Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jef
    jef is offline Member

dball,testc,deca hairloss

I started my first cycle a little over a week ago...I've been noticing over the past few days that my scalp has been itching and today I noticed hair in my hands after shampooing...I don't have a balding heredity problem in the family so I'm not sure what would be causing it? I have been taking Proscar/propecia with this cycle too.

Do any of the compounds above cause hairloss more than the other?
    I have 11 more weeks to go but if I'm going to lose my hair I'd rather stop now...

Thanks for your help everyone.

JC

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    D-bol causes a lot of hair loss so that's where you're probably getting the majority of it from. Finasteride can cause a bit of hair loss initially when you use it as well. Also, finasteride actually makes hair loss worse when taken with deca , as it doesnt actually convert to dht.

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Bad idea to run deca with proscar because that will make nadrolone a stronger androgen in the scalp. (Itching scalp is a bad warning sign bro!)

jef
    jef is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor
    Bad idea to run deca with proscar because that will make nadrolone a stronger androgen in the scalp. (Itching scalp is a bad warning sign bro!)
    Itchy scalp!@#$% definitely a bad warning sign. Should I quit Proscar? Or DBal? Or everything all together if want to keep my hair?

jef
    jef is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    D-bol causes a lot of hair loss so that's where you're probably getting the majority of it from. Finasteride can cause a bit of hair loss initially when you use it as well. Also, finasteride actually makes hair loss worse when taken with deca, as it doesnt actually convert to dht.
    I'm not taking Fina now...only dball,deca and testc...should i cut 1-2 or even all of these together? Or what would give me a good results but not make me lose my insulation?

To be on the safe side, quit the d-bol. Run only test with Proscar. Deca is actually the only aas that doesnt cause hairloss at all(without proscar) but deca only could give libido problems, as you know.

jef
    jef is offline Member
    To be on the safe side, quit the d-bol. Run only test with Proscar. Deca is actually the only aas that doesnt cause hairloss at all(without proscar) but deca only could give libido problems, as you know.
    What about halting the Proscar? The only reason I got it was to prevent hairloss during he cycle...

How about this? TestC 500mg a week/ 400mg wk deca / NO DBALL, NO PROSCAR?...

Thanks for your help here. Kind of ancy.
    Last edited by jef; 10-24-2005 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    I'm not taking Fina now...only dball,deca and testc...should i cut 1-2 or even all of these together? Or what would give me a good results but not make me lose my insulation?
    Fina is tren
    I said finasteride, which is the active ingredient in proscar/propecia. You should do a bit of reading about what you're taking before you take it.

What about halting the Proscar? The only reason I got it was to prevent hairloss during he cycle...

How about this? TestC 500mg a week/ 400mg wk deca / NO DBALL, NO PROSCAR?...

Thanks for your help here. Kind of ancy.
    There's no need to stop taking it if you drop the deca. For the future, if hair loss is a big concern dont kick start your cycle with d-bol or drol. Just use prop at the beginning of it.

jef
    jef is offline Member
    Fina is tren
    I said finasteride, which is the active ingredient in proscar/propecia. You should do a bit of reading about what you're taking before you take it.
    Thanks Ejuicer...believe me: I've been reading alot. Your input about fina helps out a lot too. There are a couple replies here that deca and proscar is very bad...with the cyle I'm running, what should I stop taking to get rid of these symptoms?

That wouldnt help because then you get the full power on test in the scalp. Run only test with Proscar, or deca only, if you are not vorried abot libodo!

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    The deca maybe??????????????

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    DHT changes hair on the scalp, so your immune system will attack it. Thus, it thins and then falls out. You must avoid any heavy androgens. No dbol , drol, tren for sure. Winstrol is a bad idea too. Keep moderate doses of test, nothing too high.

jef
    jef is offline Member
    Is this right:
    1. Test C with Proscar OR
    2. Test C and Deca with NO Proscar

Is 500mg a week of test c and 400 mg a week of Deca moderate?

Is this right:

That's correct.

