Kaotic81 is offline New Member

Does anybody realy care about the people looking for info?

I am kind of new to this site but I don't understansd some of it. I see alot of legit questions go by with no response, and then I see questiuons like: 50 cent take gear? and Drinking your own urin? Get 50 to 100 responses. I have learned alot from this site but I think alot of the post get ignored because people forget what its like to be uninformed about juice. I think that the members that know what they are talking about should take the time to inform the new guy, because if nobody helped you where would you be?

jaydub is offline Senior Member
    the posts you are saying get all the responses are post more on opinion. when someone is looking for some good help or advise, it usually don't take 50 posts to get it to em.

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    agreed^ use the search tab too bro..

catlovesfood is offline Associate Member
    bump for this!

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    The issue is everyone here is a volunteer and since the "experts" don't just sit here all day wanting for a question things get missed. Yes there are a lot of knowledge on this board and a lot of food and bad advise.

I think what happens on some questions is either it has been asked 1000 times and people are tired of answering or a questions is of a very technical nature and it will take someone with a lot more knowledge to answer properly and whoever that might be like Hooker or Spy or ??? just happen to not show up when it is on the main page and they miss it.

I do not think anyone intentionally does not answer a question. The only reason someone would answer on the 50cent one is it is something everyone can through their two cents in on and probably should be moved to the AR Lounge but I am a nobody here that is not up to me.

Anyway just like on any other forum it is free and you get what you get and enjoy the what you can get out of it.

Oldman

Disclaimer: I am not saying Hooker or Spy are the only experts here there are lots of great people here and we all learn from each other. I come here and read and read some days and post nothing just trying to gain knowledge.
    Last edited by oldman; 10-15-2005 at 06:09 AM.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    says oldman

"I think what happens on some questions is either it has been asked 1000 times and people are tired of answering or a questions is of a very technical nature and it will take someone with a lot more knowledge to answer properly and whoever that might be like Hooker or Spy or ??? just happen to not show up when it is on the main page and they miss it."

i agree here

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    how many times can u answer a question like " can i drink my winny?"...
    alot of the posts u see not getting any answers are the ones that shld have been answered by using the search function... plain and simple...

Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    The issue is everyone here is a volunteer and since the "experts" don't just sit here all day wanting for a question things get missed. Yes there are a lot of knowledge on this board and a lot of food and bad advise.

I think what happens on some questions is either it has been asked 1000 times and people are tired of answering or a questions is of a very technical nature and it will take someone with a lot more knowledge to answer properly and whoever that might be like Hooker or Spy or ??? just happen to not show up when it is on the main page and they miss it.

I do not think anyone intentionally does not answer a question. The only reason someone would answer on the 50cent one is it is something everyone can through their two cents in on and probably should be moved to the AR Lounge but I am a nobody here that is not up to me.

Anyway just like on any other forum it is free and you get what you get and enjoy the what you can get out of it.

Oldman

Disclaimer: I am not saying Hooker or Spy are the only experts here there are lots of great people here and we all learn from each other. I come here and read and read some days and post nothing just trying to gain knowledge.
    Alright...this is a topic which is very near and dear to my heart, so I think a rather long reply, at least from me, is warranted...

Lets go over a few things that most members might not know:

I'm not a volunteer. I post on all the boards for a tangible monetary or material benefit, which is why I write articles, profiles, etc.... So do mostly all the mods, on all the boards, although admittedly, it's not as quid pro quo as my activity. I think this allows me to produce a higher standard of work than ....could otherwise be expected.

However, most of the mods here (and everywhere) receive some form of compensation, or are at least offerfed it, as well, be it from the board owner giving them free protein powder or discounts on supplements. Most sources, in addition, offer discounts to mods and especially mods on the larger boards (who get very good discounts). I haven't paid for AAS in...basically a year or so; before that, I paid once or twice in the year prior (keep in mind the fact that I stay on all year long).

I am of the opinion that as the larger boards grow into more profitable and professional enterprises, staff will become increasingly paid for the work that they do. It's basically a part time job for most at this point.

Sure is. But as you said, thats anywhere.

