IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

a going to the doc question

is theiir a way for a doc to run tests specifically to test if your endocrine system is at maturity for a guy who is say 19-21 years old?

bump come one. 80 somthing people respond to Compare your strength to mine thread but for a serious matter no one even opens the god damn thread except one guy.

nitro_fusion is offline Associate Member
    Im 19 and wondering the same..... and also if you can just get a doctor to do x rays to see if your growth plates have closed.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro_fusion
    Im 19 and wondering the same..... and also if you can just get a doctor to do x rays to see if your growth plates have closed.
    ya, i def wanna get x rays too. i wont be doing them till i am at least 20, and that is not set in stone, could be 21, i am just toying ideas around right now.

i am just wonderin if i could just ask the doc straight up, look at my blood and tell me if my endocrine system has some maturing to do

and how do you go about finding a doc that will walk with you through a cycle that you can go to to get check ups regularly.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    If you have any doubts at all I'd suggest waiting. There is really nothing to hurry about. Take a couple years and fine tune your diet and training, take full advantage of your natural testosterone production. Build a solid base and then you will get the most benefit from a cycle.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Please dont get pissed if people dont immediately answer your thread, they may just not know.

The truth is your bones have probably stopped growing in length already. Yes you can get an x-ray to check out growth plate closure. I dont know of any way to check for endocrine system maturity, except to wait out puberty.

Yes the doctor can tell by running certain tests if your levels of test are high or low, as for to see if puberty has peaked or completed, I'm honestly not sure. I know that you can legally buy testosterone 25+ years of age, but you have to have tests done by the doctor and it has to be done under his (or her) supervision. In America they usually prescribe cypionate over enanthate , enanthate is more widely used in Europe.

As for the bone growth, I can't say for sure when it's over, but I haven't grown past 5'10'" for about 2 years and I'm 21 now. So around nineteen I pretty much reached my peak height. I'm not too worried about height because the taller you are the more muscle you need to add to appear larger.

Finally, I'm new here, this is my first post and I hope to get along with all of you. Later guys (and gals???)

Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    If you have any doubts at all I'd suggest waiting. There is really nothing to hurry about. Take a couple years and fine tune your diet and training, take full advantage of your natural testosterone production. Build a solid base and then you will get the most benefit from a cycle.
    my diet and training are going very well. taking in 440 grams of high quality protein daily with minimal powder. I have worked my way up to eat like a monster mostly solid food. Training is spot on. Just thinkin about gettin there faster. Thats why we all do it in the first place. The base is there.

I think this would be a good idea. Get my blood work done. IF my test levels natural are rediculously through the roof, higher than average, then i will wait. But if my levels are average or lower, which i dont see them being, whats the point in waiting if i am done growing.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    I don't know if you can get you level of endocrine maturity measured or not, but here is a good article I found regarding this matter.

[QUOTE]It is commonly misbelieved that the Tanner stages measure the entire course of puberty. However, this is not true, bearing in mind that the internal reproductive organs begin changing much earlier, and finish changing much later, than the changes visible from the outside. Scientifically speaking, puberty begins at an average age of 9 in females and 10 in males, and ends at an average age of about 22. This is based on 'puberty' being defined as the period just encompassing all changes in the reproductive organs associated with the final activation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis, beginning when gonad growth begins to accelerate, and ending when all gonad growth is complete.

Thread Information