Schwarz is offline Member

7 weeks in and injections are getting too painful help!!!!!!!!

I'm on week 7 of my first 13 week cycle and I'm having major problems injecting. My first 5-6 weeks shots went in like butter. Now I'm having serious problems!...it seems every time i go to shoot I can't even get the needle past the skin and it hurts like a bitch!! When I do manage to get it past the skin it hurts has I push it all the way in and it even hurts as I inject the AAS.

As I said for the first 5-6 weeks I didn't have any of this! Could I have built up scar tissue so quickly and what can I do about it? I am currently using quads and glutes for injections and each area gets injected every 2 weeks. Can anyone help!!!!!

Thanks

S

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    man up

Quote Originally Posted by MuckDog
    man up

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Try chaging the pin .....Im not sure I dont think scar tissue can build that fast... I have heard that freezing the pin makes injections less painful, im not sure though

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Try chaging the pin .....Im not sure I dont think scar tissue can build that fast... I have heard that freezing the pin makes injections less painful, im not sure though
    Sorry should have said I use a different pin to draw than I do to inject. I just don't get it sometimes I can't even get the pin to break the skin!!! and it hurts like a mofo!!!

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    are u sure your not injecting it in the bottom of your feet? there is no way your skin should be that tough if u are switching up like u said so often

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    It is probably all mental not physical but the only other thing I can think of off hand maybe you have an infection?? Does it hurt if you poke with your finger in that area? If not than you are being a wuss (no offense) but skin would have to be pretty weathered to not be able to stick a fresh pin through it.

Have you tried in a completely different place? Have you tried a different brand of needles. I know when I sometimes shoot with used crack needles they sting a little.

Oldman

are u sure your not injecting it in the bottom of your feet? there is no way your skin should be that tough if u are switching up like u said so often
    Muckdog I ain't stupid and i ain't lying either. I can't explain it either!!! It definetly doesn't go in and I am switching sites. U can read my cycle log in the "members cycle log" if you don't believe me!

S

Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    It is probably all mental not physical but the only other thing I can think of off hand maybe you have an infection?? Does it hurt if you poke with your finger in that area? If not than you are being a wuss (no offense) but skin would have to be pretty weathered to not be able to stick a fresh pin through it.

Have you tried in a completely different place? Have you tried a different brand of needles. I know when I sometimes shoot with used crack needles they sting a little.

Oldman
    Def ain't an infection coz it doesn't hurt if I press on it, it aint warm to the touch, no bumps or redness either. I ain't being a wuss either... trust me I sometimes push the needle in a good inch but it won't break the skin, then I move it like 1/2 inch up or down and it goes in but with some pain.

I'm using BD needles and syringes. Like I said for the first 5 weeks they worked fine. Why would they not work now??All my needles are used only once and I use a different needles to inject and draw. I am absolutely anal about hygiene so I would never reuse a needle let alone a crack needle!!!

I'm baffled!!

S

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    What size pin are you using? When you shoot, do you shoot in the same spot? My first cycle I did nothing but glute but never in the exact same spot. Yes, if you are hitting the same spot frequently the scar tissue will build up quick.

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    What size pin are you using? When you shoot, do you shoot in the same spot? My first cycle I did nothing but glute but never in the exact same spot. Yes, if you are hitting the same spot frequently the scar tissue will build up quick.
    To shoot I'm using 23g 1 1/4 inch. I'm spreading out the shots as well. I can't work it out!!!!

I train legs pretty hard...it's a long shot but could I have scar tissue from constant heavy training?

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz
    I train legs pretty hard...it's a long shot but could I have scar tissue from constant heavy training?
    IMO, I dont think so. Could it be in your mind? Stabbing yourself isnt the easiest thing in the world. Maybe your going slower and that makes it hurt more because your dragging the needle in.

IMO, I dont think so. Could it be in your mind? Stabbing yourself isnt the easiest thing in the world. Maybe your going slower and that makes it hurt more because your dragging the needle in.
    I honestly don't think so. I'm pretty confident now when I come to inject. As soon as it don't go in I just move a little and try again straight away. Nine times out of ten it goes in second time....

