NJou812 is offline Associate Member

PCT and Calories

I have had a very successfull first cycle, thx to all the help from the board, (154lbs to 185lbs) and am getting ready for PCT. Like most people, I have added a bit of fat (it's possible it could still be bloat) around the middle. My PCT will consist of Clomid and Nolva as well as Clen .

Here's the question. The majority opinion is to keep calories high, if not higher, during PCT. Like many others, I would like to keep my gains, and use clen to work off a bit of my BF (was 8%, now 12%) and act as an anti-cataboloic while in PCT. Is there really a need to have calories above maintence level? I'm eating 3500-4000/day now, and was going to drop to 3000-3200 for PCT (still above my maintence level of calories at my new weight 185lbs * 15 cal/lb = 2800/day).

Do you need to keep calories far above 'new' maintainence calorie level to ensure keeping muscle during PCT? If so, what's the logic/reasoning, as the unused calories just turn to fat?

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    No raise your calories. Clen isnt goign to help you keep any of your gains, its a very weak anti-catabolic.

I woudl raise to 4500cals for 6wks and slowly drop from there and add the clen.

NJou812 is offline Associate Member
    bump - like to understand why keeping calories so high is important during PCT, want to understand the science behind it.

BDTR is offline Retired
    During PCT your body is in a catabolic state, with exogenous test levels at zero and natural test production not yet back to normal, you will lose muscle. By keeping the calories higher during PCT, you'll notice a great increase in how much muscle you keep post cycle and decrease catabolism greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by NJou812
    bump - like to understand why keeping calories so high is important during PCT, want to understand the science behind it.

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    bump

programmer is offline New Member
    During PCT your body is in a catabolic state, with exogenous test levels at zero and natural test production not yet back to normal, you will lose muscle. By keeping the calories higher during PCT, you'll notice a great increase in how much muscle you keep post cycle and decrease catabolism greatly.[
    that really makes sense

besides anabolic state of Clen is only proved in animals.and i'm not sure about human
    Last edited by programmer; 10-13-2005 at 01:22 AM.

Thread Information