EdMan2 is offline Associate Member

Any boxers here?

I was wondering if I do a lot of heavy bag work while on a cycle if this would improve my punching power moreso than normally? I'm not really a boxer but I'd just like to have a really powerful punch.

cutmass is offline Junior Member
    alot of heavy bag work will increase ur punching whether on steriods or not.

graeme87 is offline Member
    Learn proper technique first. And gaining weight will also increase how hard you can hit. There a lot of factors concerning how hard one can punch, I would recommend going to a boxing club for a few lessons.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by EdMan2
    I was wondering if I do a lot of heavy bag work while on a cycle if this would improve my punching power moreso than normally? I'm not really a boxer but I'd just like to have a really powerful punch.
    I'm not a boxer but I practice martial arts. First, learn proper technique. Check out some of Bas Rutten's instructional DVD's. Heavy bag work, while on cycle, would be an excellent power drill. While on, I always strike the hardest.

Jray1der is offline Associate Member
    powerful punching can be obtained with proper balance, punch delivery, angles, breathing, plus quite a bunch more effects. I retired from boxing 3 years ago. Constant migraines finally put me out of the game. Hitting the heavy bag isnt just for the purpose of developing a more powerful punch. Hell, if you can withstand the hand pain afterwards, you can keep punching the damn wall for that effect. J/K If you want to be a more powerful puncher, dont just rely on the heavy bag. Someone said it best. Join a club, get some pointers. Make sure that whatever gear your on wont affect your training, especially for those who use tren . Power will be generated from your legs, your mid section, shoulders, triceps, forearms, and good ol' cardio. I hope this gets you good ideal of what you need to do. Good luck and happy training Bro.

Jray

ManOnSwole is offline Junior Member
    I would say steroids would almost be bad for if you're boxing. Increases in BP, not to mention if you get the "pumped" feeling good luck moving your shoulders round after round.

Thread Information