jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member

Shortness Of Breath, Tight Chest. Help!

anyway i posted a thread last night about regarding my head feeling pressurized inthe hours following my workouts. im on the second week of my first cycle of test e at 500mg/week. anyway when i went to bed last night my head still felt like it was full of pressure and as i laid down i noticed a had shortness of breath the whole night and my chest is also tight as well. im freakin out here cause its also felt like my heart is doing crazy things. my diet is spot on. i was wondering if all this stuff is normal. im thinking about aborting this cycle all together. id rather train natural without feeling this then putting on more muscle quicker but feeling like shit. any thoughts guys. thanks in advance.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    What is your BP?

Is this your first cycle?

Are you anxiety prone?

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like anxiety about doing the gear bro! Trust your judgement though, gear just is NOT for everybody!

MJ

jdh
    my normal bp is always around 120/80. i havent checked it , which i have to do today, but im guessing its above normal. based on posts others on this board with high bp they get a pounding headache, something i dont have. so im sure its probably higher but not overly high. this is my first cycle. as far as anxiety, maybe a little. when my heart starts acting crazy and i got this shortness of breath, yes i definately freak out. i dont want to kill myself id much rather ditch the cycle then do that.

Describe your cycle for us.

jdh
    well im doing 500mg test e a week. injecting mondays and thursdays. i started last monday so today will be my 4th injection. i actually started last week with 20mg of dbol a day and also 400mg of eq/week. i was misinformed by others and the dbol started jacking with me as well, so i took some better advice and dropped the dbol and eq and decided to run test only for my first cycle. ive also been taking 20mg of nolvadex eod to keep down bloat.

Nolvadex is to combat gyno issues, for bloat I use a-dex @ .25mg ED

The Test E hasn't even really started to take effect yet. 4-6 weeks for Test E to "kick in"

Last monday was 4 days ago, why are you on your 4th injection ?

How exactly was the dbol "jacking with you" after 4 days ?

jdh
    last monday , meaning not this past monday, but monday last week. i started taking the dbol 40mgs/day based on some advice i had. after posting on here some said to drop it to 20mgs and others said drop it completely. the dbol had my bp up there , my head would pound and i felt like i was going to pass out while working out. ok , i just checked my bp at the store. it was 149/79. last week it was 129/80. like i said , its always about 120/80 for my whole life. the cuffs at the store say that they might be slightly off if your arm is bigger then 13 inches. so how off they are i dont know, but its still higher then normal. so you dont think the test could be having any effect on my yet? could it be the nolvadex ?

ZIA1 is offline New Member
    JDH, sounds like you may be anxious about your 1st cycle. I know the feeling. I did sus 250 my first go and the moment that 1st dart when in I was convinced that I was already feeling the sides...it's all in your head. Use your gear wisely. 500 sounds good and moderate. Test will not hurt you. Remember, its already naturally in you. Just take it easy, enjoy your workouts, and be at peace with the fact that you are experiencing your 1st cycle. Keep posting and you'll probably feel better.

jdh
    cool. can anxiety alone raise your bp? the thing i dont get is the tightness in my chest and the shortness of breath i experienced last night. i dont really have a problem sticking myself either, it dont hurt a bit. i dont know whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    last monday , meaning not this past monday, but monday last week. i started taking the dbol 40mgs/day based on some advice i had. after posting on here some said to drop it to 20mgs and others said drop it completely. the dbol had my bp up there , my head would pound and i felt like i was going to pass out while working out. ok , i just checked my bp at the store. it was 149/79. last week it was 129/80. like i said , its always about 120/80 for my whole life. the cuffs at the store say that they might be slightly off if your arm is bigger then 13 inches. so how off they are i dont know, but its still higher then normal. so you dont think the test could be having any effect on my yet? could it be the nolvadex?
    The test can be having some effect, it just is not up to full strength and won't be for 4-6 weeks.

Your blood pressure will generally increase a bit when on cycle, 149/79 is not something that I'd get worried about.

Either you are not cut out to do AAS, your system is hyper sensitive or you are just paranoid and are overreacting due to anxiety.

I'm guessing the latter but this is a call that only you can make.
    Last edited by eGGz; 10-20-2005 at 10:24 AM.

jdh
    is that slight increase in my bp enough to make my head feel like its undr pressure? i mean when i bend over and the blood starts flowing to my head it gets much worse. it could just be my mind. im gonna try and play it out and see how things go. im gonna relax and not think about it all the time

Sometimes when people start using AAS they also start becoming very aware of every rise and fall and every nuance of their physiology. It is conceivable that one would notice things that are always there but perceive them as something new just because they were not paying that close of attention before.

