McBain is offline Member

Here's the answer for all teens wondering if juicing is safe for them

I originally posted this on another teen board I post on and figured it could do some good here as there definitely has been an increase in teens wanting to juice lately (as summer is coming and sadly this will be the motive behind many taking the plunge).

If you are curious as to why taking steroids or Prohormones as a teenager is more dangerous here is your answer. As a teenagers your testosterone levels are already elevated.

Just for the sake of explaining this lets say the average teen has testosterone levels of 60, and an adult has levels of 40. Now when your testosterone levels are up around 60 you can experience acne, gyno, and hair growth, as all teenagers know. For each person the level of testosterone it takes to see side effects varies and there are drugs to prevent the side effects; however since your testosterone levels are up around 60 they are more unstable than the 40. So say you take 200mg/test per week and an adult takes 200mg/test per week your test levels might be around 80, while an adult might be around 60. At 80 you are more likely to see side effects than 60, hence why it is more dangerous for teens to take anything that might boost their testosterone levels.

In addition to all this testosterone supplementation can cause "crashes" that can lead to psychological problems. As a teen most do not know who they are and are not as rational as an adult (generally). So a teen would not be able to deal with the problems as well as an adult (generally).

Testosterone is also a CNS stimulant, so can cause side effects such as anxiety. As a teen, since your body is still developing, the side effects of anxiety can be _permanent_. There is a moderator on anabolicreview that took steroids starting at 16 or 17. Around 23 or 24 I believe he started experiencing panic attacks. He is now on paxil (a prescription medicine used to treat anxiety disorders) for the rest of his life. The doctor said they often see cases of people coming in around mid twenties with anxiety disorders that juiced at an early age. While the connection between early juicing and anxiety orders is not clearly documents there seems to be substantial evidence to suggest there is a connection. Will it happen to everyone? Of course not, but the risk is there.

Since your endocrine system is still developing during the teen years any AAS (steroids) or prohormones can potentially have a PERMANENT effect on your endocrine system. Some of the effects can include, lower testosterone production (for life), and impotency.

Post cycle crashes are also very common due to the fluxuations in hormone levels. This can lead to serious depression, even if you are a happy go lucky kind of guy. Everyone reacts differently, hence why it is a good idea to start off on a very mild cycle (no more than 350mg/test per week, and if you are a teen I would say no more than 200mg/test per week). Of course for a teen it would be best to take something like primo or anavar as these are the safest; however if you choose to add test make sure the doses are kept low.

Anymore questions let feel free to ask. Hope this answered your questions.

(As a side note PH's are crap. Stay away from them. They are side effects in a bottle. Their aromatization to estrogen is often much higher than actuall steroids and the PH's won't even yield good results. Basically PH's are a waste of time and money and could possibly be riskier than taking a mild steroid ).

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    also dont forget as a teen it can fuse your growth plates closed earlier than expected causing stunted growth

McBain is offline Member
    haha can't believe I forgot that one that's the one most ask about, Thanks Demented

mattg78 is offline Junior Member
    What kind of side effects can be noticed if I start my first cycle with some test/200mg week for 5 weeks. I am 20 years old, 167 pounds, wrestler, 5'8, and I have been working out hard for 5 years now. With such low dosages and a short period for taking it, the side effects have to be at minimium? I don't really care about acne or puffyness, I just don't want any unwanted GYNO (it ?may? be possible with this cycle, but I plan to take some Clomid afterwards). Just asking and I would appreciate all the help. Thanks guys. Great Post!

NightOp is offline Member
    mattg78.. i would hold off and do more research. If you don't want gyno then be sure to have liquidex/arimidex at a low dose run through the cycle if you do it (which once again I don't suggest you cycle now) and nolvadex on hand in case symptoms of gyno start. READ READ READ

Thread Information