Those doses would be considered moderate.

Is this right:

1. is right
    2. is wrong, dont take test without proscar, and dont take deca with proscar. Simple!

1. is right
    2. is wrong, dont take test without proscar, and dont take deca with proscar. Simple!

Not necessarily. Some people the have problems with hair loss arent bothered by doses of 500mg.

This is a very good example of why it's recommended to run a test only cycle as your first one to see how your body reacts.
    Regardless drop the deca .
    If you wanted to run deca in the future you could drop both the deca and the finasteride and see if your hair can handle it. If you start to notice shedding then start finasteride again immediately.
    If not you can continue the cycle without it or include to be safe, and know for next cycle that you could run test/deca with no problems.

jef
    jef is offline Member
    I'll drop the deca and and proscar and see how I react...then if things continue as they are I'll start the proscar again.

What about substituting EQ for Deca and running EQ and test together? Same problem?=stick to just test for now?

AVAGO is offline Member
    That's correct.

Those doses would be considered moderate.

have you ever ran finasteride and deca together?

jef
    jef is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AVAGO
    have you ever ran finasteride and deca together?
    No...I haven't ran them together...Never taken either of them before.

chest6 is offline Banned
    proscar and deca is a bad combo...

AVAGO is offline Member
    No...I haven't ran them together...Never taken either of them before.

lol i know you havent im asking Ejuicer

AVAGO is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    proscar and deca is a bad combo...

Same question to you also, have you ran these compounds together?

jef
    jef is offline Member
    bump

bradd5150 is offline Associate Member
    shit, now what the hell to do with my cycle?
    1-14 750mg test e
    1-12 600mg deca

my first cycle was test c only at 600mg along with finasteride. i experienced NO hairloss on this cycle. This is my second cycle and I was planning on taking finasteride but im still waiting for it to come in the mail. Im starting week 3 of test/deca and no hairloss yet. So I should NOT take finasteride then, right? This sucks, I dont want to drop the deca but i dont want to go bald either.

jef
    jef is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradd5150
    shit, now what the hell to do with my cycle?
    1-14 750mg test e
    1-12 600mg deca

my first cycle was test c only at 600mg along with finasteride. i experienced NO hairloss on this cycle. This is my second cycle and I was planning on taking finasteride but im still waiting for it to come in the mail. Im starting week 3 of test/deca and no hairloss yet. So I should NOT take finasteride then, right? This sucks, I dont want to drop the deca but i dont want to go bald either.
    I don't know if I have this down right or not: finesteride is a DHT blocker and is toxic when taken with Deca, dbal etc...It sounds to me that if you wanted to run test and deca to definitely NOT use finestaride or any DHT blockers...I'll keep reading to make sense of it all...if you figure anything out or get any helpful info...please come back and post it here.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I'll drop the deca and and proscar and see how I react...then if things continue as they are I'll start the proscar again.

What about substituting EQ for Deca and running EQ and test together? Same problem?=stick to just test for now?
    The contraindication with proscar applies to nandrolones. Deca is a nandrolone and EQ is not.

jef
    jef is offline Member
    I'm torn between just sticking with test c and playing it safe(which is what the majority of people have recommended) or making it the best first cycle and combining deca too...I'm certainly dropping dbol and proscar for now...if hairloss continues in another week or so then I'll drop the deca...I'd love more opinions from anyone else too and any good recommendations...I'm glad there's so many helpful people on this board to help each other through these things.

jef
    jef is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    The contraindication with proscar applies to nandrolones. Deca is a nandrolone and EQ is not.
    1. Safest = NO AAS
    2. TEst C only
    3. Test C and EQ instead of Deca ?

Powerlifemike...what's your opinion on test c and eq instead of deca?

jef
    jef is offline Member
    Does Nizoral shampoo block DHT? If so then this should not be used with Deca ...right?

themetalmich is offline Junior Member
    I was told not to take Deca and Finasteride. But nobody could explain why. So I took them both anyway. I was doing Deca and Finasteride only, and my hair was falling out like mad. I couldn't understand it. Deca is supposed to be safe and I THOUGHT that finasteride would make it even safer on my hair. I stopped the finasteride stat, and my hair has stopped shedding. I am taking Deca only. I don't mind the sexual side effects.

