarette in his mouth and MP3 player in place.

doomeh is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderin
    Yeah I know smoking can kill you and decrease performance...all that.

I have personally seen a "friend" of mine who is let's say "not quite right" deadlifting 675 for reps with a lit cigarette in his mouth and MP3 player in place.
    a cig while working out, dont think so

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    acutally if you smoke on cycle! the constriction of the veins will block the receptors and increase estrogen by tenfold! you will GROW a vagina! NO seriously though! why smoke! you roid to be strong and healthy! why ruin it with ciggerattes and nicotine! no it doesnt help your cycle and just makes your heart work harder! and ****s up your lungs among with other nasty things but you go ahead and smoke but i wouldnt reccomend it! not even 1 EOD

thunderin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doomeh
    a cig while working out, dont think so
    Please get more than 2 posts under your belt before calling me out.

Toolman, i'm gonna try and listen to your advice bro - no more smoking while i'm on the cycle. if i can pull that off - even try and kick the habbit all together.

thanks for your feedback guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky470
    Toolman, i'm gonna try and listen to your advice bro - no more smoking while i'm on the cycle. if i can pull that off - even try and kick the habbit all together.

thanks for your feedback guys.
    Kick ass bro! Also, run a search for Quit smoking forum. There are many out there. It helps to do it with others...misery loves company. It really helped me on those times at the bar, where I thought just one, while I am here...not to fall back into the trap. Cigarettes killed my dad out of the many hundreds of thousands annually worldwide so if I helped one guy quit, you'll make my day!

Good luck!

paintball4ever85 is offline Junior Member
    aright now just curious, you guys said that smoking tobacco doesn't hinder gains, but what about THC, ya know marijuana. I don't do either, this topic has just gotten me curious thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by toolman

quitting smoking is good but thats a hell of an overstatement. Quitting H is a lot more difficult than quitting smokng. U cant compare the two, just because according to some statistics it looks like as hard u cant make that conclusion. If smoking would cost u 100 bucks a day out of money u dont have n u still would find a way to get it then maybe.. =) Im dotfu..ing here ............................

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    quitting smoking is good but thats a hell of an overstatement. Quitting H is a lot more difficult than quitting smokng. U cant compare the two, just because according to some statistics it looks like as hard u cant make that conclusion. If smoking would cost u 100 bucks a day out of money u dont have n u still would find a way to get it then maybe.. =) Im dotfu..ing here ............................
    You are obviously not speaking from experience....or any real knowledge of the issue.

I suggest you read about the issue. The Surgeon General of the US, among many others, have stated it is more addictive than heroine or cocaine.Nicotine is as strong and powerful as heroine. It just does not give you the high heroine does but the body craves it just as strngly.Heroine will do more damage, more quickly, but they are just as addictive. Read up on nicotine and you will see. As for smokers jonesing to get their next fix...if you outlawed it like heroin, you would absolutely see heroine like behavior in aquiring the fix for those heavy smokers. Similarly if you legalized heroine, the criminal activity would decline as the price would.

Just searh nicotine addiction and you will find a ton of info like this.

http://www.burnhambucks.co.uk/nicotine_addiction.htm
    http://www.wmdt.com/health/previous-health.asp?id=27
    http://www.4optimallife.com/Smoking-Addiction.html
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~aidanbar.../addiction.htm
    Last edited by toolman; 10-08-2005 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    First you can read on page 1242 the scientific reasons behind the statement I made on the attached pdf file. An excellent medical paper on smoking cessation. http://www.rcjournal.com/contents/12.03/12.03.1238.pdf

In a ddition there are more simple articles such as found below.

