ImTheMan is offline New Member

Steriods and Stunting Growth

Im only 17, about 5'8", 160 lbs, and i still have some growing to do(according to my doctor). I'm pretty new to the whole steriod market but i like to learn a lot about the things i do before i try them(unlike most kids that lift at my school).I have been lifting since freshman year (senior now) and im about to start a cycle of d-bol with a friend i lift with and I was wondering which steriods have the biggest effect on stunting my growth or if there are certain types of steriods that won't affect my growth.

thndrgod33 is offline Associate Member
    IMO your too young for d-bol or any other steroid for that matter, you can gain plenty of muscle with a clean diet and a good work out program

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMan
    Im only 17, about 5'8", 160 lbs, and i still have some growing to do(according to my doctor). I'm pretty new to the whole steriod market but i like to learn a lot about the things i do before i try them(unlike most kids that lift at my school).I have been lifting since freshman year (senior now) and im about to start a cycle of d-bol with a friend i lift with and I was wondering which steriods have the biggest effect on stunting my growth or if there are certain types of steriods that won't affect my growth.
    you're gonna be banned shortly, dont take it personal...but feel free to stick around and read for the future...

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    b4 u get banned heed everyones advice... u are way to young... stay natty and build a solid base to work with...

diezell is offline Senior Member
    you probally arent going to listen to us but if u do do a cycle DO NOT make it dbol . trust me and other people on this board dbol alone will not do shit for you but bloat you with water.

chest6 is offline Banned
    dbol will definitely stunt your growth. The aromatizing process is what fuses growth plates growth, and dbol aromatizes plenty. You are too young...browse the forums as a guest and sign up when you turn 18

peump is offline Senior Member
    i started reading this stuff when i was about 18

i waited to run a cycle until i was 24 and i'm very happy with my decision.

if you are contemplateing a d-bol cycle, then it is obvious that you have not yet learned enough about AAS in order to effectively and safely use them.

you owe it to yourself to know as much as possible about something before you put it in your body.

some of the compounds spoken of here can be VERY harsh.

Last edited by peump; 10-11-2005 at 08:08 PM.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    TOOOOOOOOOOOOO Young damnit!!!!!!!!!!!! You should be at least 23 better yet 25 before using gear, but you are going to do what you want so I hope you enjoy the nice man boobies you have on the way.

Average age that people stop growing, height-wise is 17 and a 1/2, if anyone is interested (based on the last study I read).

But should one so young take on steroids ?

philiioniyodealio is offline Junior Member
    The following is a true life testimonial:

I remember a few guys from High school that got hooked up with some dbol ...got huge for a few months.....then looked like crap. Saw one of them recently...looked even worse. Just thought you might wanna know....
    Last edited by philiioniyodealio; 10-11-2005 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    But should one so young take on steroids?
    I'm not saying that someone so young should do anything....I was making a statement about the average age people stop growing. I mean...thats why people generally say not to take steroids until (insert arbitrary age here)-18 is the age you are legally an "adult" - 21 is the age you can legally drink- 35 is the age you can run for president. So to say not to take steroids until you are "XYZ" age, is kind of arbitrary. The "until you stop growing" argument is not really true after 17 and a 1/2 for most people. Recent psychological evidence presented in support of not allowing capital punishment on minors has suggested that certain parts of your intellectual accumen have not fully developed until the after puberty, and into early adolescence (around 20 or so if I recall). SO perhaps that may be the argument we want to focus on. The height-thing is really kind of silly. Perhaps reasonable psychological maturation may be a better area to focus on, but again that's a bit nebulous....

I think, really, starting steroids is an individual thing...people who want to dictate ages for other people to start, citing the invalid "when you stop growing" thing as their primary argument, are just laughable in light of the facts.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    not to disagree with hook but I was 5'9 at 18 and by 21 I was 6'0. Maybe I am the exception, but what we should be telling this young man is to go to a good doctor, get his growth plates and hormone levels checked, come on here when he is 18 post his diet and workout so we can critique them to help him reach his genetic potential then he can go from there. With diet and proper training he will see results w/o aas that will blow his mind. When I was 17 and on the weight lifting team i swallowed some dbol for a few weeks and counted myself jacked, when it all went away I figured all steroids were bullsh*t. I then got a nutritionist at the age of 20 and went from 6'0 235 28% bodyfat to 175 5% body fat. With a different diet I got to 190 8% with diet alone and this is all before I was 22. I then played around with my diet for a few years to try and gain more mass but nothing was really helping so then I turned to aas and am now 215 9% and holding. I reallly think there should be a process that everyone should go through before they even consider aas. I know for a fact that at 17,18 or even 21 I was not dedicated or educated enough to use aas to their full potential. Just my 2 cents!

