Gettin Big is offline Associate Member

is am the best for cardio

I am a very active person, but bf needs to come down, I am a business owner in the Martial Arts Industry, and i do at least 1 hour per day of cardio(Taekwondo daily in the early evening) and I play hockey 3 times a week, still the fat around my belly was almost impossible to come off no matter how much I changed my diet, found out from a nutritionist that my belly fat is due to stress making my body produce too much cortisol, I have been taking relacore(supposed to help your body produce less cortisol under stress) for a month now and see a dramatic difference. I also body build 4 times a week and am doing a deca enth stack for 14 weeks. As far as cardio shape, I can do a ton, so what I am wondering is it the best to do cardio when first waking up before breakfast, I have been doing that for the last week, I am doing 40-50 minutes, any suggestions?

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    keep heart rate between 65% and 75% of max heart rate (approx 220 minus your age) and stick to 45 mins- 1 hr max

Lunacy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin Big
    I am a very active person, but bf needs to come down, I am a business owner in the Martial Arts Industry, and i do at least 1 hour per day of cardio(Taekwondo daily in the early evening) and I play hockey 3 times a week, still the fat around my belly was almost impossible to come off no matter how much I changed my diet, found out from a nutritionist that my belly fat is due to stress making my body produce too much cortisol, I have been taking relacore(supposed to help your body produce less cortisol under stress) for a month now and see a dramatic difference. I also body build 4 times a week and am doing a deca enth stack for 14 weeks. As far as cardio shape, I can do a ton, so what I am wondering is it the best to do cardio when first waking up before breakfast, I have been doing that for the last week, I am doing 40-50 minutes, any suggestions?
    Yes. Cardio in the am is the best. Think about it...nothing in stomach, so your body is going to be burning bodyfat and some muscle. But, if you are on juice, then no worries at all in terms of muscle! Just make sure your diet is in check. Also, what are you doing for PCT?

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    anytime you're looking to keep bf down via cardio, you want to do it on an empty stomach, so first thing in the morning. this is for obvious reasons (if you just ate, you'll use the energy from your food, but if you have no food your body must liberate energy from fat). Also, you need to keep your heart rate elevated for at least 45 minutes to see any lipolytic effects (fat burning). In summary, 45-60 minuites first thing in the morning is best. Also, if you want to make sure that your cardio is not costing you muscle gains, take 5-10 grams of glutamine before your run in a small glass of water and off you go.

Montgomery

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacy
    Yes. Cardio in the am is the best. Think about it...nothing in stomach, so your body is going to be burning bodyfat and some muscle. But, if you are on juice, then no worries at all in terms of muscle! Just make sure your diet is in check. Also, what are you doing for PCT?
    I am doing nolva 10 mg ed, 14 days after last enth injection doing 20mg ed nolva and 100mg ed clomid, also doing .5 mg ed a-dex. Will it hurt to do cardio every morning or should I take a day off

Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery
    anytime you're looking to keep bf down via cardio, you want to do it on an empty stomach, so first thing in the morning. this is for obvious reasons (if you just ate, you'll use the energy from your food, but if you have no food your body must liberate energy from fat). Also, you need to keep your heart rate elevated for at least 45 minutes to see any lipolytic effects (fat burning). In summary, 45-60 minuites first thing in the morning is best. Also, if you want to make sure that your cardio is not costing you muscle gains, take 5-10 grams of glutamine before your run in a small glass of water and off you go.

Montgomery
    what will the glutamine do?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin Big
    what will the glutamine do?
    Suppossedly will preserve muscle mass.

glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in muscle; remember, to build muscle we need protein, and protein is made of amino acids. Your body is like one big biochemical reactor. If you have enough of a certain reacting material, you get a product. If you have enough amino acids, you get muscle, and if you don't have enough amino acids, the reaction proceeds in the reverse direction with the breakdown of muscle into amino acids. Supplementing with glutamine ensures that your pool of reacting materials stays large, which forces the reaction towards muscle growth.

Upon reading this over I realized it's very confusing. Basically, glutamine decreases the amount of muscle catabolism for a given amount of exercise. Think of it as a muscle saver instead of a muscle gainer.

Montgomery

one more thing about glutamine, make sure you buy the right stuff! buy pure glutamine isolate; that is, buy the single aa's (amino acids); it's a fine white powder; do not buy that polypeptide crap that is "high in glutamine" and therefore just labelled as glutamine; proteins do not survive the acidic environment of the stomach, only amino acids do (the monomers of proteins) so don't waste your money on that crap that your body will break down, leaving you with some glutamine and a bunch of other aa's that you don't need (some of which aren't even usable by the human body).

BuildaBeast is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery
    one more thing about glutamine, make sure you buy the right stuff! buy pure glutamine isolate; that is, buy the single aa's (amino acids); it's a fine white powder; do not buy that polypeptide crap that is "high in glutamine" and therefore just labelled as glutamine; proteins do not survive the acidic environment of the stomach, only amino acids do (the monomers of proteins) so don't waste your money on that crap that your body will break down, leaving you with some glutamine and a bunch of other aa's that you don't need (some of which aren't even usable by the human body).
    Where is the best place to get this type of glutamine?

in Canada you can get it at any reputable supplement store. Look for pure L-glutamine isolate. The D isomer (mirror image of the L-isomer) is not usable in the human body, so don't get scammed with that

Montgomery

TRICK is offline Associate Member
    i disagree wholeheartedly. i would absolutely drink a protein shake upon awakening, you could still reap the benifits of an empty stomach by choosing a low carb drink like isopure or something like that.

protein consumption should normally occur every 4 hours in a 24 hour period, well if you're sleep for 6 to 8 hrs the last thing you wanna do is jump on an elliptical with a protein deficit.

i go so far as to drink a half glass of some form of protein in the middle of the night, but thats just me.

while "on" i keep my morning cardio to between 15 and 30 very intense mins 4 times a week.
    while "off" i bump it up to 45-50 mins 6 to 7 days per week, always less than an hour.

fat loss is an individual thing, what works for one doesn't always work for someone else. good luck.

madflabby is offline Associate Member

Wait a minute

You've been taking relacore for a month, you've seen drastic results, yet you want try something else? Keep doing what you're doing and tell us more about relacore.

the dramatic change is not just from the relacore, but a combination of gear, diet cardio and relacore, but yes I and others see a change in my love handles and fat around my stomach

Thread Information