Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    system admin is offline Owner

Exclamation What would you do to make us a BETTER MESSAGE BOARD?

I WOULD LIKE THE INPUT OF OUR MEMBERS
    This is your chance to have a say in how AR / Steroid .com is run and how it moves forward! Please let us know your ideas. We will take them all very seriously and will use them to move AR into the future.

The growth of AR has become tremendous lately! We have so many visitors and new members each day that I feel it may be time to restructure how we do things around here. I know that many people I talk to say that it can be very intimidating to join our message board because they dont want to be made fun of or get the dreaded "USE THE SEARCH!!!" phrase. (most everyone who first comes here doesnt even know where the search button is, so why yell that to them??) We are a wealth of information, but are we using it to educate the people around the world to the best of our abilties?

1. What rules would you have in place for the other members?
    2. What type of environment would you like to see throught the message board?
    3. What would you change on AR? (RIGHT NOW)
    4. What do you like about AR?
    5. What do you NOT like?

In getting your feed back, I would also like to get your opinion on our staff or potential staff. These are the people you should look to for information and guidance.

1. What do you think the criteria should be to become a mod and vet here? Be specific.
    2. What do you expect out of your staff? Be specific.
    3. What do you think will make a sucessfull team to help the present and future members of AR?

You input is welcome and important . Please use this time to give us your thoughts but do NOT take advantage of this thread to take shots at members of your board or staff. It will not be tolerated here or elsewhere. Thanks!
    If I have left anything out... please bring it up in discussion.

BC

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    I would have to say that a way it could improve for members would be to have more of the red meat type stuff. An example would be the scammer forum, that was really helpful. You can never keep up with all of them but that was a good resource. If we could figure out ways to keep track of sources in good standing and then let the appropriate people know, it would be a great benefit.

I know that maybe opposite of what the board was designed for or wants to be about. Just my .02

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    1. What rules would you have in place for the other members?Limit attack threads, they can get out of hand, and yes I know I have participated.
    2. What type of environment would you like to see throught the message board?Helpful, informative, and open for discussion.
    3. What would you change on AR? (RIGHT NOW)
    4. What do you like about AR?
    5. What do you NOT like?

In getting your feed back, I would also like to get your opinion on our staff or potential staff. These are the people you should look to for information and guidance.

1. What do you think the criteria should be to become a mod and vet here? Be specific.Experience, quality advice, and willingness to discuss issues.
    2. What do you expect out of your staff? Be specific.Experience or fact based advice.I would like to see some of the staff settle their personal differences in private and not argue in forum.
    3. What do you think will make a sucessfull team to help the present and future members of AR?Thus far Bryan I feel you have an excellent staff and feel that with some additional staff to handle all the traffic AR has a very bright future.

I would like to say also that I like the idea, fronted by Hooker, of a blind forum for supplier discussion with mods/smods.
    BC
    Thanks for allowing our input Bryan.
    Last edited by shortie; 10-18-2005 at 10:06 AM.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    yeah i agree i think there should be a scammer forum, a chat area would be cool too, other then that this board gets two thumbs up

no i was thinking like a chat room

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I will probably get flamed on this but one thing I notice on here is the AR Lounge is way at the bottom and more non-steroid type questions get put in this forum rather than the lounge since more people know that it will get read here.

I think that when a thread pops up that is not related to this and is not helping others by being posted in this area should be moved to the AR Lounge or if it is a diet thread it should be moved. I know this is a pain but it keeps the BS threads where they belong which is the Lounge or ??

We all love to hear about Ronnie Cutler and Jay Coleman ( ) but that is a Lounge topic not a Steroid Question topic.

I also think think that SwoleCat needs to change his AV since it makes the rest of us look like shit J/K

Oldman

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    oh, ok. I am an old cuss and thought they were the exact same thing.
    haha its all good, a chat room would be like an im enviroment where people could sign on and basically talk to everyone in the chat room like an im, the only problem i could see with it is that it would invite scammers,i think if one was to be created someone would have to reach a certain number of posts before they would be allowed on it

This WILL and has brought in scammers in the past. We tried this back in the day.

thanks for the input Shortie, Diezell, and Oldman. (I am all for making sure threads go where they should. This thread is the exception though.. LOL

bc

alo5603 is offline Member
    hmmm, yeah a chat room sounds like a good idea. If possible, i would love to see that installed.

alo

Again, this was a bad idea due to the scamming. There was no way to controll it. Bc

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    <quote>shortie 1. What rules would you have in place for the other members?Limit attack threads, they can get out of hand, and yes I know I have participated. </quote>

I have to agree with this also. Not everyone knows all the in's and outs of this stuff and I know I lurked for a while before my first post because I did not want to look stupid.. well anymore stupid than I am.

