956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Dostinex/Cabergoline Rebound?

Has anyone researched this topic lately? I have to admit everytime I attempt this discovery I somehow get sidetracked and forget about it until I let it happen again, lol. In any event, anyone who can contribute to this thread is welcome. Has anyone else had similar experiences with discontinuance of dostinex and gyno symptoms? Anyone have any ideas/studies/theories to bring to the table here in terms of progesterone control? Thanks in advance

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I can honestly say I have not had a rebound effect. Someone to bring studies to the table would be pheedno as he would rather go with b-6 and I do believe he has posted something on his board.

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Has anyone researched this topic lately? I have to admit everytime I attempt this discovery I somehow get sidetracked and forget about it until I let it happen again, lol. In any event, anyone who can contribute to this thread is welcome. Has anyone else had similar experiences with discontinuance of dostinex and gyno symptoms? Anyone have any ideas/studies/theories to bring to the table here in terms of progesterone control? Thanks in advance
    could you be more specific?

true rebound seems quite unlikely due to half life, though apparent rebound is a possibility

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    could you be more specific?

true rebound seems quite unlikely due to half life, though apparent rebound is a possibility
    This seems to be a reoccurring theme for me. About a week after discontinuance of cabergoline i develope the small lump in the same nip, like clockwork really.

N4cer is offline Member
    I might be wrong, but cabergoline is to treat hyperprolactinemia. Not progesterone. Just for the record, big dog. Might be able to search as it is prescribed for Parkinson's.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    This is just part of a study... But if you come off dostinex you should continue nolva as it looks as if lack of prolactin can cause an uprise of estrogen/progesterone. So those would be higher coming off dostinex.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Drug Interactions

Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility

Carcinogenicity studies were conducted in mice and rats with cabergoline given by gavage at doses up to 0.98 mg/kg/day and 0.32 mg/kg/day, respectively. These doses are 7 times and 4 times the maximum recommended human dose calculated on a body surface area basis using total mg/m²/week in rodents and mg/m²/week for a 50 kg human.

There was a slight increase in the incidence of cervical and uterine leiomyomas and uterine leiomyosarcomas in mice. In rats, there was a slight increase in malignant tumors of the cervix and uterus and interstitial cell adenomas. The occurrence of tumors in female rodents may be related to the prolonged suppression of prolactin secretion because prolactin is needed in rodents for the maintenance of the corpus luteum. In the absence of prolactin, the estrogen/progesterone ratio is increased, thereby increasing the risk for uterine tumors. In male rodents, the decrease in serum prolactin levels was associated with an increase in serum luteinizing hormone, which is thought to be a compensatory effect to maintain testicular steroid synthesis. Since these hormonal mechanisms are thought to be species-specific, the relevance of these tumors to humans is not known.

The mutagenic potential of cabergoline was evaluated and found to be negative in a battery of in vitro tests. These tests included the bacterial mutation (Ames) test with Salmonella typhimurium, the gene mutation assay with Schizosaccharomyces pombe P1 and V79 Chinese hamster cells, DNA damage and repair in Saccharomyces cerevisiae D4, and chromosomal aberrations in human lymphocytes. Cabergoline was also negative in the bone marrow micronucleus test in the mouse.

Thread Information