magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

Oral steroid questions posited to Dr…

Yesterday I was privileged to speak “Q & A” style in general forum, with a physician, author, lecturer and researcher in the field of Internal & Wholistic Medicine. I asked him a few indirect questions about oral steroids . Take and believe what you will, but here is what transpired:

M: I have some questions about hepatotoxicity.

Physician: Please.

M: Is there a direct relationship to lower back pain?

Physician: No. Liver toxicity is often indicated by pain in the middle back and behind the right shoulder. This pain can also radiate down and throughout the right arm.

M: Supposing lower back pain is physiological in origin, ruling out all musculoskeletal possibilities, what would be its likely cause.

Physician: Eliminating musculoskeletal problems, and barring any physical trauma recent or recurrent, it would likely be a kidney problem. This could be unintrusively evaluated by the presence of dark, unusually strong smelling and/or foaming urine.

M: Lastly, to what would you attribute drastically high, sudden and sustained increase in cholesterol levels?

Physician: Certainly, sudden and otherwise unexplained high cholesterol, without prior history would be indicative of liver toxicity. Over 95% of the time this occurs, the patient will have significantly toxic levels, often induced by improper use of, or highly hepa-destructive drugs.

This may shed some light on those who comment about lower back pain and the liver, and those who often say “it didn’t hurt my liver, but my cholesterol skyrocketed”.

Thanks for reading,

M.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Yup, I cringe when I read people talking about "back pumps" from dbol and that they just "suck it up and deal with it" I'm like "It's your kidneys you fools, you're killing your kidneys!"

SpiderRico is offline Member
    great post ..good for those wanted to either run dbol only cycles or oral only cycles

Hey Magic, if you speak to him again ask him what he would recommend to alleviate kidney problems other than good old cranberry.

STB
    STB is offline Junior Member
    This makes sense - I always get back pumps on Dbol - there was a brand of milk thistle, Lumbergs, Linbergs, something like that, that is supposed to alleviate the back pumps...based on the above, it would mean that this stuff is the only milk thistle that actually protects your kidneys?

Otherwise it is just further evidence that you should not go very long with high doses or 17aa orals. Personally I do not exceed 30 days @ 25mg/day with Dbol.

Bluesman

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Yup, I cringe when I read people talking about "back pumps" from dbol and that they just "suck it up and deal with it" I'm like "It's your kidneys you fools, you're killing your kidneys!"
    bah kidneys are over rated and so is your liver.. all you really need is your PENIS in working order.. thats why u need test!

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Hey Magic, if you speak to him again ask him what he would recommend to alleviate kidney problems other than good old cranberry.
    Not likely, it was a one time engagement. Though he could possibly be contacted. Alfalfa came up in a related question, and was spoken of rather highly. Here's something I just pulled from the web after a cursory search for a correlation:

Alfalfa (Medicago sativa): Alfalfa has been used by the Chinese since the sixth century to treat kidney stones, and to relieve fluid retention and swelling. It is a perennial herb that grows throughout the world in a variety of climates. Alfalfa grows to about 3 feet and has blue- violet flowers that bloom from July to September. Because alfalfa is deep-rooted, it picks up the trace minerals in the soil. The leaves of this remarkable legume contain eight essential amino acids. Alfalfa is a good laxative and a natural diuretic. It is useful in the treatment of urinary tract infections, and kidney, bladder and prostrate disorders. Alkalizes and detoxifies the body, especially the liver. Promotes pituitary gland function and contains an anti-fungus agent. This versatile herb is also a folk remedy for arthritis, blood thinner, kidney cleanser, energy enhancement, diabetes, asthma, hay fever, and is reputed to be an excellent appetite stimulant and overall tonic. Excellent source of nutritive properties with minerals, chlorophyll and vitamins.

M.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    That low back pump stuff is a myth. The spinal erectors cant "pump" up like a bicep would. The problem lies not in the muscle but in kidney problems.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    That low back pump stuff is a myth. The spinal erectors cant "pump" up like a bicep would. The problem lies not in the muscle but in kidney problems.
    DOOD i get wicked trap/rhombus pumps from it as well as bi pumps
    the real problem is spanking it .. dam forarm pumps are just troublesome

and u kan actually get a pump in spinal erectors... just dont see it being to the magnitude as some other muscles.

AGREE 100%

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    yep.. dbol does it to me every time..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Firstly, GOOD POST!

Secondly, I completely agree Mike. The spinal erectors are very small muscles whose job greatly resembles that of ligaments, they are both connectors. Abs though similar are larger, and have the duty of stabilizing the body, not the same. How a person could work erectors well enough to engorge them with substantial blood to claim a good pump is simply ridiculous. They're obviously feeling something due the many reports, but it's not an erector pump. Why don't I get pumps in my hands from all the work they do, or in my feet from calf raises. Simply ridiculous!
    Gold

Thread Information