JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

PMing mods or vets

Bros when you PM a mod or vet, when he/she answers, leave the previous message in your response. If you send a PM without the previous message, we might not remember what your first PM was. We talk to more then just you, we can't remember everyone we talk to and what they said. So to make the process quicker, just hit quote, the write your responce.

Don't send a PM asking if you can do a source check, if the mod or vet doesn't want to do them, he/she should have it written in their signature. If you look at mine, it says, I don't answer none secure e-mails and don't ask me for a source.

JohnnyB

Nelstar is offline Member
    bump

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ..Thanks, Johnny B....I appreciate your posting this!!!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    to the top

tvd220 is offline Member
    well said johnnyb, you should call that "tvd220's Law"

Seajackal is offline Anabolic Member
    Well remembered JohnyB! It was said once in the past but the thread is old and lost!
    Nice to have your words in this subject Big Bro! Thanks

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Don't send a PM asking if you can do a source check, if the mod or vet doesn't want to do them, he/she should have it written in their signature. If you look at mine, it says, I don't answer none secure e-mails and don't ask me for a source.
    Maybe this is just my opinion, but I beleive that common sense dictates that source checks should always be done through secure email in order to protect the source. Possible exceptions are public sources (websites).

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Yeah and to add on, be patient waiting for a reply because our in boxes can be quite full. Even if you see by the read receipt that we have read it, we may be looking into matters so don't feel neglected or send us 1000pm asking the same thing. Be patient and your answers will come in time. thanks!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    Yeah and to add on, be patient waiting for a reply because our in boxes can be quite full. Even if you see by the read receipt that we have read it, we may be looking into matters so don't feel neglected or send us 1000pm asking the same thing. Be patient and your answers will come in time. thanks!
    Amen, sometimes I'll ask them to pm me in a couple of days, to remind me, at that time I'll let them know if I know anything or not.

JohnnyB

Thread Information