Melatonin "Hangover"

I was trying out melatoning for a couple nights and took 2mg the first night, 3mg the second and 5mg the third.

I heard that it gives you vivid dreams (which is the reason I took it.) However my dreams were not that vivid and I have way more vivid and intenese dreams off the melatonin. I also wanted to take it for a deep REM sleep to help recover muscle tissue. When I woke up, I was hungover and felt like my body was craving more sleep and melatonin. It's sorta like crack I guess (but I never did hard drugs like crack.)

Anyways, for those of you who have tried it, did you get a hangover and feel less rested than normal??? I did and thought it wasn't worth the money.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    I have used melatonin before. I took .5mg each time and it worked fine and no "hangover." I'd say you are taking way too much.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have taken melatonin a few times, never the hangover effect though

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Melatonin works great for me. Much better than sleeping pills. Those give me hangovers.

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector_injector
    I was trying out melatoning for a couple nights and took 2mg the first night, 3mg the second and 5mg the third.

I heard that it gives you vivid dreams (which is the reason I took it.) However my dreams were not that vivid and I have way more vivid and intenese dreams off the melatonin. I also wanted to take it for a deep REM sleep to help recover muscle tissue. When I woke up, I was hungover and felt like my body was craving more sleep and melatonin. It's sorta like crack I guess (but I never did hard drugs like crack.)

Anyways, for those of you who have tried it, did you get a hangover and feel less rested than normal??? I did and thought it wasn't worth the money.
    I know exactly what you mean about the "hangover" like feelings. I was getting them at first and soon realized it was from taking too much....I only need like 500mcg (.5mgs). 1mg or 1000mcgs and higher requires me to sleep like 9+ hours. Not good.

Anyways, drop the dose. I'm not sure if the dose is based on an individuals body weight or not. I know girls that take a higher dose than me...and are fine...while some dude that clearly weight less than me by 20+ pounds take 3mgs and are fine. So, to me it seems like you have to experiment to see what the optimal dose is. Start with how you felt on 2mgs....did you feel the hangovers? If so, drop to 1mg. Then to .5mgs(500mcgs).
    Good luck. Once you find the right dose...it really is a great supplement.

lollipops is offline Associate Member
    i take 3mgs every night and i cant sleep without it!

works great for me!

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    i take 1mg and i feel very refreshed when i wake up... even if i dont get 8 hours

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I use 3mg every night and get crazy dreams. It's prob. from the GH also. Sometimes I feel kinda groggy in the morning but I shake it off pretty easily. You'll prob. get used to it after awhile. I wouldn't go over 6mg's.

Thread Information