Thread: Nolva VS CLomid

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist

Question Nolva VS CLomid

I believe that it is pretty much agreed around the BB community that as an Anti-E nolva is far superior to clomid. This leaves me wondering about the comparitive abilities of the two to increase endogenous Test levels following a cycle. So basically, pound for pound(or mg for mg) which one most effectively raises natural test levels post cycle?

Bump!

big_C is offline Member
    IMO clomid is best post cycle. At least for me. Do a little research and most of it tells you that clomid brings natural test levels to normal better than most, usually in 2 weeks. During cycle, nolva is better for me. Never tried clomid as an anti-e during cycle though. And like wise never tried Nolva PCT. As we all know, clomid is a weak syn estrogen that binds to estro receptors with no real estrogen effects, but blocks said receptors from the estrogen produced from the aromatizing of test, so it can't bind. A rarely observed but welcome characteristic of Nolvadex is that it has a direct influence on the hypothalamus and thus, by an increased release of gonadotropine, it stimulates the testosterone production in the testes. This does not result in a tremendous but still a measurable increase of the body's own testosterone. This effect, however, is not sufficient to significantly increase the testosterone production reduced by anabolic /androgenic steroids . just a little cut and paste there. Both these anti e's are good, but why do people forget about Proviron ?? If you can stop the aromatizing of test into estro, wouldn't that be best?? Prov and nolva combo could yeild excellent results on a heavy cycle. JMO

Thanks BIgC, I was hoping someone would have direct scientific numbers on how much nolva actuallly increases natural test levels vs that of clomid. I really don't like the way I feel on clomid and if I could get the same results by just using nolva that would be great. If clomid is the clear superior then iI guess I just have to feel shitty.LOL I guess I will have to continue the search.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Let me know how your comparison between clomid and nova goes. They are somewhat interchangable. Neither one can stop the estrogen bloat I get without throwing in proviron . I image the best option would be arimidex but I am not that rich.

Actually this thread is sveral days old, and since I have revised my thinking on PCT, next time I will be trying Pheedno's regime of clomid, nolva, and l-dex. There was a thread or study I read in the last few days that basically put Tamoxifen 's ability to raise Test serum levels in the short term as very weak, esp compared to liquidex or clomid. So I believe I will try the 3 component pct and see how it goes.

Yes Arimidex is expensive but l-dex isn't too bad.IMO

vein-x is offline Associate Member
    You know, there is a similar one of these threads once a month, with similar responses. I figured it really all comes down to "what you grew up with." If someone used Clomid on the 1st cycle and it "worked" for them, they will always reccommend Clomid and they now have no reason to even consider using Nolva on their next cycle. And if people used Nolva and it worked, the same concept applies there as well.

Both are good, just use what's reccommended by a smart user and you should be 100% fine.

(Do a little research into Arimidex though...)

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    why dont you just use both nolva and clomid during PCT? And throw in some l-dex while youre @ it?

Quote Originally Posted by thejuiceisloose
    why dont you just use both nolva and clomid during PCT? And throw in some l-dex while youre @ it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortie
    Actually this thread is sveral days old, and since I have revised my thinking on PCT, next time I will be trying Pheedno's regime of clomid, nolva, and l-dex. There was a thread or study I read in the last few days that basically put Tamoxifen's ability to raise Test serum levels in the short term as very weak, esp compared to liquidex or clomid. So I believe I will try the 3 component pct and see how it goes.
    That's what I am plannin!

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Whoops didnt see that last sentence, my bad

Thread Information