I think some people come here asking truly Dumb questions and that is going to happen but if they get bashed that might keep someone else from signing up and posting.

Oldman

This is something that am I 100% focused on. Everyone deserves the chance to get good advice. We will know after a few posts if the guy doesnt really want to help himself. Until then, I would like to see the board be more positive and helpful to "dumb newbies". Bc

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    it`s a good idea 2 talk live with other members at the same time it will allow alote of us 2 express a better ideas go with chate room

Chat room is out due to the past trouble. I am willing to listen to members, but this is not in your best interest. Sorry. Bc

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    I would have to say that a way it could improve for members would be to have more of the red meat type stuff. An example would be the scammer forum, that was really helpful. You can never keep up with all of them but that was a good resource. If we could figure out ways to keep track of sources in good standing and then let the appropriate people know, it would be a great benefit.

I know that maybe opposite of what the board was designed for or wants to be about. Just my .02
    Yes, it is.

Unfortunately, this idea requires a staff of guys who "play ball" and "tow the line" with regards to being "members of the community." If the focus here is on providing top notch AAS info, then all the gossip mongering, vet-forum-hanging-out that needs to be participated in by staff just isn't worth it. To have an up to date and 100% accurate scammer forum, a staff needs to be at the hub of rumours, and at the information epicenter of the boards. This, unfortunately, will lead into board politics and carrying favor with regards to "you made me a vet where you mod, I'll make you one at steroid .com"...and I feel this board need not participate in that sort of thing. We're above it. Or we will be, if we aren't already.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    agree about the scamming forum idea. It was a great resource on how to avoid scammer's for new/existing members. Updates on busts could also be posted in their. Will not have chat room.

Another idea is to have temporary forums created for major events. Such as 'The Olympia' and other sports events (World Cup, Super Bowl or the Presidential Election). This is a good idea, but can be created in a forum specifically created for these events. bc

The cycles suggestions on the main page need updating, along with side effects, detection times etc... This is being done as we speak! We are investing upwards in the amount 50K on the new website and most info will be new and current! bc

The ability for senior members to have signatures. We, can think about this, but need to control allowing URL's to be posted to other websites. bc

Tighter rules on avatar pictures. Some are disgusting and other's are disrespectful to the female members. (not against all of them though... ) This WILL be taken care of and will be one of the first rules applied. bc

I'll try think of some more...

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Yes, it is.

Unfortunately, this idea requires a staff of guys who "play ball" and "tow the line" with regards to being "members of the community." If the focus here is on providing top notch AAS info, then all the gossip mongering, vet-forum-hanging-out that needs to be participated in by staff just isn't worth it. To have an up to date and 100% accurate scammer forum, a staff needs to be at the hub of rumours, and at the information epicenter of the boards. This, unfortunately, will lead into board politics and carrying favor with regards to "you made me a vet where you mod, I'll make you one at steroid.com"...and I feel this board need not participate in that sort of thing. We're above it. Or we will be, if we aren't already.
    Its a great board. Very hard to improve being the best. That being said your argument seems to be predicated on the fact that there HAS to be a corrupt mod. Im thinking if someone is here long enough to be a mod that he is well known and they are less likely to be corrupt. Again, I could be wrong. Not speaking for Hooker, but I think he is saying that the person(s) running the scammers board can be swayed by getting paid... OR, rumors can be created to help or hurt someone and it can be very hard to prove what is or is not true. I have opted to NOT have a scammers board due to those facts. Bc

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    I'd like to see Adequan sold on AR...I know this is mostly about the forums, but this might be my only time to get someone w/authority to listen. Couldn't it be sold on this site for 'research' too, like the other 'not for human consumption' substances?

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    since this message board is directly linked to steroid .com there are millions of the same threads asking the same questions. i love helping ppl out but its just getting ridiculous. We have hundreds of new people who register every few days... it is inevitable that the same questions will be asked. Best thing to do if you get burnt out is to ignore it. bc

AR t-shirts too I have said this before also, but YES!! They are coming (for real this time) BC

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I think a live chat room would be good because it would able some of the minor questions to be answered there and keep them from clutering up the threads.

A way to combat scammers would be to eliminate key words that a scammer might use. Things like email address, phone numbers, prices, basicaly any key information.

The mod that I personaly would single out has to be the Swolecat. He has a vast knowledge of just about everything. Just one thing though I agree with Oldman that Swole needs to change the AV as he is correct in saying it makes the rest of us look like crap

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Maybe we should have a Newbie Forum. As for criteria to becoming a vet/mod I would like to know what the current criteria is myself.

