Thread: Hi i'm new

youngathlete18 is offline New Member

Hi i'm new

Hi everybody
    im really happy because i finally found this huge forum so i can get helped

im 18 years old and im slim , small and weak
    I workout , i used weight gainers , proteins , but no big results
    so i read lot of things about anabolic steroids , its amazing , i think its what i need , some miraculous bodyshaping product BUT when i read the side effects i was really really discouraged!!

im looking for a 100% safe product that can make me become big with big muscles !!!

thanks

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Hi, Your to young to start gear am afraid,,,,your better off looking at your diet and training program and use your own testosterone levels to gain muscle and size,,,keep researching for a few more years before even considering it,,,,

bigJJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by youngathlete18
    i think its what i need , some miraculous bodyshaping product BUT when i read the side effects i was really really discouraged!!

im looking for a 100% safe product that can make me become big with big muscles !!!

thanks
    Welcome to the board! Reasearch, read and learn. You will learn a lot from the bro's that frequent here!!

As for the miraculous bodyshaping products? They are known as chicken, turkey, beef, brown rice, oats, veggies, milk, repeat! And there are no side effects (except weight and muscle gain)!

Steroids are for those that have reached their natural potential for physical development (or damn close to it). They are also for those that have reached their peak in natural Testosterone production (which you most certainly have not).

I applaud your interest in the greatest of sports! But 'roids are not a magic pill that turns you into Ronnie Coleman. Diet, sweat, dedication, discipline and patience. These are the first, difficult steps. Take them if you dare. But be warned, soon you will come to love the pain that comes with success!

When you are 25, 210lbs and 14%BF, then you ask... "how can 'roids take me to the next level?"

Welcome my friend!

bigJJ is offline Member
    I workout , i used weight gainers , proteins , but no big results
    Also, to pick a small segment of what you said... Suppliments are great! No doubt about that! They are essential. However, they are only a small part of what your body needs to grow. Of course training as well... But food! And lots of it! Good food. Not the McShit that teenagers indulge in, but high quality, high calorie food. The old axiom "to get big, you must eat big" is as true today as it ever was.

Here is a great site that lets you get a real handle on what you are putting into your body http://www.calorie-count.com/

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    This is a common misconception. Steroids and supplements do not make you grow. They can help you recover from intense workouts by increasing your recovery abilities providing your diet, training and rest are all as good as possible. If your diet, training and rest are lacking, steroids/supplements will not be effective.

Charged_UP is offline Associate Member
    I see that u said u "used" weight gainers and so forth. U will need to use them consistantly. In my mind anybody who is considering AS will do so regardless of what others say. As for natural growth its a matter of calories in and calories burned. If ur not eating enough quality calories u wont grow, no matter how much u think ur eating. U also might being over training too. I have seen that a lot in hard gainers. AS may seem amazing but there is no such thing as anything being 100% safe. As i dont know much about ur training routine i cant give advice there. But as for the AS nothing is a miracle and they all have their downsides, especially the main mass builders.

Jnrmrplymouth is offline Associate Member
    Young athlete I think it would be a good start to outline your diet and training regime so we can offer advice. If you cant gain weight at aged 18 then steroids are certainly not the answer. I see so many people in the gym who do so many things wrong and its probably what your doing wrong.

1. They overtrain and do set after set after set thinking this is the way to get bigger.
    2. The do not follow a proper diet with sufficient protein, carbs, fats, minerals, nutrients and water etc.
    3. These people place too much emphasis on supplements and steroids. 'Oh im doing the whey protein but I aint getting bigger'.

My advice to you or anyone else in this situation is to take a look at EVERYTHING. Diet, training, rest, sleep, lifestyle and supplements etc.

I dont know your stats but ill give you this information.............

Consume 1-1.5g of protein per bodyweight per day coming from chicken (or meat in general like turkey and beef), eggs, fish, milk, whey and weight gainers.

