I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member

paranoid of shooting quads after this

Last edited by I_Want_Abs; 03-10-2011 at 03:57 AM.

demonds is offline Junior Member
    try with a 25, i used to do 22g on my quads and had the same problem, meaby all you need is a smaller g.

jrock38 is offline Associate Member
    I use 23g 1 1/2 with no probs...try moving it further away from that area. You have alot of shooting space on your quads.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    There are alot of nerves in the quads. Usually it isn't a big deal. My method for inject quads is to go slowly, and if I feel a nerve being hit i stop for a sec then continue the injection and usually the injection doesn't touch the nerve again. Don't be scared to inject in the quads, that' s my favorite spot.

SpiderRico is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    There are alot of nerves in the quads. Usually it isn't a big deal. My method for inject quads is to go slowly, and if I feel a nerve being hit i stop for a sec then continue the injection and usually the injection doesn't touch the nerve again. Don't be scared to inject in the quads, that' s my favorite spot.
    Thats exactly what i do ... i hit a nerve once in my thigh and lost feeling in my leg and fingers once and really dark blood was coming out of my leg and it took me awhile to go back to thighs but thats pretty much all i can hit with a 25g by myself and pecs

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bex304
    by the way im using a 23Guage 1 1/4 inch pin and shooting in the outer area of my quad
    The photos over at spotinjections.com are a little too far to the outside of the leg for my taste. I recommend that you hit the vastus lateralis muscle. It starts just to the inside of your leg by the knee but goes at a diagonal to the outside of your leg as it moves higher up.

Lots of very good spots to hit on this muscle as it is a very large muscle. Hit the bottom half one time and the top half some other time.

If you have fairly low bf%, then you might want to push that 1.25" needle in at a slight angle.

thunderin is offline Member
    If you don't heat your gear before injecting, it can cause your quads to twitch due to the cold oil making contact with a warm muscle. Not something nice with a pin in your quad.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderin
    If you don't heat your gear before injecting, it can cause your quads to twitch due to the cold oil making contact with a warm muscle. Not something nice with a pin in your quad.
    I've never heard that before. But, if your muscle twitches, then by all means, heat the gear up a bit.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderin
    Yeah, that is right. I get muscle twitches if not heating it.

Last edited by I_Want_Abs; 03-10-2011 at 03:58 AM.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Use 25g 1-1.5" I remember i used a 23g by mistake one time and i could definately tell.

Last edited by I_Want_Abs; 03-10-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Thread Information