Criteria on what it takes to become a staff member WILL BE created and stated for all to see. That is one of the reasons this thread is being started.

bc

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    1. Scammer forum. NO
    2. Reputable source list. NO WAY we will list sources. bc

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i can't contribute any new ideas to AR, i like it the way it is, decent advice and a good atmosfere. alot of great bro's here to debate/chat with.

-rodge

Thanks Rodge but COME'ON!! hahah You have to have something you would like to see changed for the better? BC

charlieuk is offline Junior Member
    First and foremost, this forum is a lifesaver, quite literally for 1000's of people, so thanks to all the mod and vets who do such a great job.

I have a couple of gripes, most are fairly obvious and I don't have an answer to all of them but........

I'd naturally like to see newbies do more searching and as a result I think that new people on the board should not be allowed to make a post for a short amount of time.....say a week. I know this will put some people off, but it might encourage them to read the board for a week and find the infamous 'search' button. It would have the added benefit of stopping idiots who come to the board with nothing better to do than causing trouble.

My only other gripe is this :- I have been a member for about 2 years and read the forum daily, but don't feel the need to post that often. I have only one cycle under my belt and can therefore only comment on that one cycle.
    The beauty of a forum like this is that you can learn from other peoples real world experiences, there are no clinical studies on steroid use in humans, so we do it ourselves and post the results, good or bad. BUT, people join the board and within no time and made 250 posts, just repeating what they have read in other threads with no experience of their own. This can be a real problem. Lots of people do it. If you read the forum everyday, it's easy to spot. I don't know how to fix this....

Apart from that....thanks for all the good work. It's without doubt the best board I've found.

Its very hard to stop this. Some people find some interesting guys in the forum or wherever and end up with many posts... others just like to see their post count go up... A members credability should not be based on his number of posts, but the quality of those posts. The search feature is a good tool, but only if you explain to the new members how to use it and what it is good for. Some times, it is a simple question that we see all the time that could help the guy with a quick answer. If people dont like to see or answer the same questions, its easy to move on the the next one. I do think it would be best if we EXPLAINED the search feature because it is not as easy to the member who has never been to a board. Bc

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    This site is great, but a few improvements could be a better layout of the site with the same information. When someone logs onto the site, they would be directed to one page with most recent posts available on that page so you could click right into that thread and read it. Maybe implement more features for members. One feature that I thought was cool that I saw on bodybuilding.com was it shows whos birthday for each member of the site. Also I notice alot of members use this site for different purposes. Like if you go in the political forum, I hardly ever see those guys post anywhere else. It's almost like it's a different site. Possibly structure this better. Just throwing out a few ideas. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the input.. it will be noted Bc

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    we need a frequently asked question area for all the questions that get asked 100 times a day.
    can u drink winny? what size of pin do i need? sides of each major compound like test tren deca and so on? ways to combat acne. among alot of others. i would also like to see the post whore threads stopped when i used to ask for info i would check a persons post count now a person can be here a short time and work up to 1000 posts in no time. u could also eliminate some of the forums that are never used.
    Fantastic Idea! Bc
    Last edited by edmen2; 10-18-2005 at 01:09 PM.

Chris_ATV is offline Junior Member
    Would there be a way to make a new member have a 7 day waiting period before posting, or maybe he has to click on at least a certain number of threads before he has the ability to post. This may make people a little more educated before they post. Many, many people do not sign up for a while and take the time to learn... to punish those people for a week would not be fair ( I dont think ) bc

Just noticed that had already been suggested, well what if you had to take a test to be able to become a member with posting rights, and make it basic questions about the search feature and what is required for PCT, and what certain compounds do. This is a good idea, but would take a lot of people to make this happen. bc
    Last edited by Chris_ATV; 10-18-2005 at 01:50 PM.

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    also i think the repeated questions should be banned or deleted bcoz this will help any 1 going 2 do search for any question he has bcoz as i c the board is full of more than 600 page that contains alote of similar questions with the same ans so i think their is no need for all of those questions bcoz they gonna harm more than being usefull

This would be very difficult to do with so many members posting.

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    A better outline for Newbies would help.. more stickys maybe ----it is hard for a newbie such as myself to come in here and find information i have done searches and read losts of newbie info and it can lead to a lot of confusion -- and as you know if you ask a question that seem meaningless to a long term member he will flame or ignore....

We believe we have a solution to this. bc

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    And im not complaining i love this site i have learned so much and thanks to all who do help

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    What would be good to have is a section on the forum which is "Body" oriented. Showing all muscle groups, simple body biology, what's actually happening when an injection goes wrong, etc. Showing pictures or moving pictures, animations, etc. I know this probably would be difficult, i just thought i would mention it as i can never find anything good like this on the net which is linked with AAS.
    Last edited by MatrixGuy; 10-18-2005 at 02:35 PM.