Well, I think that most people don't really have the time to answer the techincal questions properly, because that would require a huge amount of research or knowledge. As I said in the ^red^ part of my answer, I derive a tangible material benefit from posting on boards, so I can devote a commesurately large portion of my time to posting, reading, and researching, etc...it's unfair to compare the posts I make or the time I am able to spend on this to the staff. It is, as I've said before, like comparing a professional athlete to a highschool athlete. You don't expect high school athletes to perform as well as professional ones, as they just don't have that level of ability, facilities, or time to devote to their endeavor, and the analogy is the same here, regarding (my) being a professional vs/ an amateur.

Which brings up my next point.... The board is the members, not the staff. There are 41K+ members, and like...15 mods, and around 50 Vets. You, the members, are the board. You are more important (to me, anyway) than the staff is. The average member, everywhere, is who I personally choose to interact with...generally, not the staff. You guys, not the staff (with very few exceptions) pay the bills, by supporting board sponsors, etc...If you have a question or suggestion, post it. People were asking for a Kynoselen profile, and the owner contracted me to do one...so believe me, he listens to you guys.

Ok..it's free, but it's not free to the owner. He pays server fees, paid me to write profiles, etc...and in addition the advertisers pay him for banners, etc...so it's "free" but it's not, on alot of levels, and for alot of people. If you think something should be offered, you need to speak up, because the information is free to you, but in the end, someone is paying for it, so they should get their money's worth.

Hooker, I was not trying to step on anyones toes here. I am sorry for trying to stick up for the hard work the Mods, Vets and others do by saying it was free. I know it is not free for the owner that was my point a person can not come here bitchin and moaning about a post not getting answered when THEY are getting it for free. I have yet to see very many posts that deserve an answer go unanswered, heck even some of my stupid questions get answered.

I guess I was wrong about doing the work for free but I do not think that makes a difference do you? I am sure this is not your full time job but if it is some things just can't be answered due to the volume of questions that come up.

I guess I will keep my mouth shut but it pisses me off when I see people complain when they are getting sh1t for free.

Oldman

Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    Hooker, I was not trying to step on anyones toes here. I am sorry for trying to stick up for the hard work the Mods, Vets and others do by saying it was free. I know it is not free for the owner that was my point a person can not come here bitchin and moaning about a post not getting answered when THEY are getting it for free. I have yet to see very many posts that deserve an answer go unanswered, heck even some of my stupid questions get answered.

I guess I was wrong about doing the work for free but I do not think that makes a difference do you? I am sure this is not your full time job but if it is some things just can't be answered due to the volume of questions that come up.

I guess I will keep my mouth shut but it pisses me off when I see people complain when they are getting sh1t for free.

Oldman
    Obviously it does, because you (in your other post) seemed to state that my posts (expertise, whatever) were/is not the same as others...so...I think it's attributable to my having the luxury of being paid to do this, and devote that kind of time.

My full time job is writing about anabolics, yes...it totally supports me. Pretty neat, huh?

That would be the opposite of what my other post had tried to say...I WANT you to speak up...not the other way around. I like an atmosphere where nobody dares to lie, or fears to tell the truth....

(although not everyone does....)

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I don't get paid/compensated in any way shape form here, I want to make that clear. I was just talking to Vette last night on the phone and he thanked me for all that I do w/out being compensated at all. The fact that I just come here to help when I can (which is a lot because I work on the Net) drew appreciation from him. That feels good as payment enough, at least for now until my schedule dictates that I must step away which very well may in the near future.

I am able to place the link to my website/biz in my signature, yes, but I give free dietary guidance here to laid out plans already, so attaining clients from here is not something that occurs as one would think. So, it's not like I'm getting paid by attaining paying clients either.

~SC~

It is so hard to be 100% clear when typing rather than talking. I think it is great you make a living doing it that again shows you have the knowledge and research ability to be able to do it. Pay or not there are some posts that I personally would listen to and other posts I would not based on all the threads I have read. I know I have only been signed up for a month or so but I have actually gone back and read about 2-3 months worth of prior posts to try to bring be up to speed and then before asking a question I do search and read all I can so IF I still need to ask I can take the stuff I already read and weigh it against what new information is given and draw my own conclusion. If I took the advise of everyone I would probably be dead right now

I have run several forums myself and before I sold my last one we had about 15k members and people started complaining that some posts went unanswered and All the Mods and such were unpaid and it got to the point where we would get PM'd asking why we were not keeping up with our "job" and answering. This topic is near to me too since I have been in this situation and after trying to explain our position as a free forum people still moaned and I finally had to sell it off.. The new owner did nothing and now the place is a ghost town.

