Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino

-Bino
    whatever... Bino's a big boy!

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    [QUOTE=NewKid]put a tbone steak in a bowl of coke it will be gone in two days.QUOTE]

My point exactly!
    Everything in this fallen world is so bad that, but you can't run from everything, hence the MJ allusion earlier. Forget the bowl of coke, just leave the T-bone out and see what happens.

EVERYTHING, even water is bad, but fortunately we were created with multiple filters nodes, liver, kidneys, gallbladder, etc., so rather than bail out and commit suicide just use common sense, moderation, supplementation and exercise.

M.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by operationgetbig
    is soda worse then alcohol?
    I dont know about that. I havent done any research on the effects of alcohol on bodybuilders except the obvious liver stuff. I dont drink...thats why I havent really looked into it.

[QUOTE=magic32]
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    put a tbone steak in a bowl of coke it will be gone in two days.QUOTE]

My point exactly!
    Everything in this fallen world is so bad that, but you can't run from everything, hence the MJ allusion earlier. Forget the bowl of coke, just leave the T-bone out and see what happens.

EVERYTHING, even water is bad, but fortunately we were created with multiple filters nodes, liver, kidneys, gallbladder, etc., so rather than bail out and commit suicide just use common sense, moderation, supplementation and exercise.

M.
    But why add to it unnecessarily?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I know that cops carry two liters of cola with them to clean up blood from auto wrecks. If you put a tbone steak in a bowl of coke it will be gone in two days. Someone made a big post on this the other day. It also has free radicals that destroy muscle.

urban myth...extracted from the urban myths website and perpetuated around the net

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    urban myth...extracted from the urban myths website and perpetuated around the net
    What about the free radicals part?

But why add to it unnecessarily?
    I think you're missing my point. M.

Add what, the Diet Coke, or the bacteria ridden steak, the sugar baked cookie, or the pesticide sprayed apple? You're adding it all, you can't run from the industry. Do you also avoid microwaving your food? And using that preservative filled processed food (simiar ingredients to soda)? Probably not, but why not? Because you've only chosen pop.

Now unnecessarily would be the cigarette, the Jack Daniels, the weed (and I know there are constituents here), etc.

I'd much rather see that obese woman sitting across the food court have a diet pop with no calories, than the minimal protein containing fat laden milkshake she considered while in line. But both are bringing her inevitably closer to the 1 to 1 ratio of mortality.

Look, we've ran this to the wall. I'm with you Diet Coke 'could' be avoided, and kudos to you for doing so, but it's no worse for your system that that insecticide sprayed apple you think is so healthy. You'll filter it out the same way taking the good, removing the bad, and moving on to the next meal/drink.

But yeah, if you'd rather not have it, by all means have some OJ (but know that the spray has seeped in to the pulp from which the juice is squeezed).

M.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    What about the free radicals part?
    show me them on the label

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Presidential Muscle
    Come on Just answer the boys question. Now that i don't have Diahrea, I feel better already. I just gained 100lbs over night. 100 lbs of your Bullsh**. A lot of you on here are younger than 20. Come on, your not Pros. Just people seeking good advise, lets not get are panties in a bind. Answer the Question BOYS
    Every President deserves a vacation.

~SC~

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    What is so hard about drinking water instead anyway? You will even save money...

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    What is so hard about drinking water instead anyway? You will even save money...
    You're right, there's no contest water is BEST.

But a jet engine has better chance of falling into your bedroom than Diet Coke does of killing you.

M.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    I think Shortie nailed it...that post yesterday was funny Pres, but don't sweat it you're still a family member, albeit the black sheep at the moment.

No revenge buddy, "...dish better served cold"

And, hey Shortie, what ever happened to your arch nemesis "The Licensee"? Now that guy was a hilarious, and your battles were epic...hahahaha! Is he still around?

M.
    The Liscensee was BANNED I think, can't remember. But it amazes me how often a guy shows up and for no reason whatsoever starts insulting people. Well, I imagine he gets off on it about like how Ross likes coming back starting shit and getting banned. LOL I got better sh*t to do myself.

I see PM got himself suspended, too bad really I didn't think he was a bad as some around here.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by operationgetbig
    is soda worse then alcohol?

No, alcohol is very calorie dense and it absorbs directly into your blood stream. 7 calories per gram, and depending on what kind of alcohol, beer for example, there's also carbs to add in there as well. Excessive alcohol intake also leads to reduction in natural testosterone levels , liver stress etc. which pop does not.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Im not saying that sodas aer good 4 u. But there was a mention on here that it has to be filterred by the kidneys.. The water in the coke will be absorbed by the intestines as water not as coke..

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Don't drink it. Almost all diet soft drinks contain aspartame/phenylanine. This is toxic. No, I am not kidding you do a google search on aspartame if you don't believe me. On top of that you are driking artifical dyes and flavors, and caffeine.
    Not true. So far there hasn't been any studies which show that apartame is toxic. There are people with phenylketonuria who are unable to metabolize phenylalanine (an amino acid component of aspartame) and get sick from ingesting apartame. However this is due to a metabolic disorder, not apartame being toxic. We don't consider wheat or milk toxic because some people have glutin or lactose intolerance.

Furthermore since Nutrasweet was introduced in the mid 80s, we've essentially been conducting a giant experiement on its effects on humans. So far no correlation between aspartame and any particular disease has been found (except for the specific metabolic disorder mentioned above). After twenty years, some effects should have shown up if it had any toxicity.
    See Snopes for more info - http://www.snopes.com/toxins/aspartame.asp

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    good info...im not gonna stop having a 20 oz bottle of soda a day no matter what...my gains still come and with the amount of other fluids i get from water and juice im sure a lil soda here and there wont hurt you

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information