TRICK is offline Associate Member
    we already have an open forum, its based on the title of a particular post. we're able to chime in on a number of topics (read open forums) one after another.

as for a newbie forum, its not needed. these topics are cyclical, just look through the past threads. prop pain, gyno symptoms, how to open an amp all have been asked over and over and over again, going back to the begining all the way through to today. I agree but the idea we have will work wonders... you'll see bc

even the members change, some people simply fall off the face of the earth.
    so the people who are annoyed by the newbie questions may not even be around by spring.

i may go weeks without responding to a post or i may respond 30 times in a 24 hour period. this forum and the information contained within is one of the best on the net. the haters will hate but the numbers don't lie. 100% true.. we just want to make it easier for newbies to learn. Give them a place to learn the basics without getting hazed... also a place we can refer them to when the dreaded "can I drink winny" question occurs. Bc

i personally woudn't change anything about this site, but i'm obviously in the minority.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_ATV
    Would there be a way to make a new member have a 7 day waiting period before posting, or maybe he has to click on at least a certain number of threads before he has the ability to post. This may make people a little more educated before they post. Many, many people do not sign up for a while and take the time to learn... to punish those people for a week would not be fair ( I dont think ) bc

Just noticed that had already been suggested, well what if you had to take a test to be able to become a member with posting rights, and make it basic questions about the search feature and what is required for PCT, and what certain compounds do. This is a good idea, but would take a lot of people to make this happen. bc

Although it would be very difficult to test every new member...Why not play off this idea and have a test that you can take to become something like a "Certified Member." A somewhat complicated take that should show some in depth knowledge of AAS use and responsibility. This would be one way for new members to distinguish the info they are recieving, rather than looking at post count, which is really just a number based on how much free time someone has. Im sure Hooker could some up with something pretty difficult, lol... This is supposed to be fun remember... not a shitty highschool test Bc

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    it's hard to think of improvements for this sight. it's the best. as is, keep the sources off this board as it makes it a safer place for everyone to learn. i like hookers idea though, have a section where we can post source checks and questions for the mods and vet's to see ONLY. this will cut down on their job of answering all those damn pms they get.

Perhaps this will work.. will think on it Bc

bigJJ is offline Member
    I'm also intrigued by the idea of having "certified members". Sort of an addition to the hierarchy.
    Last edited by bigJJ; 10-18-2005 at 08:20 PM.

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    How about an article of the week for (or day if there are enough good ones), that is AAS specific. You could also expand it to an article of the week for each relevant forum i.e., diet, training, etc. Each article would be something solid and well researched. That those in charge of the site determined to be quality, educational or necessary to share for any other reason. Lots of good links are given on the site, but sometimes these great tips are lost in the shuffle of posts.

This might also help keep the info fresh on this site.

Other than that this site is addicting as hell for a reason. It's awesome.

This idea will be implemented on the front of the site and perhaps we can move it into the forums as well... or link from one to the other.. Nice idea. Bc

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    bump

Blog Entries
    everything about AR is great. Tons of info and knowledgable bros. Best on the net.. Like someone has said, it is addicting. The research store is top-notch. I would love to see shirts, hats, etc. Maybe giveaways. Ooo, maybe have weekly or monthly contests with the members. I am sure something could be set up with AR-R to give out freebies for contest winners Oh buddy, THAT could be cool.
    Shirts ARE ON THE WAY... No shit.. I promise LOL Our sponsors will be more involved and we may start contests weekly or monthly... Bc

spud is offline Junior Member
    I come to this forum mostly to research. There is such a wealth of experience and knowledge here that I can easily find my answers just by using the search button.
    My absolute favorite part is the "Profiles" section. Hooker's contributions are head and shoulders above the other boards. Information is power and there is a lot of power here! If anything, you should capitalize on that information.

I'd like to see a scammers sub-forum along with a newbies sub-forum. Hookers source check idea is a pretty good one.

One thing I don't like is that there is a sense of superiority some members present that turns off newbies. I must have lurked for a year before I was ready to post here. This place should be welcoming and there should be a concerted effort to help the new members.

I just counted 44 sub-forums and I realize I've probably never visited almost all of them. Do we really need so many? Some only have a few threads. Streamlining would be helpful. Like putting all the sports together. Or lifting techniques with workout questions.

I hope this helps!

spud

Spyder is offline Member
    This forum is GOLD compared to all the other forums. I think the front page of the site could look better though.

The front page of this site will be 100% REDONE in a few weeks! Please look forward to that guys!

Bc

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    how about a once a year bbq

great way to see who is exaggarating theyre gains

-rodge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information