Consume 2.5-3g of carbs per lb of bodyweight coming from rice, pasta, oats, potatoes and generally low GI foods.

Fat you will usually get from the other foods but make sure to take in quality fats like omega-3,6 and 9 and things like flaxseed oil etc.

Spread this out over 6-7 meals a day and aim for a 50/50 blend of food and shakes. Ie 3-4 food meals a day and 3-4 shakes a day.

As far as training goes stick to 8 sets for small bodyparts like biceps, triceps and calves etc and 12 sets for larger bodyparts like quads, back and chest etc.

For supplements I reccomend a few........whey, weight gainer, creatine, glutamine and a multivitamin/multimineral.

Anything else just ask.
    Last edited by Jnrmrplymouth; 10-22-2005 at 11:09 AM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Well, thats plenty of info to go off of right there man. Theres a wealth of knowledge here, I suggest you use it to your advantage and don't jump into anything or do anything stupid. You are 18 and it seems like you still have not been training consistently and your diet needs a lot of work. I have talked to some ecto's that have gained 30-40 lbs naturally and they say when all else fails and a 3500 calorie diet does not provide huge results, wake up every 3 hours and have meals. You CAN gain weight, it is just a totally different way of eating that you are used to. The occasional weight gainer, steak every once in a while, will not cut it. Go to the diet forum and look at the bulking sticky for an example of how to eat to gain weight. I would not worry about putting on fat at this point, it will be rather difficult for you to put on excess fat while eating a clean bulking diet. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Well, thats plenty of info to go off of right there man. Theres a wealth of knowledge here, I suggest you use it to your advantage and don't jump into anything or do anything stupid. You are 18 and it seems like you still have not been training consistently and your diet needs a lot of work. I have talked to some ecto's that have gained 30-40 lbs naturally and they say when all else fails and a 3500 calorie diet does not provide huge results, wake up every 3 hours and have meals. You CAN gain weight, it is just a totally different way of eating that you are used to. The occasional weight gainer, steak every once in a while, will not cut it. Go to the diet forum and look at the bulking sticky for an example of how to eat to gain weight. I would not worry about putting on fat at this point, it will be rather difficult for you to put on excess fat while eating a clean bulking diet. Good luck.
    I concur.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    I concur.
    i agree

topvega is offline Anabolic Member

thanks everybody for the answers

i read the 2 other threads , a lot of information !! but the problem is that i dont have enough time to cook something , i eat the same thing everyday , morning : cereals , lunch: 2 toasts with turkey and cheese , dinner: sometimes pasta , sometimes eggs or Mcdonalds . As u can see , i need supplements or meal replacements easy and quick use
    I have 100% whey protein optimum nutrition and i just bought San V12 turbo. what are products that u use guys , creatine,glutamine etc... are theses usefull for me? by the way , i need good products with a lot of fats , calories and carbohydrates
    edit: ---50g Dextrose (Corn sugar, causes an insulin spike to increase absorption of protein)
    ---50g Maltodextrin (Powdered complex carb supplement)

what are theses ? are they good for weight gain?

thanks
    Last edited by youngathlete18; 10-22-2005 at 03:45 PM.

I found this:
    SyntheCREATINE™ - Creatine
    *******************Monohydrate
    INGREDIENTS: ***********Min 99% pure pharmaceutical grade
    ********************** micronised creatine monohydrate

********************** 500g container
    USAGE

PRICES

Advertiser:

Creatine Monohydrate has revolutionised the sporting world in the last decade, becoming the most popular supplement used by athletes.

Creatine is a 100% natural amino acid that occurs naturally in many foods, as such it can never be banned from sports or any competition.

Synthetek's Creatine Monohydrate is of pure pharmaceutical grade as well as being micronised so it can be absorbed by the body with maximum efficiency. Not only does creatine give you more energy to train harder, but it is a very powerful cell volumiser, drawing fluid into the muscles, thus increasing size and strength.