I think the owner of this site (maybe I missed it) but he needs to have a way for those that want to donate to help cover the cost of Bandwidth and such that we can. I know there is an issue of being anonymous but I would help when and where I could.

Oldman

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker

My full time job is writing about anabolics, yes...it totally supports me. Pretty neat, huh?
    that's awesome...i wanna play?

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I don't get paid/compensated in any way shape form here, I want to make that clear. I was just talking to Vette last night on the phone and he thanked me for all that I do w/out being compensated at all. The fact that I just come here to help when I can (which is a lot because I work on the Net) drew appreciation from him. That feels good as payment enough, at least for now until my schedule dictates that I must step away which very well may in the near future.

I am able to place the link to my website/biz in my signature, yes, but I give free dietary guidance here to laid out plans already, so attaining clients from here is not something that occurs as one would think. So, it's not like I'm getting paid by attaining paying clients either.

~SC~
    That sucks. I had always thought you derived some kind of concrete material benefit from being a Vet here, as at that time you referred to Brian in posts as a buisness partner. I had assumed further that you would get increased benefits from being a mod vs/ being a vet...

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    attaining clients from here is not something that occurs as one would think. So, it's not like I'm getting paid by attaining paying clients either.

~SC~
    I'll be your client

you reallly should change that avatar...you are making me think naughty things

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    I'll be your client

you reallly should change that avatar...you are making me think naughty things
    Then it's working!

Hooker, I had my own supplement site runnin' w/Brain, yes, but I paid into that to get it up and running and never saw the return I was hoping. So, I shelled out more than I ever made. Bummer on that one, but hey, I had the cash to give it a shot and it just didn't pan out, that's just how it goes.

My biz is my bread/butter, and I sense that is where I should continue to focus all of my energy. Glad things are working out for you though in what you do, that's great.

~SC~

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    I personally would like to thank all of the mods and vets, and yes even Hooker for the time they put into this effort, with or without reward. I have been involved with lifting for more than 15 yrs and AAS for around 8 and have learned more from reading your posts(even the ones where SC is scolding someone )than anywhere else I have been, and I have read a lot of books and belonged to 5 AAS forums over the years. Kudos to you and all the work you do for us. And BTW, I don't kiss ass, this is meant as a sincere thank you for those who do help so much.

Wanna Play....?

Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    that's awesome...i wanna play?
    Well..it's weird...I mean, I thought I'd be a writer and like...it would just mean I sit here and type all day, and that would pay the bills. But actually, I had to register myself as my own corporation (which is generally expensive, because you need to pay a lawyer who is also certified as a CPA, if you want it done right), I have to basically use 3 seperate laptops, of which 2 are networked, I had to buy an external CD-R/W, so I could burn my work onto CD and not have it in my PC (since I wrote a book, I put it on CD-ROM, and it's not on my harddrive at all, just in case I'm hacked, a PDF of the book won't be out on the net a day later). Then I had to buy these professional looking ...I dunno...folder-thingies which also hold CD's, so when I sent my book off to be published, it was in hard copy as well as on a disk. This is also how my work is submitted to numerous magazines. Basically...I started my own buisness, and wasn't really 100% prepared for it....so if you wanna play, go for it...it's not for everyone...there's always room for another player in this game though...

i can do everything else...all the computer sheiSe...that's not a problem. not much of a writer though...but what is the name of your book? you have me interested...

Anabolic Steroids : Ultimate Research Guide
    Version 1.0

(See my avatar)

I can't do shit with a computer, more or less...

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    can't do shit with a computer, more or less...
    I disagree!!!

You pump out tons of info from your comp to this board!To me that's doing something positive with your comp.And it certainly isn't shit.

~Pinnacle~
    Last edited by Pinnacle; 10-15-2005 at 05:32 PM. Reason: TYPO... on a word

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I disagree!!!

You pump out tons of info from your comp to this board!To me that's doing something positive with your comp.And it ceratinly isn't shit.

