rylly41 is offline Associate Member

Difference in Deca

Whats the difference between NANDROLONE DECANOATE and NANDROLONE PHENYLPROPIONATE, apparently the latter is 'fast acting'. Does this also mean it leaves your body quicker?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Yes...you don't have to wait the 3 weeks for PCT like you would with regular ol' deca .

~Pinnacle~

would you suggest one over the other?

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    the difference between the two is simply the esters as one is faster acting than the other. it's like comparing me and pinnacle, i'm deconate as i tend to last longer and he's phenyl as he finishes fast.......right PINN??

Bring it

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ..NPP isn't as messy to work with IMO.....
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

how often would i have to inject NANDROLONE PHENYLPROPIONATE. The half life is 1 day, compared to 6 days for regular Deca .

ipo
    ipo is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rylly41
    how often would i have to inject NANDROLONE PHENYLPROPIONATE. The half life is 1 day, compared to 6 days for regular Deca.
    I'm in week 3 of a 5 week cycle. I am injecting 200 MG twice per week, sunday and wednesday.

Nick

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rylly41
    how often would i have to inject NANDROLONE PHENYLPROPIONATE. The half life is 1 day, compared to 6 days for regular Deca.
    Steroid Ester half-lives:

Formate1.5 days
    Acetate 3 days
    Propionate 4.5 days
    Phenylpropionate 4.5 days
    Butyrate 6 days
    Valerate 7.5 days
    Hexanoate 9 days
    Caproate 9 days
    Isocaproate 9 days
    Heptanoate 10.5 days
    Enanthate 10.5 days
    Octanoate 12 days
    Cypionate 12 days
    Nonanoate 13.5 days
    Decanoate 15 days
    Undecanoate 16.5 days

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Not sure where the above chart came from. The esters appear to be in the right order, but I don't agree with the stated half-lives.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Eggz I got the same list, but I believe it is an active life list not half life. Half lives are roughly half of the times stated.

Quote Originally Posted by mranak
    Not sure where the above chart came from. The esters appear to be in the right order, but I don't agree with the stated half-lives.
    http://www.getswole.com/anabolics/half-life.html

Not to pick on you bro, because I agree with you up until now 100%, but if you notice on you link they list those as "active half lives" not half lives-The difference is that a half life is just that, the amount of time it takes to half the quantity, active life is considered to be two half lives.

Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    Not to pick on you bro, because I agree with you up until now 100%, but if you notice on you link they list those as "active half lives" not half lives-The difference is that a half life is just that, the amount of time it takes to half the quantity, active life is considered to be two half lives.
    If I ever feel picked on I'll let you know. It hasn't happened yet.

Since you have defined "Half-life" and "Active-life" would you define "Active half-life" for me as I'm obviously missing something here.

TIA ... ~eGGz~

I'm assuming that they are mixing the two terms, I will throw out a quote here from William Llewelln
    " Understanding Drug Half-Lives - by William Llewellyn
    There are a number of factors that can affect the potency of a particular drug compound. One such factor, and perhaps one of the most important, is the half-life of the agent. In medicine, the term half-life refers to the duration it takes for half of a given drug dosage to break down in the body. It is not half of the total activity time, as this figure always refers to the time it takes to metabolize 50% of what is in still the body. For example, if we inject 100mg a steroid with a half-life of 4 hours, at the four-hour mark we should have only 50mg left as active. After another four hours have passed the drug is still in the body, however another half-life has expired and the total active dosage will be around 25mg. It may take several half-lives before the drug is completely inactive."

Thanks shortie, I do understand the concept and definition of the term "half-life." What I'm uncertain about is the term "active half-life."

After looking around a bit I keep finding the same information. Here's three sites all using the terminology "Active Half-Life."

http://www.british-bodybuilding.co.uk/Half_Life.shtml

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-...-half-life.asp

http://www.getswole.com/anabolics/half-life.html

Each site explains half-lives in a similar fashion and does not make a distinction between "active half-life" and "half-life."

I could understand one site making a mistake by mixing the two terms, but three makes me uncertain.

I would love to know; what is the definitive half-life vs. active half-live difference.

Anyone care to shed some light on this question?

I can't see any difference in "Half Life" or "Active Half Life".Why would a half life differ from active half life?A half life would be the same as active half life.There is no difference unless I'm missing something here.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I can't see any difference in "Half Life" or "Active Half Life".Why would a half life differ from active half life?A half life would be the same as active half life.There is no difference unless I'm missing something here.

~Pinnacle~
    Thank you kind sir.

Total respect ~eGGz~

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle

~Pinnacle~
    Wouldnt Deca 's half life be its detection time, or how long it in one's body. Like its half life can be up to 18 months. And its active half life is how long its active in ones blood, 18 days?

Thats what I thought it was....

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    Wouldnt Deca 's half life be its detection time, or how long it in one's body. Like its half life can be up to 18 months. And its active half life is how long its active in ones blood, 18 days?

Thats what I thought it was....
    No bro..you are getting things all mixed up.Detection time has nothing to do with active lives or half lives.That would be just how long residues of a drug could be detected.Like if you were to take cocaine for an example.You'd be under the influence for a few hours,but the drug could be detected in your body after many days,but you wouldn't be getting effects from the drug.That make sense to you?

~Pinnacle~

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    It does.

Nice exmple. I'd be off my nut if it was active the length of days its detected.

Thread Information