SexyKitty is offline Female Vet

T3 Question. Oh no I have the flu!!!

Well it's official, Dally had the flu and now I have it. Just came on real suddenly but I am definitely sick. Writing this post alone is sucking all the energy out of me.

I have a fever of 101.8. Question is, should I take me second T3 dose this afternoon or wait until I get better. I took my pills this morning because I felt fine but I'm not sure I should take my evening dose seeing as I have such a high temp already. And I know it's definitely the flu, not symptoms of the T3. This is my third cycle of it so I know what it feels like.

My instinct is NO I should not take it until my temp drops but I'm looking for anyone else's input.

Thanks,
    SK

johnpaul is offline New Member
    No Dont take them. The flu can be very very serious and has a massive impact on the body. We wnat to improve our bodys here so in the end its better to wait till your recovering a few days off t3 wont mess up your cycle or effect your thyroid taking them could raise your temp and weaken you further

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    No, no, no, don't take it. You body have to recover first.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    i would imagine that your normal dose of t3 will not take your temp higher than what it is now, since your temp does not get that high when you are taking your normal doses and dont have the flu...in other words, how can your normal dose take it PAST the extremely high temp you have now??
    another thing is that im sure you are not eating right currently, as nobody wants to really even look at food when they have the flu..SO, perhaps taking that other dose of t3 will put you into an even more catabolic state, sacrificing more muscle tissue for energy in your cells..
    just two things to consider...i dont think that i would take that 2nd dose..

hunkiemunkie is offline Junior Member
    I am in the exact same situation myself. I don't think I'm going ot be taking it while I'm sick. Since T3 basically eats up calories/energy, and the flu does too, it can't be a good combo. I suggest you don't take it either.

[QUOTE=tonytone]i would imagine that your normal dose of t3 will not take your temp higher than what it is now, since your temp does not get that high when you are taking your normal doses and dont have the flu...in other words, how can your normal dose take it PAST the extremely high temp you have now??
    [QUOTE]

Well, I'm going on the assumption that T3 raises your body temperature no matter what. So no, my dose does not raise my temp to this level normally however I look at it as now I'm just starting at a higher base line so it could possibley go higher. This is just my own logic and a pure guess that that is what would happen.

And no, I'm not eating properly today or training today obviously. And I'm missing a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner tonight that I've been looking forward to all week

Iether way, I've decided not to take the dose until my fever breaks. Might just skip tonight and resume tomorrow if I am feeling better. I'm hoping this is going to be a quick one.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    Thanksgiving Dinner

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone
    I'm Canadian, it's our Thanksgiving weekend here.

AH...learn something new every day

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone
    AH...learn something new every day
    Yup, because we're north of you guys our harvest comes earlier so we celebrate earlier. Sucks though because we dont get a holiday in November making it feel like a really loooooooong month.

And today was suppose to be my cheat day! Oh gawd I miss that turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie already!

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    [I]
    Firstly, your though your commitment is commendable, don't take it! Temp issue aside, T3 consumes both calories and energy from your body and system respectively. These are two things you need to conserve while your body's immune system fights the interloping problem (bacterial or viral). You'll have enough trouble forcing yourself to eat during this time, and expending energy for digestion, locomotion, etc. without having to support the necessary bodily demands imposed by T3.
    SO DEFINITELY NO!

M.

Ok so the problem has become worse. My teperature soared to 103.8 degrees today and I finally went to the doctor. I dont have the flu, I iether have strep throat or mono!!!! I really hope its the former so that I can take antibiotics for it.

Iether way, doesnt look like I'll be able to go back on the T3, Var or the clen for a while. My question is what should I do once I go back on? If I have strep throat I have to go on antibiotics for 10 days, should I stay off everything while I'm on antibiotics even when my fever goes away? Also, should I go right into my dose that I left off at or start to taper up again.? This has never happend to me before midway through a cycle so I'm not sure how to handle it. If I have mono (and I really hope I dont!) I could be out for 2-4 weeks. In that case then I think I'll have to start over with my cycle once I get better. Persoally I think it's strep throat.

What do you guys think?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I would stay off everything. There may be a possible reaction between the medication and something you're taking (possible).

I would suggest tapering back up in order to see how your body reacts temp.-wise... if it were me, I'd give it a couple weeks off at least - let your body recover...

Just my opinion of course.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    really???

(this is where i was going to say something funny)

Good for you, hope you feel better..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thread Information