I found a good explaination about Deca and finasteride as well as other steroids and hairloss on the following web-site.

www.hairloss-research.org

Great info. Check it out before you make any dicisions

jef
    jef is offline Member
    Thanks for the link. Good info on steroids and hairloss. One would think that with Deca , the risk is very low and wouldn't warrant me discontinuing it from my cycle...I guess the conclusion would be to see if test C alone causes hairloss and if so to take Proscar....then to cycle in Deca after know how test C goes without Proscar...Time will tell. Is it safe then to use Nizoral shampoo with test c and Deca then?

Quote Originally Posted by themetalmich
    I was told not to take Deca and Finasteride. But nobody could explain why. So I took them both anyway. I was doing Deca and Finasteride only, and my hair was falling out like mad. I couldn't understand it. Deca is supposed to be safe and I THOUGHT that finasteride would make it even safer on my hair. I stopped the finasteride stat, and my hair has stopped shedding. I am taking Deca only. I don't mind the sexual side effects.

I found a good explaination about Deca and finasteride as well as other steroids and hairloss on the following web-site.

www.hairloss-research.org

Great info. Check it out before you make any dicisions
    Last edited by jef; 10-24-2005 at 06:43 PM.

themetalmich is offline Junior Member
    Good question (Nizoral while on Deca ) I'm wondering the same thing myself

jef
    jef is offline Member
    what does everyone think about Nizoral while on Deca ?

chest6 is offline Banned
    what does everyone think about Nizoral while on Deca?
    seems like a good idea..Im not sure how nizoral works..but im going to start using it w/ every cycle

jef
    jef is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    seems like a good idea..Im not sure how nizoral works..but im going to start using it w/ every cycle
    but...doesn't it block DHT? which is a train wreck waiting to happen with deca and hairloss...
    Sooner or later I'll make sense of all this...

jef
    jef is offline Member
    bump

but...doesn't it block DHT? which is a train wreck waiting to happen with deca and hairloss...
    Sooner or later I'll make sense of all this...
    Nizoral contains ketoconazole, which is used to help block dht conversion and also help to cleanse the scalp of fatty deposits that build up in the follicle.

jef
    jef is offline Member
    Nizoral contains ketoconazole, which is used to help block dht conversion and also help to cleanse the scalp of fatty deposits that build up in the follicle.
    Should I NOT use Nizoral when using DEca then? Since it is a DHT blocker?

lwgy is offline Junior Member
    a couple of points:

1. if you have been taking proscar for awhile, you will see a lot of shedding if you stop the proscar. i know this from personal experience.

2. if you are just starting to take proscar (or even rogaine) you will experience some initial shedding for about a month or so. nothing drastic.

3. everyone responds differently. personally, i tried Deca by itself at 300mg (before i was on proscar) and i shed just as much as when i use Test.

4. as for taking Deca with Proscar. Everyone on the boards will tell you that you shouldnt combine the two, however, no one will ever be able to refer you to a study or research article that discusses this. themetalmich is the first person ive ever heard of who has claimed to have run both at the same time. ive made several posts over the years on numerous websites asking if anyone has actually run Deca and Proscar together, but i have never been able to find anyone before today. im not sure how this warning the combo came about. im personally very interested in this because i have been taking proscar for several years and i would like to take Deca for its beneficial effects with muscle tendons. i have even spoken to doctor who deals with patients who take AS and he said that combining the two will NOT affect hairloss.

5. you should be fine using Nizoral with Deca

6. AS does not cause hairloss. it only speeds up the process if you prone to it. if hairloss is that much of a concern to you then dont start. because if you do, its just a matter of time until you start shedding (if you are prone to it).

7. hair transplants have come a long way. =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information