powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

Question Testosterone's effect on cholesterol?

We all know that c17aa AASs ruin cholesterol by suppressing the liver's ability to make HDL and also raising LDL. I have read conflicting information on how testosterone impacts cholesterol.

Most of my reading say it raises HDL and lowers LDL, which is quite good. Other sources say it does the opposite, but to a less negative than a c17aa. Does exogenous test have a different effect than endogenous test production, since endogenous test production starts with the cholesterol molecule.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    HRT doses of testosterone are usually good, but when you start increasing the dosage too much, those positive effects are negated.

All of this is made more complicated by the fact that everyone is different. I personally had total cholesterol over 300 as a teenager, despite a resonably good diet.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    We all know that c17aa AASs ruin cholesterol by suppressing the liver's ability to make HDL and also raising LDL. I have read conflicting information on how testosterone impacts cholesterol.

Most of my reading say it raises HDL and lowers LDL, which is quite good. Other sources say it does the opposite, but to a less negative than a c17aa. Does exogenous test have a different effect than endogenous test production, since endogenous test production starts with the cholesterol molecule.
    I know about the 17aa orals being bad on your cholesterol index. I love tbol and want to take it again but I have high cholestrol on my Dad's side. My Dad takes statins. I had my blood checked this spring and it was a little higher than average but not bad.

I have a friend the same age (mid 30's) with really high readings. But he drinks a lot, has a bad diet and doesn't work out anymore. He also creates a lot of undo work stress that is not needed, he worries a lot.

I may not take orals again due to choelsterol issues. It's too bad cause they're great jump starters to test e and all long esters.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    http://www.fatchance.ca/cholestrol_the_killer.htm

Here's a great article on cholestrol.

Cholestrol the Killer

Have you ever been about to take a big bite of your triple chocolate fudge cake when someone leaned over and said "you better watch your cholesterol"? That's happening to all of us more frequently because medical research has shown that high levels of cholesterol are associated with heart disease, the nation's number one killer. Statistics say that more than half of all Americans have cholesterol levels that exceed the recommended total and one in five Americans has cholesterol levels that are considered high.

What we don't often hear is the important fact that some cholesterol is vital to human life. In this article, we will take a look at cholesterol, both why it is needed for normal human--and animal--functions and why at high levels and in many individuals, it can be deadly. We'll also describe what contributes to and the treatments for high cholesterol levels so that you can take steps to limit your health risks. But first, let's answer an important question: "What is cholesterol?"

What is Cholesterol?
    Cholesterol is a waxy, fat-like compound that belongs to a class of molecules called steroids . It's found in many foods, in your bloodstream and in all your body's cells. If you had a handful of cholesterol, it might feel like a soft, melted candle. Cholesterol is essential for:

Formation and maintenance of cell membranes (helps the cell to resist changes in temperature and protects and insulates nerve fibers)
    Formation of sex hormones (progesterone, testosterone , estradiol, cortisol)
    Production of bile salts, which help to digest food
    Conversion into vitamin D in the skin when exposed to sunlight......................

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Testosterone isnt too harsh on blood lipids for one reason AROMATASE Estrogen plays a very big role in cholesterol levels

and since the added test you put in your body is being converted to excess estrogen it tends to help out your lipid profile

Non aromatising and 17aa steroids are really harsh on lipids for this reason

But look at DBOL it has a high level of aromatasation to estro so it isnt to harsh on lipids

My dad has high cholesterol and any orals I take raise mine considerably. I was just wondering how detrimental test is...

Do any of you guys take lipitor on cycle? I think lipitor is liver toxic tho

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Testosterone isnt too harsh on blood lipids for one reason AROMATASE Estrogen plays a very big role in cholesterol levels

and since the added test you put in your body is being converted to excess estrogen it tends to help out your lipid profile

Non aromatising and 17aa steroids are really harsh on lipids for this reason

But look at DBOL it has a high level of aromatasation to estro so it isnt to harsh on lipids
    What if one if taking proviron and nolvadex to keep estrogen down? I guess the nova wont hurt since it doesnt block estrogen in the liver...

Thread Information