Funny thing is that even though I don't break the skin I still get a drop or two of blood. Just wondering could I have a build up of blood under the skin from a previous injection that's causing problems? I always aspirate and never got blood but once. But perhaps I'm hitting veins on the way in and then the blood build up under the skin and makes it harder to inject in that general area... I know I'm taking long shots here but I'm completely baffled here!!!!

S

RA
    I honestly don't think so. I'm pretty confident now when I come to inject. As soon as it don't go in I just move a little and try again straight away. Nine times out of ten it goes in second time....

Funny thing is that even though I don't break the skin I still get a drop or two of blood. Just wondering could I have a build up of blood under the skin from a previous injection that's causing problems? I always aspirate and never got blood but once. But perhaps I'm hitting veins on the way in and then the blood build up under the skin and makes it harder to inject in that general area... I know I'm taking long shots here but I'm completely baffled here!!!!

S
    Could be..you bleed lots after each shot?

Could be..you bleed lots after each shot?
    A couple of small drops of blood...Perhaps some deep tissue massaging will help. Anyone had this?

BOBBY D is offline Member
    A couple of small drops of blood...Perhaps some deep tissue massaging will help. Anyone had this?
    try to stick the fresh pin in as if u were going to throw a dart at a dart board, w/ similar quickness. it works for me & the pin goes in w/o pain. also try to let some liquid run down the needle to help lubricate the needle. hope that helps. roating sites is very important also: right thigh-left thigh, right shoulder-left shoulder. follow that pattern

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY D
    try to stick the fresh pin in as if u were going to throw a dart at a dart board, w/ similar quickness.
    People are always saying "push it in slow" I think thats BS. I do the dart board thing too and never have any problems.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    People are always saying "push it in slow" I think thats BS. I do the dart board thing too and never have any problems.
    Agreed. I am always calling bull shit on people saying "push nice and slow so you can feel a nerve"; feel a nerve?

Schwartz, change that pin... dart it in... it is just a blunt pin... if you stick a needle in your skin a few drops of blood will appear. Oh, and may the schwartz be with you.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey I was just J/K about the wuss thing .. This is very odd I hear what you are saying. Maybe just a dull batch of pins? I would never push them in I do like they say above and hold like you are throwing a dart and swift and quick.

It sounds like your skin has turned to leather or something, very odd I will be interested in how this get solved.

Oldman

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Hit a spot that you've never hit before and see how it goes. The vastus lateralis (the muscle you should be hitting on the thighs) is a very long muscle; lots of different spots to hit on that muscle. fyi: this muscle starts just to the inside of your leg by your knee but as it moves up it quickly wraps over to the front and then the outside of your leg. That said, the pictures over at spotinjections.com are a little bit too far to the outside of the leg for my taste.

paulzane is offline Productive Member

This made me laugh my socks off!!

Just jab the needle in as quickly as possible ..... right up to the hilt .... don't be a wuss

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Oh, and may the schwartz be with you.

Ahh, I noticed your schwartz is as big as mine.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm hoping it's just a bad batch of needles!!!!

BodyTalk is offline Junior Member
    man up
    This shit's chess, it ain't checkers

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Just remembered something.

Let the alcohol dry prior to doing the injection.

I've seen guys that never even thought to consider this. When they do their first injections, they are taking their time and the alcohol evaporates by the time they do the injection, anyway. Then they get more confident and do the whole procedure more quickly which doesn't give the alcohol a chance to dry.... and it might sting (hurt) because of that. Individual results will vary of course, but let the alcohol dry because that's the way the medical community and research says to do it.

lollipops is offline Associate Member
    you have to tough it out, this stuff is not easy

wrestler152 is offline Associate Member
    maybe you are pushing to slowly. When i first started i would literally jab it in as quick and hard as i could to get it overwith. Now i love seeing that thing slide in ever so slowly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else enjoy getting stuck??? maybe I'm weird.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I ject in a new siet man. Why only quads and glutes? Try tri's or bi's even chest or delts.

