in regard to the throbbing head pain.

i posted a couple days ago about my throbbing head pain after sqautting 285. today i was doin 315 with a spotter and no pains.

i took 2 advils b4 the gym today, and it seemed to work like a charm.

i am taking deep breaths, in on the squat, out on the push, which also helps taking my time.

but i mainly think this throbbing pain is related to my daily intake of bubonic chronic.

Does anyone have an opinion on pot. would it reduce the ammount of air i can intake per breath? or woudl it not make a Huuuuge difference. cuz this could be why i cant get enuf oxygen to my brain. any thoughts would be appriciated, good or bad, lets hear em!!

-ghdt

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    unless your a chronic pot head, and smoke a ton a day, or have been smoking your whole life. i really dont think that its going to affect you.

but i guess you do smoke alot during the day, so yes, there could be some correlation to smoking pot and hindering your workout.
    id advise not to smoke pot, or limit the amount!

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    The only time I get a headache is on my leg day. That is the way I know that I have trained hard enough!! I get it towards the end of the workout. Maybe this means that I do not train the rest of my body hard enough!!

Perhaps it was just an intense workout day ..... the amount of weight you use doesn't always correlate to the intensity of an individual workout!

very true, i smoke about a half gram to a gram a day. so its really not that much.. 4 bong rips?

ive been taking 2 advil b4 each workout and it has gone away so, i dont really know what to say guys. thx for the input!

p.s. im lifting my max every time, for 3 sets of 10 or 8, so im pushing myself everytime, 21 pounds in 8 weeks... right diet and training = gains brother, always gatta push yourself or your wasting your time.

-ghdt

gethuge,
    try keeping the air in with you are standing back up from your squat... will make your core stronger and more stable. All i got haha nothing on the pot

never heard of holding ur breathe on a rep... especially on the push. This would not do good things for you. atleast my body, my head would pop off with 315 on my shoulders and holding my breathe then exhailing standing up. youll cut ur reps in half if u hold ur breath.

-ghdt

Gethuge, garuntee you can lift more. A stronger core is essential in squating. I personally didnt believe in this method when my strength coach taught it to me and i'm now a firm believer in it. Controlled breathing plays a huge role in lifting and the core. This is taught at many division 1 colleges

Thread Information