~Pinnacle~
    word!

Ok...I guess I meant the more technical side of things...a few months ago, I couldn't even get my book onto disks, and I had to ask Jerzey to do it for me, and then drive to her place to pick them up and mail them before they were overdue....

i googled your book and i cant find it. is it on sale in the US?

Ha ha...it's produced by Steroid .com and is coming out in like...30 days or something...or 30 days past some point in last week....I can't remember what Brian told me...something about the printers converting it into a PDF. and ....etc....something....

[The only thing re: me thats not on sale in the US was the magazine I appeared in (nothing to do with steroids or whatever, just a photo shoot I kind of fell into, for this French fashion mag....long story, but it's at the end of my thread in the "Members Pics" forum)]

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic81
    I am kind of new to this site but I don't understansd some of it. I see alot of legit questions go by with no response, and then I see questiuons like: 50 cent take gear? and Drinking your own urin? Get 50 to 100 responses. I have learned alot from this site but I think alot of the post get ignored because people forget what its like to be uninformed about juice. I think that the members that know what they are talking about should take the time to inform the new guy, because if nobody helped you where would you be?
    a legit gripe, but you've got to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the "forum" style of organization. it's strength is the incredibly broad base of knowlwdge of the members. however, unless the guy has a known rep (hooker, swole etc.) you can't even vouch that an answer is accurate (this is the internet after all!). i've seen MANY questions on this board get fifty immediate answers...and all of them were bull$hit. a lot of quick responses and interest is no guarantee that the knowledge is there to help you.

this forum is community, and it's strength is the strength of it's collective membership. it's a tremendous tool for educating yourself, but the first thing YOU must understand is how to properly use it. like any good tool, used properly it will help you a lot, misused, it can hurt you. every vet/mod here has answered most good questions...a thousand times already. then we posted a sticky telling people to use the search button to look up the previous thousand times we answered this (very good) question, so we wouldn't have to continually repost the answer. if someone is unwilling to make this very basic effort to educate himself, they're probably a lost cause already.

we're lucky to have some brilliant paid professionals like hooker, but most of us here are volunteers like swole, just trying to help others to avoid the mistakes, ignorance, and suffering that we had to go through.

here is a basic "users manual" to AR that will probably solve 99% of your problems.

1 - READ THE EDUCATIONAL THREADS - thats why they're called educational

2 - before you post any "good question" USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. if it's a genuinely good question, it's probably been answered 500 times by people more knowledgable than me. pick the best three answers and study them - they're probably better than anything a vet can spoon-feed you on short notice. it's not that the info isn't here, it's that people aren't bothering to look it up, people just don't want to make the effort to educate themselves, and want everything spoonfed to them.

3 - do a search for posts with the "most views" in the "last year". this is a compilation of all the most noteworthy pieces of knowledege to hit this board in the past year. this will help you immensely.
    Last edited by MMA; 10-15-2005 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    a legit gripe, but you've got to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the "forum" style of organization. it's strength is the incredibly broad base of knowlwdge of the members. however, unless the guy has a known rep (hooker, swole etc.) you can't even vouch that an answer is accurate (this is the internet after all!). i've seen MANY questions on this board get fifty immediate answers...and all of them were bull$hit. a lot of quick responses and interest is no guarantee that the knowledge is there to help you.
    I'll go a step further and say that even people with a known rep give out some bad, bad advice....some* of the most well known mods on the internet give out some of the worst advice.

(*This is my nice way of saying most of the very-well known mods on the internet give out the absolute worst advice.)

Ha ha...it's produced by Steroid .com and is coming out in like...30 days or something...or 30 days past some point in last week....I can't remember what Brian told me...something about the printers converting it into a PDF. and ....etc....something....

[The only thing re: me thats not on sale in the US was the magazine I appeared in (nothing to do with steroids or whatever, just a photo shoot I kind of fell into, for this French fashion mag....long story, but it's at the end of my thread in the "Members Pics" forum)]
    yeah i read that thread and i wanted to try find the mag...maybe ill look on ebay or something. hehe.

Yeah...Brian saw the mag, because he was up here in NJ when the issue arrived...other than that, the only person you'd know who has seen the pic is Jerzey...

Thread Information