I'm not saying this is the case with you, just that this phenomena does occur.

Yes your body definately is going to undergo some serious physical changes. These are powerful compounds we are injecting. Yes you will notice these changes. Whether there is a problem or not is something that only you or your doctor can determine.
    Last edited by eGGz; 10-20-2005 at 10:32 AM.

jdh, sticking yourself is not the source of anxiety. Its in your mind...probably about using test. I'm sure you've read tons of material on test and there are always the articles with the terrible sides mentioned. Those things stay in your head. There is also the anticipation of how you will feel and the gains you will see. Its all connected to anxiety. Tightness of the chest (or a feeling of pressure..that something is sitting on your chest) is a very normal sign of anxiety...nothing to fear...control it with your mind. Shortness of breath can be caused from the fact that you feel the tightness and become more anxious. Just take it easy. If you feel it absolutely necessary, go to a doctor. You'll be fine. Really, just take it easy and enjoy your cycle.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Look up anxiety disorder, you will see that feeling of pressure and inability to breathe is a biggie, feels like the whole world is crashin in on your chest. I know my brother suffers from acute anxiety disorder-it can be a very powerful thing, and you can't just make it go away. But a limited amount of test like that for such a short period of time shouldn't be causing you probs like this, IMO.

BOBBY D is offline Member
    JDH listen to me. i am battling anxiety & panic attacks for the last 4yrs. i had it under control w/ paxil & xanax presribed. i have been off paxil for the last 2yrs but still carry some xanax w/ me at all times just in case i get a panic attack in the car or a local outing ITS A SCARY FEELING! the reason i am telling u this is because some ppl say that test. raises anxiety in some ppl when using it, but i never had any problem w/ test. (i thought i would being so prone to anxiety) giving me more panic attacks or anxiety then i would normally get. im telling u this because tightness of the chest & shortness of breath is caused by rapid heart beat cause by being over anxious. my advice to u is to go to the doctor & just tell him what ur syptoms r & he should prescribe .25mg or .5mg of xanax, that will help. sometimes i take a pill before i go to the gym cause sometimes i am so psycked up that i start getting nervous. ANYWAYS, i have so many other tricks that u wont believe will help u get over an anxiety attack & if u like u can send me a private message & i will help u out as much as i can. take care & calm down. check w/ ur doctor regardless if u get too worried. & anybody else that has panic problems, feel free to send me a message. GOOD LUCK.

BD
    Last edited by BOBBY D; 10-20-2005 at 10:57 AM.

jdh
    thanks for the reassuring posts guys, it helps alot. this is just new to me, ive never had a problem with anxiety in the past. and i can definately start to see that is probably whats going on. i find myself thinking about steroids 24hrs a day since i started. im not trying to its just pops up. anyway im going to take your guys advice and chill out. im going to read up on anxiety. i can actually get ahold of some xanax and paxil. should i try one out and see how i feel? it wont interact with nolvadex or arimidex will it? bobby im going to shoot you a pm.

jdh, I agree with the Xanax use but talk to a doctor and try it by yourself before you start with Xanax. A friend once told me: "if you feel anxiety approaching let it approach. Let it do what it needs to and tell it 'ok, do what you need, hurry up, I have a day to continue with'". This shit helps. Panic and/or anxiety, if it occurs, is actually very fast...comes on fast and leaves fast...its the FEAR of more anxiety which causes you to be anxious again...it'll pass.

If you are experiencing anxiety for the first time and it has not been a problem in the past, then I would stay away from xanax or any other drugs of that type. You could very easily be able to control your anxiety without any additional chemicals. If you have tried and failed to control your anxiety on your own then and only then would I consider adding xanax or any other compound and only under the guidance of a medical professional.

jdh
    thanks for the support guys. ill keep you posted

jdh
    hey all, bobby d is helping me come to realize that maybe all this is anxiety. the stuff hes described to me fits what im experiencing. hes giving me excellent advice on how to cope with it. this is what this board should all be about , helping one another out through our journey through the dark side.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    this is an excellent thread as anxiety plays a part in so many peoples lives and should be understood more

littlebigboy is offline New Member
    deff anxiety I had the same prob and it went away as I became more comfortable

k_kingston is offline Associate Member
    jd, do not, i repeat do not trust those piece of shit BP machines at the store or any electonic BP machines for that matter. They are rarely , if ever calibrated. See if someone at your gym can monitor your BP. If you really want to stop by the local fire station and ask them to take your bp. Just tell them your are monitoring it for your own personal info. while working out. Your diastolic is perfect (thats the bottom number).. good luck.

Thread Information