-Bino

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    To shoot I'm using 23g 1 1/4 inch. I'm spreading out the shots as well. I can't work it out!!!!

Try 25g. I used the 23g pin size ONCE and it hurt like a mofo for some reason. 25g slides in nice and easy and is absolutely painless

TCEL300 is offline Member
    try a 25 man...i hit my delts, and quads with em no prob

guildwars05 is offline Associate Member
    i do a 23 g for everything..at differnet sizes..

i suggest you stick it fast....aspriate..make sure no blood gets in.and push it thru nice and slow...even it out. also rotate your spots.....AND shoot in a different location on the same spots. for example..shoot your ass....when you get back to your ass..shoot the ass in a different location. give it some space. etc.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with the others on using a 25g..... it will create less scar tissue. Most likely that's your problem scar tissue. Also, use mor sites to inject into.

Also, it's best to push slowly. This will help you feel nerves and veins, and also it will be less trauma to the injection site. Don't do that dart method as the others have mentioned. I have done hundreds of injections this way.

RoidGut is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I agree with the others on using a 25g..... it will create less scar tissue. Most likely that's your problem scar tissue. Also, use mor sites to inject into.

Also, it's best to push slowly. This will help you feel nerves and veins, and also it will be less trauma to the injection site. Don't do that dart method as the others have mentioned. I have done hundreds of injections this way.
    Thank god a mod chimed in with this. I have always done my injections slowly...I never jab the damn thing in. I can't say how many times this has saved my life in terms of hitting a nerve...especially in quad shots.

I respect other ppls methods tho...guess if you like jabbing it in quick and it works for you, then go for it. But I prefer to go in nice and slow and feel my way in.

As for the original question, I have had the exact problems you described. I just move the pin over slightly and try again in a different spot....9 times out of 10 this works ok. There was one time tho I was trying to do a quad shot and for some reason I could not manage to get the pin past the skin. It stung really bad so I had to switch to the other leg and shoot. Next day I tried that same leg again and it went like butter. I truly beleive you may have had a dull pin cuz that happens from time to time.

THEjuiceISloose73 is offline Associate Member
    glutes and quads lets use all hte muscles of the body
    pecs traps bi tri calve lat delt common if u got scar tissue or they just are sore from it do something new

chest6 is offline Banned
    2 words..rotate sites...i found that delts, quads and glutes work fine.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Buy a new batch of needles. A sharp needle will go in nice and slow and you will never feel it. A dull one is a bummer, you can actually see the skin indent before it puntctures.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by RoidGut
    Thank god a mod chimed in with this. I have always done my injections slowly...I never jab the damn thing in. I can't say how many times this has saved my life in terms of hitting a nerve...especially in quad shots.

I respect other ppls methods tho...guess if you like jabbing it in quick and it works for you, then go for it. But I prefer to go in nice and slow and feel my way in.

FYI-if you ever watch a nurse give a shot, they dont do it slow...

grimnlock is offline Associate Member
    Schwarz... perhaps when u happen to use fresh needles,
    They are just too dry... not lubed enough...
    Try squeezing couple of drops out of the syringe...
    Let it drip down the needle... tilt up and down so
    The oil droplet lubes the whole needle...
    Just my 2cents

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    FYI-if you ever watch a nurse give a shot, they dont do it slow...
    Agreed RA, I was a medic in the army... no slow. I have gotten shots from nurses... no slow. Only time a doc, thats right a doc, went slow was shooting near my spine.

Why would healthcare across this country be wrong? All of them? In short if you want to go slow I think you have more of a chance in your mind to think you are hitting something when in actuallity you are not... If you are injecting in the proper spots you will have astronomical odds on not hitting a nerve. Now for feeling a vein. Sorry there are no nerves in veins, if you go through them, which happens, you do not know until you are done with the injection(ie. blood after pulling out). There you have it.

Thread Information