Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor

Order stuck in Customs?!

My source has a gauranteed shipping option which I always use. This way the order will be shipped domestic instead of coming from another country. It costs more but no worries about customs. They screwed up my last order and sent it regular international USPS. I called today to inquire about my order and they told me what happened and gave me the tracking number. When I check on the USPS site it says it arrived in Chicago Customs on the 15th.

My source said if I don't get it, they will reship domestic. They also said I may get a letter saying it was confiscated. Of course, Im little worried about this. Anybody know how long things normally sit in customs? If it is confiscated, am I in trouble? I know that if it does make it here I won't sign for it. I'll just deny all knowledge of the shipment.

If it is confiscated, do I need to worry about future domestic orders also?

Thanks for advice guys. This really pisses me off because my previous orders were soo smooth.

big_C is offline Member
    You'll get a letter, don't respond to anything in it. It's gone, you won't see it. Your name is on a list somewhere like all our names are. Don't worry, they aren't knocking on the door, you don't know nothin', and never ordered anything!!

If you do get a notice that your shipment has been seized do not respond to the letter(I know from expirience). All it states is that if you want to claim your package you will have a limited time and they'll give you a number to call. Consider it a loss.

Thread Information