rallyfocus is offline Junior Member

Should I stop this cycle??? Help

Here's the story...I'll try to keep it breif but explain it well.

I'm 25 years old have been on medication (paxil) for anxiety/depression for over 2 years now. Have felt great the past 18 months and decided to try another cycle.

My cycle is Test cyp 500mg (1-12), Deca 1-10 400mg, and dbol 30mg (1-4)
    also taking 10 mg of nolva e.d.

I really didn't have any great gains until about week 8 and started feeling like a million dollars...at this point i decided to extend my cycle by using prop at 75mg E.D. for 21 days

Here's where it gets bad at about week 11 I start to feel stressed and tense all the time. I now have a headache almost all day and feel like my paxil has totally stopped working. Why would this happen all of a sudden??? Do you think I should stick with the prop for another 17 days or just say the hell with it and shut this down???

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I think your paxil is working fine. If I recall it's an SRI so it simply blocks the re-uptake of serotonin thereby elevating your mood. With steroids , many amino acids which are destined to make neurotransmitters (like serotonin) are either depleted or blocked completely. I'd venture to say your problem is there. With no amino acids to produce serotonin, there is little serotonin to block the re-uptake of, and thereby your depression is setting in and the migraines (which are notorious with low serotonin levels).

There is another wrench thrown into the works; exogenous test will suppress your hpta and it does happen that after a good amount of time you will get depressed from this. Typically it's not a problem b/c the test your are putting in your system produces the same effects of endogenous test. However, it is not so in everybodies case. Just b/c 95% of people feel great on test for long periods of time doesn't mean that you will. I'm in the same boat as you, I get terribly depressed about week 7 or 8 or any test cycle. So don't listen to anybody that tells you that you are supposed to feel one particular way b/c we all are different.

My advice is to stop your cycle and go into pct. Personally I'd give a serious amount of thought to how important steroids vs mental health is to you. Nobody can make that decision but you but it is a mature and serious one to make. I wish you the best.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Very good advice on an important subject!!!!!!

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    nice reasoning.. could very well have sumin in it..

Thanks for the reply Symatech...that's why i love this board. There's just so many people with so much knowledge. I think i'm going to have to bite the bullet and stop this one.

It's just simply amazing to me that I went from feeling the best ever to this in a matter of 2 weeks. I guess these things have to be expected when you're using steroids .

If anyone has any other advice it's still greatly appreciated.

i just wanted to add that previous 2 cycles were short...10 weeks and 11 weeks probably why i didn't have this problem

I should add that I'm not a doctor, and am far from an expert in all drug-drug interactions. I gave you my opinion based on what I know of the body, and the drugs involved (both of which I have spent years studying but still....) Take my advice as what it is, just one mans opinion. Doesn't mean I'm wrong and it doesn't mean I'm right. Just keep that in mind with all serious medical advice given on this board.

Any idea how long it will take to feel better??? It's been 9 days since my last test-cyp shot and well yesterday for the prop?

I realize you're not a doctor but my honest belief is that there's more steroid knowledge on here than you'll find in 99% of doctors offices. Sure we need them for blood tests and legitament scripts but when it comes to this stuff this is the place.
    Last edited by rallyfocus; 10-24-2005 at 03:45 PM.

I don't think anybody could tell you how long until you feel better. That is so dependent on person to person that's its just a crap shoot. Logic would suggest (at least to me) that you'd be looking at the ~3 weeks to get the cyp to minor levels in your body to start producing test again. Then add the time to build and increase the number of neurotransmitters....could be a few months, could be a few weeks. You'll get there but no telling when.

You can look into 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) it is a precursor to serotonin. Try ~70mg-100mg per day for a few weeks/months and see if that doesn't expedite the recovery (not your test recovery but hopefully it may alleviate the depression and migraines). 5-HTP is legal and you may be able to find it at the supermarket, if not try the internet, I'd use health food stores like GNC as a last resort.

Also, I wouldn't continue to use the 5-HTP as a daily supplement, just use it to get you back on track. You don't want to flood the synapses with serotonin especially when an sri is involved.

Thread Information