Thread: nolvadex?

katdaddy is offline New Member

nolvadex?

I'm going to start a cycle of Test E, Dbol & Deca I was just wondering why people prefer Nolvadex over Proviron ? Seems that Proviron would solve the problem w/estrogen & retaining water (blocking the cells completly). I'm just a novice at this so maybe some of you more seasoned bro's can tell me why anyone would choose Nolvadex over Proviron.

Peace

D.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by katdaddy
    I'm going to start a cycle of Test E, Dbol & Deca I was just wondering why people prefer Nolvadex over Proviron ? Seems that Proviron would solve the problem w/estrogen & retaining water (blocking the cells completly). I'm just a novice at this so maybe some of you more seasoned bro's can tell me why anyone would choose Nolvadex over Proviron.

Peace

D.
    Use them both. Provirion reduces aromatization and estrogen bloating, nova keep any extra estrogen from binding to your breats and hypothamus and pitutary.

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    use vitamin B6 aswell, 200mg/day for the deca . nolva (privirion aswell i think) wont help against deca related gyno as its not caused by estrogen but progesterone (i think its called progesterone if i remember correctly).

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    I only use proviron , i dont use anything that can mess with my eye's(nolva,clomid,dnp ,etc).

Just use the proviron, and if you have any problems with the deca they are not hard to fix. But run b6 anyways ... most vitamins have b6 in them anyways so you probably already are.

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    use vitamin B6 aswell, 200mg/day for the deca. nolva (privirion aswell i think) wont help against deca related gyno as its not caused by estrogen but progesterone (i think its called progesterone if i remember correctly).
    I would take vit B6 @ 100mg/ED vs 200mg/ED. B/c of this post, courtesy of MESO:
    Well can it? Here is some info even though vitamin companies still sale 250-300mg tablets...

Too much vitamin B6 can result in nerve damage to the arms and legs. This neuropathy is usually related to high intake of vitamin B6 from supplements, [2] and is reversible when supplementation is stopped. According to the Institute of Medicine, "Several reports show sensory neuropathy at doses lower than 500 mg per day" [1]. As previously mentioned, the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine has established an upper tolerable intake level (UL) for vitamin B6 of 100 mg per day for all adults [1]. "As intake increases above the UL, the risk of adverse effects increases [1]."

[1] Institute of Medicine. Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes: Thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, biotin, and choline. National Academy Press. Washington, DC, 1998.

[2] Selhub J, Jacques PF, Bostom AG, D'Agostino RB, Wilson PW, Belanger AJ, O'Leary DH, Wolf PA, Scaefer EJ, Rosenberg IH. Association between plasma homocysteine concentrations and extracranial carotid-artery stenosis. N Engl J Med 1995; 332:286-291.
    Vitamin B6 and the nervous system
    Vitamin B6 is needed for the synthesis of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine . These neurotransmitters are required for normal nerve cell communication. Researchers have been investigating the relationship between vitamin B6 status and a wide variety of neurologic conditions such as seizures, chronic pain, depression, headache, and Parkinson's disease [1].

Lower levels of serotonin have been found in individuals suffering from depression and migraine headaches. So far, however, vitamin B6 supplements have not proved effective for relieving these symptoms. One study found that a sugar pill was just as likely as vitamin B6 to relieve headaches and depression associated with low dose oral contraceptives [2].

Alcohol abuse can result in neuropathy, abnormal nerve sensations in the arms and legs [3]. A poor dietary intake contributes to this neuropathy and dietary supplements that include vitamin B6 may prevent or decrease its incidence [1].

Vitamin B6 and carpal tunnel syndrome
    Vitamin B6 was first recommended for carpal tunnel syndrome almost 30 years ago [4]. Several popular books still recommend taking 100 to 200 milligrams (mg) of vitamin B6 daily to treat carpal tunnel syndrome, even though scientific studies do not indicate it is effective. Anyone taking large doses of vitamin B6 supplements for carpal tunnel syndrome needs to be aware that the Institute of Medicine recently established an upper tolerable limit of 100 mg per day for adults. There are documented cases in the literature of neuropathy caused by excessive vitamin B6 taken for treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome [5].

[1]Bernstein AL. Vitamin B6 in clinical neurology. Ann N Y Acad Sci 1990;585:250-60.

