zeroyon is offline New Member

Reconstitution of HCG

Ok can some one help me out with this, I got 10MG of powdered HCG , I would like to know how to reconstitute this and get the IU's right, trying to go 500iu E3D x 2 Wks, before hitting the clomi/nolva.. the product description is below. There is no source info just a generic description as to what it is.

Physical Appearance:
    Sterile Filtered White lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder.

Formulation:
    The Recombinant Human Chorionic Gonadotropin was lyophilized from a concentrated (1mg/ml) solution containing 105mg sucrose and 3.43 phosphoric acid.

Solubility:
    It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized Recombinant Human Chorionic Gonadotropin in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.

Stability:

Lyophilized Recombinant hCG although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -180C. Upon reconstitution Recombinant hCG should be stored at 40C between 2-7 days and for future use below -180C. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
    Please avoid freeze-thaw cycles.

size: 10 mg

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You can add 1mg of powder to 1 sterile vial and then add 1ml of bacteriostatic water to the vial. This will give you 1000iu's for 1cc

The other option is to take the 10mg of powder and dump it in one larg vial and add 10ml of bacteriostatic water. Just make sure you will be able to use all the hcg within 6 weeks.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroyon
    Ok can some one help me out with this, I got 10MG of powdered HCG, I would like to know how to reconstitute this and get the IU's right
    I've never seen hCG power measured in mg. It usually comes in units of 1,500 iu, 5,000 iu or 10,000 iu.

Are you sure that you don't have a 10mL vial of hCG or something like that?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mranak
    I've never seen hCG power measured in mg. It usually comes in units of 1,500 iu, 5,000 iu or 10,000 iu.

1000iu = 1mg

Most likely that's what he has........ with 10k iu or 10mg of HCG

zeroyon is offline New Member
    Heres the rest of the description on that item.. and yes it is MG for sure not ML, perhaps for research purposes and not for injection they sell in MG format..
    Not sure but definantly got MG, which was why I was so confused as there is no converstion that I could find from MG to IU>.
    Thanks, a ton mudman..
    Purity:
    Greater than 98.0% as determined by:
    (a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
    (b) Anion-exchange FPLC.
    (c) Analysis by reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE Silver Stained gel.

Biological Activity:
    *******'s hCG is biologically active compared to standard (IRP reference preparation 75/551). The activity was found to be 5000 IU/mg.

Contaminants:
    Free of: HbsAg, Hepatitis B surface antigen and antibodies to HIV, Hepatitis C and HCV.

Protein content:
    Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:

1. UV spectroscopy at 280 nm using the absorbency value of 1.06 as the extinction coefficient for a 0.1% (1mg/ml) solution. This value is calculated by the PC GENE computer analysis program of protein sequences (IntelliGenetics).
    2. Analysis by RP-HPLC, using a standard solution of hCG as a Reference Standard.

Usage:
    This material is offered by *********** for research, laboratory or further evaluation purposes.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    1000iu = 1mg

Most likely that's what he has........ with 10k iu or 10mg of HCG
    I am not sure if that is correct for HCG , tho it may be. I do know that the unit IU does NOT equate to easily. This is because 1iu may be 1mg of drug A while it is 2mg of drug B. An IU is a relative unit depending on the substance. So dont think 1iu=1mcg.

lollipops is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mranak

i got the 5000 iu, so what is that in mls?

Thread Information