Gains of up to 5kg (11lbs) of muscle weight in the first week of usage are not uncommon.

this might be really usefull no?

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    Remember, there's a reason why they're called "supplements". They're supposed to supplement your diet, not constitute it. 50g of protein from a steak is more usable to your body than 50g of protein from a shake, and the steak also contains all sorts of other stuff you need (eg., iron and other minerals and vitamins). At age 18, your basal metabolic rate (BMR) is probably pretty high, and if you're working out in the gym more than 5 times a week I'd say you need about 3250 calories a day to maintain your current body weight. 1 lb (or is it 1 kg, can't remember, but this info is in the bulking diet skicky) of bodyweight is equivalent to 3500 calories, so if you want to gain 5 lbs (or 5 kg's) a week, you need to consume your 3250 maintenance calories per day, plus 17,500 (3500 X 5) calories a week. This demonstrates how important diet is in gaining weight. Anabolism (the process of building muscle) requires an enormous amount of energy, and is not kinetically favorable under normal conditions, thus you need to provide that energy in order to grow.

The other important thing is consistency. In order to maintain an anabolic state in your body, you need to be consuming high numbers of calories regularly and consistently for at least a few months to see fully what you can gain naturally. Sticking to it for one week, then stopping because of exams or whatever will not get you anywhere, and your body will barely be adjusted to the anabolism by the time you stop.
    Last edited by Montgomery; 10-22-2005 at 03:59 PM.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    if u don't have time to eat right u will not get the true benefits of using gear... so u might as well get that squared away B4 u think about using gear...

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    i agree
    I'm hungry

No offense but your diet looks poor. And you say you cant 'find time' to cook food. If you want to get big that bad you will make time. Whats 30 mins in a day to cook 3-4 solid food meals. Just whack a few chicken breasts in the oven, some pasta or rice in the pan and while thats cooking make up a few shakes aswell and then when its cooked get some plastic tubs and put the chicken and pasta in there or a tin of tuna.

ouchthathurts is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by ouchthathurts; 04-14-2007 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ouchthathurts
    Anabolic steroids at 18, with a poor diet, I'm guessing poor training regimine, and a somewhat inadequate knowledge of supplementaion and physiology...

Couple things here:

You will continue to grow naturally most likely up until 20-25 (even without training). Bone density and thickness, even length of bones... steroids can actually halt/hinder this natural growth your own body is trying to finish.

Your diet (please, no offense) stinks. Eat, eat, eat... and at your age, you can eat just about anything as long as you get the essential amino acids, fatty acids, and good carbs. You'll get enough testosterone from the air that you breath.

Here's a base workout too:

4 days per week
    day 1, squats (4-5 sets, 3 heavy)
    day 2, cleans (3-4 sets)
    day 3, dead lifts (4 sets, 2 heavy)
    day 4, bench press w/ some chins or pull-downs

You'll be leaving the gym before some idiots finish their biceps... but within 6-8 months, your morphology will be quite different. You'll be thicker, denser, and much more powerful...

I was you once. Good luck and remember good form, good form, good form.

P.s. GOOD FORM!

Welcome aboard
    Thats an unusual training program you have outlined for him there

Last edited by ouchthathurts; 04-14-2007 at 11:24 AM.

Last edited by ouchthathurts; 04-14-2007 at 11:24 AM.

I just dont understand the concept behind such a training routine. There is no direct biceps work or no direct triceps work. No calf work......etc etc. No doubt this works for you but I cant see how anyone can build a complete physique on such a routine. The bench press for example......its the only exercise you do for chest but when building a chest you need a range of exercises.....some for chest width, thickness, inner chest, outer chest etc etc and doing a few sets of bench wont build a complete chest IMO. No doubt it works well for you but myself and alot of other couldnt train like this im sure.

Last edited by ouchthathurts; 04-14-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Thread Information