[2]Villegas-Salas E, Ponce de Leon R, Juarez-Perez MA, Grubb GS. Effect of vitamin B6 on the side effects of a low-dose combined oral contraceptive. Contraception 1997; 55:245-8.

[3]Vinik AI. Diabetic neuropathy: pathogenesis and therapy. Am J Med 1999; 107:17S-26S.

[4]Copeland DA and Stoukides CA. Pyridoxine in carpal tunnel syndrome. Ann Pharmacother 1994; 28:1042-4.

[5]Foca FJ. Motor and sensory neuropathy secondary to excessive pyridoxine ingestion. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1985; 66:634-6.

Hope this helps you make an informed decission on its use.

courtesy of MESOMORPHYL

gaa9679572 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thejuiceisloose
    I would take vit B6 @ 100mg/ED vs 200mg/ED. B/c of this post, courtesy of MESO:
    Well can it? Here is some info even though vitamin companies still sale 250-300mg tablets...

Too much vitamin B6 can result in nerve damage to the arms and legs. This neuropathy is usually related to high intake of vitamin B6 from supplements, [2] and is reversible when supplementation is stopped. According to the Institute of Medicine, "Several reports show sensory neuropathy at doses lower than 500 mg per day" [1]. As previously mentioned, the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine has established an upper tolerable intake level (UL) for vitamin B6 of 100 mg per day for all adults [1]. "As intake increases above the UL, the risk of adverse effects increases [1]."

[1] Institute of Medicine. Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes: Thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, biotin, and choline. National Academy Press. Washington, DC, 1998.

[2] Selhub J, Jacques PF, Bostom AG, D'Agostino RB, Wilson PW, Belanger AJ, O'Leary DH, Wolf PA, Scaefer EJ, Rosenberg IH. Association between plasma homocysteine concentrations and extracranial carotid-artery stenosis. N Engl J Med 1995; 332:286-291.
    Vitamin B6 and the nervous system
    Vitamin B6 is needed for the synthesis of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine . These neurotransmitters are required for normal nerve cell communication. Researchers have been investigating the relationship between vitamin B6 status and a wide variety of neurologic conditions such as seizures, chronic pain, depression, headache, and Parkinson's disease [1].

Lower levels of serotonin have been found in individuals suffering from depression and migraine headaches. So far, however, vitamin B6 supplements have not proved effective for relieving these symptoms. One study found that a sugar pill was just as likely as vitamin B6 to relieve headaches and depression associated with low dose oral contraceptives [2].

Alcohol abuse can result in neuropathy, abnormal nerve sensations in the arms and legs [3]. A poor dietary intake contributes to this neuropathy and dietary supplements that include vitamin B6 may prevent or decrease its incidence [1].

Vitamin B6 and carpal tunnel syndrome
    Vitamin B6 was first recommended for carpal tunnel syndrome almost 30 years ago [4]. Several popular books still recommend taking 100 to 200 milligrams (mg) of vitamin B6 daily to treat carpal tunnel syndrome, even though scientific studies do not indicate it is effective. Anyone taking large doses of vitamin B6 supplements for carpal tunnel syndrome needs to be aware that the Institute of Medicine recently established an upper tolerable limit of 100 mg per day for adults. There are documented cases in the literature of neuropathy caused by excessive vitamin B6 taken for treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome [5].

[1]Bernstein AL. Vitamin B6 in clinical neurology. Ann N Y Acad Sci 1990;585:250-60.

[2]Villegas-Salas E, Ponce de Leon R, Juarez-Perez MA, Grubb GS. Effect of vitamin B6 on the side effects of a low-dose combined oral contraceptive. Contraception 1997; 55:245-8.

[3]Vinik AI. Diabetic neuropathy: pathogenesis and therapy. Am J Med 1999; 107:17S-26S.

[4]Copeland DA and Stoukides CA. Pyridoxine in carpal tunnel syndrome. Ann Pharmacother 1994; 28:1042-4.

[5]Foca FJ. Motor and sensory neuropathy secondary to excessive pyridoxine ingestion. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1985; 66:634-6.

Hope this helps you make an informed decission on its use.

courtesy of MESOMORPHYL
    Bumpity bump

katdaddy is offline New Member
    Thanks for the input bro's

Peace,

D.

Thread Information