oldman is offline Anabolic Member

Blood color change on cycle??

I took a Sust shot yesterday and when I pulled the needle out I bunch of blood came out too. I aspirated so I am sure I did not got into a vein but my question is this: The blood was very very dark, almost black looking is this normal?? I thought my blood has always been bright red but this was odd. Am I not getting enough oxygen or does the AAS do something to cause this.

Thanks and sorry if this is a dumb question

Oldman

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Your fine. Its just blood straight from the vein. First time I saw that I was freaked too.

oh okay so did I pass through the vein or maybe nicked it coming back out?

Thank you for the reply

Oldman

RA
    Probably passed right through it.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Never heard of this before, myself (the dark blood).

Oldman: It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a CBC blood test done (very cheap and probably the most common blood test available) if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by mranak
    Never heard of this before, myself (the dark blood).

Oldman: It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a CBC blood test done (very cheap and probably the most common blood test available) if you haven't already.

I had blood work done right before my cycle and all was good and my cycle (Sust/Deca /HGH) just started on Friday so I doubt it changed much there but I was more wondering if it would make a dramatic change that quick.

Thank you

Oldman

I wouldn't expect it to elevate RBC that quickly. Interesting for sure.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    I would say you caught some capillary blood that was still oxengenated would be my guess.

I stand corrected below. The opposite of what I thought.
    Last edited by shortie; 10-11-2005 at 10:01 AM.

RA
    Found this on ask jeeves:

Dear Petra Johnson
    The blood in your veins is called venous blood.

What colour is venous blood?

When the haemoglobin in your blood combines with oxygen it turns bright red. When it loses oxygen it turns dark red. It may be described as dark crimson which reflects some blue but not enough to make it look blue or purple.

I have taken blood samples from veins many times and have donated blood many times and it always comes out of the vein as a very dark red colour. I have seen many blood agar plates kept in conditions where there is no oxygen--and the plates are dark red. I have taken blood with a vacuum syringe which contains no air at all. I have never seen the blood inside the syringe look blue.

Some people think that blood comes out of the vein and immediately turns red because it comes into contact with oxygen. When you watch blood coming out of your arm into a transparent tube, you realise that it is not contacting oxygen and it is a very dark red. In low light it almost looks black. When I first saw a bag of blood at the Red Cross I didn't recognise it at first because it was so dark red.

So why does the dark red blood look blue when it is in the veins? Veins are white, so the colour of the veins is not the reason.

It's because the light from the sun and light globes, etc is made up of many different colours and these are absorbed at different rates the deeper you go through the skin.

It's like what happens underwater...

I have been scuba diving and the deeper you go the less red you see unless you take a light with you. Everything looks blue, green or black. The water is absorbing the red end of the spectrum so that only blue light remains to be reflected. When you look into a deep swiming pool with a white bottom, it appears blue. Apparently skin does the same thing to the light. The deeper under the skin you go the bluer things look.

Then why does the skin of pale-skinned people turn red when they blush or become flushed? The tiny capillaries which carry the blood are so close to the surface of the skin that none of the red colour is filtered out.

But the blood in the veins which are a little further in under the skin look blue. Although it is really dark red!

Yours sincerely

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    I like it better than my guess. Good find Roid.

Yes, good read.

Wow very interesting read, I am kind of glad I had a problem last night I learned something new.

Cool

Thanks

Oldman

Thread Information