paintball4ever85 is offline Junior Member
    Imtheman your gonna do what your gonna do regardless of the advice people give you, my only suggestion is to look into anavar . It is the most mild in terms of harmful affects on ur body and is actually givin to kids that have problems developing or growing, so that is a no to it stuntin ur growth. Just read about the problems roids cause to teenagers and ask urself if its worth it. GL no matter which way you choose and just try and be safe. Just my 2 cents, flame me if i shouldn't of said that guys.
    Last edited by paintball4ever85; 10-11-2005 at 11:30 PM. Reason: fix

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedbear981
    not to disagree with hook but I was 5'9 at 18 and by 21 I was 6'0. Maybe I am the exception, but what we should be telling this young man is to go to a good doctor, get his growth plates and hormone levels checked, come on here when he is 18 post his diet and workout so we can critique them to help him reach his genetic potential then he can go from there. With diet and proper training he will see results w/o aas that will blow his mind. When I was 17 and on the weight lifting team i swallowed some dbol for a few weeks and counted myself jacked, when it all went away I figured all steroids were bullsh*t. I then got a nutritionist at the age of 20 and went from 6'0 235 28% bodyfat to 175 5% body fat. With a different diet I got to 190 8% with diet alone and this is all before I was 22. I then played around with my diet for a few years to try and gain more mass but nothing was really helping so then I turned to aas and am now 215 9% and holding. I reallly think there should be a process that everyone should go through before they even consider aas. I know for a fact that at 17,18 or even 21 I was not dedicated or educated enough to use aas to their full potential. Just my 2 cents!
    nothing to really disagree with him about...he said the "average" age you stop growing is 17 1/2. I reached 6' by 8th grade and grew 2 inches gradually until 10th grade. I was 16 and thats when I stopped growing. I know of people who stopped growing by age 24. Everyone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I'm not saying that someone so young should do anything....I was making a statement about the average age people stop growing. I mean...thats why people generally say not to take steroids until (insert arbitrary age here)-18 is the age you are legally an "adult" - 21 is the age you can legally drink- 35 is the age you can run for president. So to say not to take steroids until you are "XYZ" age, is kind of arbitrary. The "until you stop growing" argument is not really true after 17 and a 1/2 for most people. Recent psychological evidence presented in support of not allowing capital punishment on minors has suggested that certain parts of your intellectual accumen have not fully developed until the after puberty, and into early adolescence (around 20 or so if I recall). SO perhaps that may be the argument we want to focus on. The height-thing is really kind of silly. Perhaps reasonable psychological maturation may be a better area to focus on, but again that's a bit nebulous....

I think, really, starting steroids is an individual thing...people who want to dictate ages for other people to start, citing the invalid "when you stop growing" thing as their primary argument, are just laughable in light of the facts.
    Agreed, but 17 IMO is way too young, endocrine system is at least 4-5 years from reaching maturity. That is my major concern, height is good and all, but being on HRT for the rest of your life 'cause you screwed up and did a hormone altering drug at a young age seems like a terrible risk. Plus most guys who work out in H.S. quit before they are out of college, it is a waste of good gear.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

I agree with hook. But as hook also says this is by no means an entitlement to start using when that young. Teenagers, at least the majority, dont have the knowledge, training base, diet, dedication, and maturity to properly use these drugs without a doctor's supervision. How many teenagers get blood tests? How many teenagers get at least 8 hrs of sleep on regular basis? How many run dbol and abombs alone for long periods of time cause they dont know any better? Well, I am sure you are sick of the rhetorical questions by now but hopefully you get the point.

i don't give a rats ass when you stop growing.

the fact is, if you are not educated in the realm of AAS then it is not wise to start using them.

Hooker is just saying that the argument for "not being finished growing" is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by peump
    the fact is, if you are not educated in the realm of AAS then it is not wise to start using them.
    Educucated on AAS?

1/2 the Mods/Vets on the net still wouldn't have started on a cycle if they took that advice....

Just kidding.

I meant 75%.

Educucated on AAS?

1/2 the Mods/Vets on the net still wouldn't have started on a cycle if they took that advice....

Just kidding.

I meant 75%.

are you insinuating that 75% of the mods/vets are not, what you consider to be, Educated?

graeme87 is offline Member
    kid if u r going to do steroids regardless of wat these guys say then at least look into it a lot more,use this site to learn every thing u can.
    good luck

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Bottom line, don't do it.

chest6 is offline Banned
    im waitin til 20

thunderin is offline Member
    Ok take this for what you will. My first cycle dbol , test cyp and deca was when I was 16 yrs old (1983), way way too young. My grandfather was 6', and my father is 5'11'. My mom is 5'6" and I am 5' 9".

Sometimes I wonder.

Thread Information