Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248

    t3 for a powerlifter?

    question, i never dabbled with t3. my question is, yes t3 burns fat, but how about muscle??is it catabolic??will one lose strength while takng t3?
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 10-21-2005 at 10:36 AM.

  2. #2
    alo5603's Avatar
    alo5603 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gresham, OR
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    question, i never dabbled with t3. my question is, yes t3 burbs fat, but how about muscle??is itcatabolic??will one lose strength while takng t3?
    when on a form of AAS, i never lost size or strength. Ive heard that you will when taken without it, but never did. Just my .02.

    alo

  3. #3
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    ok, would be taking this without aas. so the verdict is , i probably shouldn't trythis?

  4. #4
    alo5603's Avatar
    alo5603 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gresham, OR
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    ok, would be taking this without aas. so the verdict is , i probably shouldn't trythis?
    yep, especially for powerliftin.

    alo

  5. #5
    alo5603's Avatar
    alo5603 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gresham, OR
    Posts
    584
    have you tried clen ?

    alo

  6. #6
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by alo5603
    have you tried clen ?

    alo
    yep.it works alright, i just wanted more of a kick. well looks like it is a clen only weight loss cycle. thanks alo, i appreciate it!!!

  7. #7
    alo5603's Avatar
    alo5603 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gresham, OR
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    yep.it works alright, i just wanted more of a kick. well looks like it is a clen only weight loss cycle. thanks alo, i appreciate it!!!
    no prob, happy to help.

    alo

  8. #8
    powerliftmike's Avatar
    powerliftmike is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gates of hell
    Posts
    5,512
    Thryoid hormones catabolize fat and muscle tissue indiscremently. T3 is the most powerful of the thryoid hormones, so without anabolic support (thru AASs) you will loose muscle. T4 is weaker, since it must undergo conversion to T3 in the liver but the same principle applies.

  9. #9
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    At low dosages, you can get away with no AAS...

    I ran t3 and var together (~35mcg/day of T3, 60mg/day of Var) and it was a great stack, strength didn't just stay the same, it went up quite a bit....

    It depends on what's more important to you right now. If you're more concerned about your lifts/size, then don't run it (especially whilst not on AAS)... if you're more concerned about shedding up a bit, you could get by with a low dosage without losing much, if any, LBM/strength, if you're diet is sufficient and you're eating enough protein (~2g/lb of BW)...

  10. #10
    alo5603's Avatar
    alo5603 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Gresham, OR
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    At low dosages, you can get away with no AAS...

    I ran t3 and var together (~35mcg/day of T3, 60mg/day of Var) and it was a great stack, strength didn't just stay the same, it went up quite a bit....

    It depends on what's more important to you right now. If you're more concerned about your lifts/size, then don't run it (especially whilst not on AAS)... if you're more concerned about shedding up a bit, you could get by with a low dosage without losing much, if any, LBM/strength, if you're diet is sufficient and you're eating enough protein (~2g/lb of BW)...
    i agree with you blown, i just personally wouldnt risk it if i was powerliftin anyway. If i was in dire need of fat reduction in stubborn areas, then maybe...

    alo

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •