lollipops is offline Associate Member

hit a vein tonight

I tried a quad injection for the first time in awhile. I guess I was rusty because I hit a vein tonight. I asperated and drew blood, so the shot was wasted. I am just happy blood did not shoot out all over the place like it did the time I hit a vien two years ago.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Why was the shot wasted ?

RoidGut is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    Why was the shot wasted ?
    probably thought the blood would ruin the shot

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I drew blood once in the glute, I just repositioned and shot again... it is your blood. If you were that worried why not push out the blood and change needles... 10cent needle would have been worth it, right?

RoidGut is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I drew blood once in the glute,
    Wow...how did that happen? The chances of hitting a vein in your glute is very remote. What part of the glute were you injecting at the time?

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    i asperated and drew air, then after the shot there was blood in the top of the needle. shot in the upper/outer thigh. but im ok, cause that was yesterday.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoidGut
    Wow...how did that happen? The chances of hitting a vein in your glute is very remote. What part of the glute were you injecting at the time?
    Upper outer quadrant, the site one is suppose to use. I was using a 1" needle that is why in my posts you see I back 1.5" for glute. No challenges since bumping length.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devil1
    i asperated and drew air, then after the shot there was blood in the top of the needle. shot in the upper/outer thigh. but im ok, cause that was yesterday.
    You went THROUGH a vein. Happens every so often. No big deal.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    The blood shots are the best, kinda like finding a grey peanut M&M, it's exciting!

Bulldog743 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoidGut
    **I have been having the same problem, using the glute Posterior lateral site, out of my last 5 shots i hit blood 3 times, now, i just push the blood back out and get another 1.5in. pin and do it again.... But i wonder what the heck i am doing wrong..... Any suggestions, like the glute shot, dont want any other location.... Any advice??

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog743
    **I have been having the same problem, using the glute Posterior lateral site, out of my last 5 shots i hit blood 3 times, now, i just push the blood back out and get another 1.5in. pin and do it again.... But i wonder what the heck i am doing wrong..... Any suggestions, like the glute shot, dont want any other location.... Any advice??
    Sounds like you aren't hitting the best spot. I usually just hit the upper-outer quadrant of the glutes and the vast majority of the time, I have no problems. One of these days I'm gonna do the ventrogluteal site.

Maybe you can pull a picture off of spotinjections.com or something and mark where you are hitting.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    that is strange.. the chances of it actually hitting and staying in the vein .... WOW

Quote Originally Posted by mranak
    Sounds like you aren't hitting the best spot. I usually just hit the upper-outer quadrant of the glutes and the vast majority of the time, I have no problems. One of these days I'm gonna do the ventrogluteal site.

Maybe you can pull a picture off of spotinjections.com or something and mark where you are hitting.

I have injected my quads a lot but this time was the first of this cycle. I guess I just picked a bad spot. I will take some time off of injecting my quads for now

I love the quads (more specifically, the vastus lateralis muscle) because there are so many different spots on the muscle to hit and it is so easy to get to.

ward065 is offline Member
    you can avoid injecting into a vain in quads 99.9% of the time if you follow these procedures

a) inject only in the MIDDLE THIRD of your quad AND on the SIDE of it

b) inspect the area before you inject- visually- to make sure you do not go through any veins (only works if your bf is relatively low)

Quote Originally Posted by mranak

If you go on that site--you see the box-- on the glute area, i am at the very top right of that box, its weird because i hit blood, then move 1/8in. to right or left and i am fine... i see a vein to the top right of where i shoot, and i know i miss it... Its just very odd, that i hit and always the next time i am fine....Thanks Mr....

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    This is the safest area to inject in the glute..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hit a vein tonight-safe.gif  

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    do you think quads or glutes are safer?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog743
    that just aint right..

in the glute?? teh quad yes, all the time.. but not the glute..

but everyone is different..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    This is the safest area to inject in the glute..........
    Thanks....... I am at the top of the butt crack, then go to the left and i am actually on the vertical line, seems i might be to far inside , maybe i should move to the outer part of the quadrant..... Is it OK, to switch from right side to the left side of the glutes???..... See it pisses me off that my therapy people dont answer my calls, nor give me the info i ask them for, they took a month to get my blood results back to me!

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Put your thumb on your hipbone, and extend your index finger back. This is the area you shoot in. If you are on the line that is not a good thing. Who taught you where to shoot anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Put your thumb on your hipbone, and extend your index finger back. This is the area you shoot in. If you are on the line that is not a good thing. Who taught you where to shoot anyhow?
    From what i seen---If you go to the "top" of the butt crack---Then go "across" to the "middle" of the "hamstring" that is the spot....? Looking on the net, i asked my therapy clinic, to give me the medical details and they sent me, instructions, and no "location"... So i looked up "gluteal posterior lateral"....... Printed it out and gave it to the wife and said inject here.... I am very "veiney" I have huge veins and they show right threw the skin, growing up, even as a teen, people seen my veins in my chest and said whats wrong with you, i have a ton of veins showing everywhere.... maybe thats the problem? I dont know... But i do thank everyone for their input...

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    i just shot bout 30 min. ago. I went with the delts. i like them even though the other arm hurt for lik 4 days! well this time i went through a vein or nerve cus it tingled and hurt. I quickley pulled out and stuck again in a spot a little lower off to the right. felt like i was stabbin myself! it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    you can avoid injecting into a vain in quads 99.9% of the time if you follow these procedures

a) inject only in the MIDDLE THIRD of your quad AND on the SIDE of it

b) inspect the area before you inject- visually- to make sure you do not go through any veins (only works if your bf is relatively low)

Thats where I hit, the middle part of my quad. I guess I was unlucky on that one. I will be taking some time off of my quads

Quote Originally Posted by legobricks
    i just shot bout 30 min. ago. I went with the delts. i like them even though the other arm hurt for lik 4 days! well this time i went through a vein or nerve cus it tingled and hurt. I quickley pulled out and stuck again in a spot a little lower off to the right. felt like i was stabbin myself! it was great.
    After I went through the vein, blood did not shoot out everywhere which was good. It just burned, bleed, and my leg felt warmer for a short period. I can wanted to spot inject to give my delts and glutes a break

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    That hasnt happened to me, but I have had a glass amp blow apart in my hands a couple of times. Yeah, glass cuts in the fingers take 30min to stop bleeding. I was thinking about going to the hospital. Blood was everywhere.

takedownII is offline Member
    why would a glass amp break in your hand?

Thread Information