LiftHeavy is offline Junior Member

AS sites listing open sources how is that possible?

Hi...i ran across some interesting sites.....for example...
    http://www.triedia.com
    http://www.anabolicmadness.com
    http://www.anabolicboard.com/

they are listing sources..some backed from mods.......what is your guys opinions on this????
    Last edited by LiftHeavy; 05-07-2002 at 02:41 PM.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Re: AS sites listing open sources how is that possible?

Originally posted by LiftHeavy
    they are listing sources..some backed from mods.......what is your guys opinions on this????
    They have every right to do so, thanks to a l'il ol' thing called the First Amendment. (For non-Americans, that refers to the Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press clauses in the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.)

Publications and other non-public forums* also have the right to prohibit specific content, and A.R. has opted to implement a policy against such listings on this board. It is not a matter of law (although "cyber law" is still in its infancy stage), but of consumer protection: because, as sk* noted, the U.S. federal authorities are more likely to go after the sources than they are to go after the board. The result of this is that sources can be shut down at any time, and many sources that are listed are likely to be a rip-off or scam. (Even non-U.S. sources can be shut down by means of U.S. authorities applying diplomatic pressure on the authorities in other countries.)

So legality aside, the sources listed on other boards are not necessarily reliable in the first place, notwithstanding that one has no guarantee of the quality or purity of the goods they sell.

* The term public forum is, in part, a misnomer. Under U.S. law, it refers to a forum in which speech cannot be restricted except if it presents a clear and present danger. Public forums legally include streets and parks, for example. Publications and Internet forums, although they are open to public messages, can be edited or censored for content because they are privately owned. This includes newspapers, television and radio stations, etc. Thus, although this is a public board on which anyone is welcome, it is not a public forum under the law per se.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    TNT, your like a walking library bro...I'm impressed. What is your educational background if you don't mind me asking?

Peace

hmmm

interesting......thanks guys..
    has anyone ever bought anything from someone they or their friends actually never met before...just through mail....?
    Last edited by LiftHeavy; 05-07-2002 at 06:12 PM.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by LiftHeavy
    interesting......thanks guys..
    has anyone ever bought anything from someone they or their friends actually never met before...just through mail....?
    Yes i have =\

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Big Rush
    TNT, your like a walking library bro...I'm impressed. What is your educational background if you don't mind me asking?
    Well, let's see . . . After graduating summa cum laude from nursery school, I put in seven grueling years (including kindergarten) in elementary school. After that, I trudged through three year of junior high school, and entered the hallowed halls of high school with a spirit of trepidation. yet continued wonderment.

To be continued at a later date . . .

Moral of the story: Always leave the audience wondering.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    it all depends on which one it is - some of thm are very good sources, some of them are the board mods or owners in disguise and others are just plain questionable - they may be good for awhile but then run a big scam

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    yeah - its not looking very good.

McBain is offline Member
    Originally posted by TNT
    Well, let's see . . . After graduating summa cum laude from nursery school, I put in seven grueling years (including kindergarten) in elementary school. After that, I trudged through three year of junior high school, and entered the hallowed halls of high school with a spirit of trepidation. yet continued wonderment.

To be continued at a later date . . .

Moral of the story: Always leave the audience wondering.
    Your in college?! If so that's impressive, I always thought you were in your 40's.

lethalppl is offline Associate Member
    I know which source u are talking about. he is not scaming just having a problem, but assured me will be sending out all orders. He will if haven t already send you a email. I m just pissed because im a out a source now way he is making it sound. PM if you want talk about this source and what i have heard.

thanks for the replies.....

Thread Information