Tystick is offline Junior Member

Is there any alternative to Nolvadex?

I might be getting a little problem with the nips. I want to know if there is any OTC meds that I can use in place of Nolva. or Clomid.?

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    not really..some people use ZMA in place of clomid and Chrysin in place of nolva..but i say they are shit IMO

I use ZMA....no effect, or mabey its just water, due to the d-bol!

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Hey bud, I just put up a post about this one cause I ran out of Nolv and with things the way they are now, I didn't want to chance an order getting nabbed. I tried Chrysin after I read a reliable website, and found that it worked for my gyno, but only at high dosases.. Like 1000-2000mg a day. But got my gyno symptoms under control and trust me, I have a problem with gyno. Give it a shot, I did and it worked for me...

Thanks Sicilian30
    I have heard the same things about Chrysin. Now that I know it works I will use it Immediately.
    thanks again!!

For whoever is interested, I used Chrysin. It worked great! I started one week before my cycle ended. The puffy nips started to deflate after about three days. It was over the counter and not that expensive. I used around 1000mgs a day.

jamotech is offline Member

What about Proviron ?

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    depends on what you are taking...if its just test, then you have hope, if its deca , I dont think even nolva can help. Let us know how the chrysin helps out.
    -Cy

Ajax is offline Senior Member

Re: .

I would not trust any OTC supp. for preventing gyno; once you get it, the only treatment is to live with it or get it sugically removed. Get some Nolvadex and treat it! 80mg teh first day, 40mg ED untilthe symptoms subside and 20mg ED until yu start Clomid.

Originally posted by jamotech
    What about Proviron?
    Doesn't work to treat gyno. (And bad advice is worse than no advice--so if you aren't sure--don't answer!)

Proviron is an aromatase inhibitor like Arimidex and stops estrogen from forming. Once it's formed you need to block it fromthe estreogen receptors. Only Nolvadex does that well.

ALWAYS have Nolvadex on hand before you start a cycle. (Even if you use Arimidex/Proviron--the dose might be too low for you.)
    Last edited by Ajax; 05-16-2002 at 03:37 AM.

jamotech is offline Member

Re: Re: .

(And bad advice is worse than no advice--so if you aren't sure--don't answer!)

Ajax are you refering to my post asking "what about proviron ", I dont understand.
    Last edited by jamotech; 05-19-2002 at 10:25 AM.

Re: Re: .

Originally posted by Ajax
    I would not trust any OTC supp. for preventing gyno; once you get it, the only treatment is to live with it or get it sugically removed. Get some Nolvadex and treat it! 80mg teh first day, 40mg ED untilthe symptoms subside and 20mg ED until yu start Clomid.

Doesn't work to treat gyno. (And bad advice is worse than no advice--so if you aren't sure--don't answer!)

Proviron is an aromatase inhibitor like Arimidex and stops estrogen from forming. Once it's formed you need to block it fromthe estreogen receptors. Only Nolvadex does that well.

ALWAYS have Nolvadex on hand before you start a cycle. (Even if you use Arimidex/Proviron--the dose might be too low for you.)

Ajax is correct on this..nov will block but I do feel that arimidex is the best and for post I like HCG followed by clomid and still run arimidex all through cycle and past post cycle..JMO

tanto is offline Junior Member
    i disagree about proviron use as a antiestrogen,either aromatase inhibitor or estro blocker
    IMO it does have place as a hardening agent,but no antiestrogen

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by tanto
    i disagree about proviron use as a antiestrogen,either aromatase inhibitor or estro blocker
    IMO it does have place as a hardening agent,but no antiestrogen
    Well, we are all entitled to our opinions, but the fact is that it DOES work as an anti-estrogen. I have been using Proviron for two cycles now, quite successfully. Proviron is an estrogen inhibitor similar to Arimidex ; it's not an estrogen blocker like Nolvadex .

It's fine stuff and I personally think it's under-appreciated by BBers in general. For me, I get the same results as Arimidex at 1/4 of the cost.

From the AR Drug Profiles section:

You should be aware that Proviron is also an estrogen antagonist which prevents the aromatization of steroids. Unlike the antiestrogen Nolvadex which only blocks the estrogen receptors (see Nolvadex) Proviron already prevents the aromatizing of steroids. Therefore gynecomastia and increased water retention are successfully blocked. Since Proviron strongly suppresses the forming of estrogens no re-bound effect occurs after discontinuation of use of the compound as is the case with, for example, Nolvadex where an aromatization of the steroids is not prevented. One can say that Nolvadex cures the problem of aromatization at its root while Nolvadex simply cures the symptoms

Thread Information