Infidel is offline Junior Member

Arm tendons are killing me

The past 2 weeks I've done bi's my tendons kill me for like 3 days later. I can curl 110 flat bar no problem but I guess the weight is too much for my tendons. Also, the bones in my forearms feel stressed from the heavy weight. Anybody else ever get this and how can I solve this problem? It's fvcked up my bench the past 2 weeks because my tendons are so sore I can't support the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel
    The past 2 weeks I've done bi's my tendons kill me for like 3 days later. I can curl 110 flat bar no problem but I guess the weight is too much for my tendons. Also, the bones in my forearms feel stressed from the heavy weight. Anybody else ever get this and how can I solve this problem? It's fvcked up my bench the past 2 weeks because my tendons are so sore I can't support the weight.
    I had the same problem for ages,couldnt even curl a 30lb bell!! I tried everything to fix it,then i started HGH and in like 2 weeks it was gone,8 months later and its still not returned(im still running hgh),im now curling 70lb bells for reps.
    Good luck.

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    do u feel it right in ur elbow, on the outside more than on the inside? i had the same thing, but it was coz i wasnt training my brachialis enuf. i started doing hammer curls to the opposite shoulder (right arm, sideways, to shoulder) and its strenghtened it and the pains gone. i dont know is this would be the same tho!

thndrgod33 is offline Associate Member
    you could have strained a tendon if you overtrained it, do a lot of stretching before and after your workout

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have that problem right where my funny bone would be on the inside of my elbow and outward of my left arm. I know it is from curling too much but the more I stretch it the better it has gotten plus I have laid off of curls for 3 weeks and will go back next week. Might want to try stretching it but I am not a doctor.

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    i had a similar problem with the forearms hurting and in the elbow, usually when i was doing standing one arm curls, i stopped doing them, and the pain went away. i also in the begining went to a chiropractor, and he did some things to my forearms with stretching the muscle through massage, and that took care of it for awhile,

but stopping the exercise that is causing it for awhile, and switch to something else, and the pain should go away. and if you train your forearms directly, stop that for awhile too!

dville04 is offline New Member
    i've had that problem for a little while. just lay off the curls for awhile which is hard because biceps, for me anyway, are frusterating. if u still wanna hit the bi's then just try as many different variations of curls as you can til you find something that works for you without the pain. that's all i've got.

TADOLFI is offline Member
    I had a lower Bi injury a few years ago and bought an elbow support strap that just wraps around the forearm and keeps pressure on the area while you workout. (see attached picture)
    Did the strap thing with some massage therapy and within three months I had a better grip and could do flat bar curls again.

You can still make steady gains and have big guns without the flat bar curls if this doesn't help. Do some preachers with the curl bar or even use dumbells if the pain is too much.
    You can always feed some hammer curls in to the workout just to test the water and see if the pain is still there or not - but be sure that you are warm. I usually do at least two Bi exercises before I do Hammer Curls.

Don't keep pushing this - it can effect other movements and start a "demotivation".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arm tendons are killing me-012235.jpg  

Thread Information