Nicotine more addictive than Cocaine or Heroine-
    Nicotine has effects on brain dopamine reward systems similar to those of drugs such as cocaine, heroin and amphetamines. In a ranking of the addictiveness of psychoactive drugs, nicotine was found to be more addictive than heroin, cocaine, alcohol, caffeine, and marijuana. In a report published in March 1998 in the UK, HM Governments Scientific Committee on Tobacco and Health said: “Over the past decade there has been increasing recognition that underlying smoking behaviour and its remarkable intractability to change is addiction to the drug, nicotine. Nicotine has been shown to have effects on brain dopamine systems similar to those of drugs such as heroin and cocaine.
    This report confirms the findings of the landmark review by the US Surgeon General in 1988 on nicotine which also concluded that cigarettes and other forms of tobacco were addictive and that nicotine is the drug in tobacco that causes addiction.
    Recently published results from the first study to compare the subjective effects of cocaine and nicotine found that hard drug users frequently thought they were taking cocaine or heroin when they were actually taking nicotine. 9 Participants found that nicotine had a comparable drug impact to cocaine - and the high dose of nicotine had greater drug effect than the high dose of cocaine. The 'rush' and 'high' were found to be greater from nicotine than from cocaine, as indeed were the levels of 'good sensation', however, nicotine produced significantly more negative effects such as jitters than did cocaine.
    Last edited by toolman; 10-08-2005 at 03:12 PM.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    the hell wit cigarettes.... what the hell you smoke them for anyway.... ur definatly not addicted to them if you smoking them every other day, so.... i guess ur trying to look cool or somethin..... bro just stop that shit now.... it's one ciggarette now but it will be a pack a day real soon.... and you can quote me on that one..... f u c king garabage and a waste of ur money and life......

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    I prefer a Cig after a intense workout to go along with my protein shake. Now that there is one hell of a combo!

lollipops is offline Associate Member
    Never heard of smoking counteracts gear

some1 plz answer my question above. Bump

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by wink182
    Thats what I'm sayin!! two words..........Markus Ruhl!!! Guy smokes like 2 packs aday. Don't seem to effect his juice.
    hahaha!!!!!!! huhhuhhuh haha!!! Download markus rhull made in germany if you can. the man looks like he is about to die after every set. He gets winded just by having a conversation. He is in such bad health that to me in some exercises it looks like he has to hold back so he doesnt have a heart attack.

wink182 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paintball4ever85
    some1 plz answer my question above. Bump
    I am assuming the question you want answered is about thc. Ok, Ill do it even though its almost as played out as tribal tattoos. Yes THC will hurt your progress, affect your hormones yadda, yadda yadda. Smoking pot pre puberty can cause gyno. While smoking pot you raise estrogen levels, in turn costing yourself strength, and increasing fat. It just does not equate. Pick one, musclehead or burnout.

K thanks, i really was just curious, and i couldn't smoke pot even if i wanted too. (Job drug tests randomly, haven't done one on me since i started but they say the will). Which brings up another q? Do they check for aas in those Tests?
    Last edited by paintball4ever85; 10-09-2005 at 01:09 PM. Reason: add

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    A big guy in my gym is always chomping on that "Nicorette" gum during his workout. I don't think he's an ex-smoker, I think he just uses it for the nicotine high.

The government will make ephedrine illegal, but...

baldygfy is offline New Member
    I smoke and know what a dumb bastard I am for doing it. There is no doubt that it inhibits perfomance in the gym . The lungs don't work at capacity when they're getting hit with all that tar and s*!t. Smoking also elevates blood pressure for a time after each smoke.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by wink182
    I am assuming the question you want answered is about thc. Ok, Ill do it even though its almost as played out as tribal tattoos. Yes THC will hurt your progress, affect your hormones yadda, yadda yadda. Smoking pot pre puberty can cause gyno. While smoking pot you raise estrogen levels, in turn costing yourself strength, and increasing fat. It just does not equate. Pick one, musclehead or burnout.
    I dont smoke anymore for several reasons. but do you have anything to back up that thc raises estrogen. People at marijuana forums that are knowledgable like roid users here claim that mj does not increase estrogen

Thread Information