seadam is offline Junior Member

New at this: Help

I read the guidelines so I'll do my best to not break any of them. I'll have to make this post very broad. Ok, I have heard that people who order from Internet sites are usually ripped off. Is this true? What happens exactly? They just take someone's money and never send a product? If the product arrives, does that mean that law enforcement will be waiting as well or its hard for them to know about it? Let's say "x" orders 4 bottles of "Z". This is not a large order. Could it come easily by mail? I think "x" would be more worried about law enforcement and not losing money. Lastly, some of these online places take credit cards. Does that make them any more legit? Thanks and please reply. Seadam

thndrgod33 is offline Associate Member
    there are alot of scammers online, you send them your money, then wait and wait, and more waiting, finally you realize you were ripped off cause your gear never comes, there are good online sources, just check with a couple mods or vets on how good they are. as for the police, try not to use any mail carrier that you have to sign for the package. if you are in a situation where they do a controlled pickup(which i have never been in) i heard its best to keep your mouth shut and don't accept the package and deny and knowledge of it

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    People are going to tell you they are all scammers but thats not true. They just over charge you.

Yes, ok, but what about using a credit card. Isn't that damning evidence should "X" try and deny knowledge?

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by seadam
    Yes, ok, but what about using a credit card. Isn't that damning evidence should "X" try and deny knowledge?
    Yes, and Ive done that before too.(used credit card)

thndrgod33 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seadam
    i have never used a credit card, some people swear by it. i think its just one more thing to have tracked and get caught, i always send my money western union, its more expensive but safer imo

stevenb is offline Junior Member
    I Have Used A Credit Card And Recieved My Gear Also. Knowing What I Know Now I Would Never Do It Again. For An Extra $50 I Just Use Western Union.

StevenB about seadam

"Knowing What I Know Now I Would Never Do It Again"...what do you mean by this?

well i know how easy it is to get domestic gear now. i can send money western union 3-5 days later i have the gear... Most credit card sites are overseas and it takes weeks even months and then u have customs. If it is domestic and there using credit card for payments someone will get busted.
    talk to some mods and do some more research. Stay away from the credit card..

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    In one of my court cases western union records were pulled so dunno bout their safety either.

ccriderss is offline New Member
    i use online sites all the time with a credit card... i know they are legit becuase i always get my gear and check it on the British Dragon website... i have never had any problems... but when i give them my number.. i am redirected to a secure site and i am billed as "xyz sales" or something pretty discrete like that... the websites should tell you what name will come up on your billing statement..... there are just certain factors to look for when deciding if a site is legit or not... you will just learn as you go through the process... i like websites... people are shady and i think that going through a local source can be just as shady... you give them cash... they can rip you off... atleast when using a credit card (if the site is verified) you can get your money back through visa or mastercard...

if you can find it on the internet so can the cops. Usually other sources like the ones i use are from vets who met at competitions and have been in the business for years. If you found it on the net others can too.. the government can track anything dont matter how secure.. your taking a chance either way . and about the wu thing. a good source destroys all evidence... Yes i have used a credit card and recieved my goods and it was legit but once again think about it.

what are you going to tell the credit card company that you were purchasing..

If "X" makes a small purchase from an online site and "x" uses his credit card, I hardly think that the police are going to bother with such a small order. If its only 1 item that "x" is purchasing then I don't think that the cops are going to go all out to try and make a bust. It doesn't make sense. Your thoughts?

Thread Information