Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    yom
    yom is offline Associate Member

diet softdrink as water

im cutting up on week 18 and starte d to drink alot of diet soft drink a lot to satify my cravings for food. there i s no calories in diet softdrink or sugars and the content is made out of carbonated water and a bit of sodium .

is it okay to drink diet soda ?
    is it like drinking water ?
    will drinking carbonated water effect your body much comaperd to water ?
    does it hydrate you ?
    what are the side effects of carbonated water ?
    any thing else to help on info ?

only people thta know facts on this topic please

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yom
    im cutting up on week 18 and starte d to drink alot of diet soft drink a lot to satify my cravings for food. there i s no calories in diet softdrink or sugars and the content is made out of carbonated water and a bit of sodium .

is it okay to drink diet soda ? Contains caffeine which is a diuretic
    is it like drinking water ? No
    will drinking carbonated water effect your body much comaperd to water ? Carbonation slows down fat oxidization
    does it hydrate you ? Not properly, again contains caffeine, a diuretic
    what are the side effects of carbonated water ? Slows fat loss again
    any thing else to help on info ? The artificial sweetener in pop has actually been proven to increase cravings for sweets. Even though there is still artificial sweetener in the following I would still recommend them over pop, and they can count towards your daily water intake: flavoured waters, crystal-light, kool-aid w/sweetener packs added instead of sugar

So personally I would recommend staying away from pop, just my opinion.

does it hydrate you ?

I'm not an expert on the subject, but I will tell you that I consume 1-2 diet pepsi's/day, and its never hurt my appearance. I drank them right up to my water drop before my show, and I was ripped a hell. Just dont get into the habit of drinking more than 1 or maybe 2 a day Tops. They have alot of citric acids and crap in them.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Only water is regarded by the body as water. Anytime you drink something other than water, it must be filtered primarily by the kidneys. Diet pop would belong to this category due to the addition of flavorings, sodium, carbonation, preservatives, sugar alcohols and possibly caffeine. Thus, it is neither treated as water, nor does it benefit you like water (8oz of diet pop does not equal 8oz of water) though you’ll receive some hydration as with all water based foods and drinks. The same principles apply to carbonated water, flavored water and vitamin infused water.

That said, since diet pop lacks ‘actual’ sugar which necessitates calories and requires additional metabolic break down, it is indeed quite unique. Though there are a few dissenters, the nutritional and bodybuilding communities overwhelmingly regard diet pop as neither cosmetically nor physiologically damaging to the traditional or pre-contest dieter. Consequently, it has been used consistently since its inception, as a neutral (not positive nor negative) dietary aid. However, they add the caveat that even diet pop should be consumed in moderation by the serious dieter.

M.
    Last edited by magic32; 10-25-2005 at 08:08 AM. Reason: error

Presidential Muscle is offline Junior Member

does it hydrate you ?

Are you Fvckin kidding me. IS DIET SODA LIKE DRINKING WATER????????????
    if you think Diet Soda is like drinking water, you are on the wrong web site

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    If you have a craving for sweets, you could try crystal light. I mix it about half as strong as they say and it really sets me up. And as far as calories, basically it has none, and no sugars whatsoever. And as it is an uncarbonated mix I would say it would be very similar to drinking water for hydration.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Presidential Muscle
    I think its' a somewhat reasonable question for an uneducated person on the matter seeing as diet soda is mainly formulated from water and artificial products... don't know if your response was necessary...

WTF???? It was a perfectly legitimate question, whats wrong with that? I've often wondered the same thing myself.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Hey now, Pres has just figured out how to gain weight by stopping up his butt! LMAO He's probably just trying to return some of the flame job he got yesterday.

For thos of you who missed it here it is Gained eight Pounds in one week/7DAYS
    Last edited by shortie; 10-25-2005 at 08:37 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If anyone needs a vacation from here, it's you w/your assinine harsh replies that aren't needed.

Moron.

~SC~

Who the **** are you to be giving anybody knowledge anyways, Mr. 6 ft tall and 185lbs, AND THIS GUYS CYCLED BEFORE!!!! hahahhahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Who the **** are you to be giving anybody knowledge anyways, Mr. 6 ft tall and 185lbs, AND THIS GUYS CYCLED BEFORE!!!! hahahhahahahha
    ... I'm almost 6feet and 189lbs...

1819 is offline Senior Member
    pipe down hondo. the guy was askin a legitimate question. judging from some of your posts, you might want to lay off the keyboard with some of your comments and do a little reading.

gooroo is offline Associate Member
    Gatorade!

Come on Just answer the boys question. Now that i don't have Diahrea, I feel better already. I just gained 100lbs over night. 100 lbs of your Bullsh**. A lot of you on here are younger than 20. Come on, your not Pros. Just people seeking good advise, lets not get are panties in a bind. Answer the Question BOYS

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    i drink one 20 oz bottle of coke a day...but also about a gallon of water or gatorade....1 or 2 sodas is fine...moderation is the key

Come on Just answer the boys question. Now that i don't have Diahrea, I feel better already. I just gained 100lbs over night. 100 lbs of your Bullsh**. A lot of you on here are younger than 20. Come on, your not Pros. Just people seeking good advise, lets not get are panties in a bind. Answer the Question BOYS
    I don't understand you or any of the words you are trying to say... I thought I was weird... Why don't YOU answer the question instead of being an assmonkey... BOY!

this kid cant be more than 15. go watch lord of the rings or somethin and let this board be.

Age has nothing to do with it, because there are 15 year olds who smoke your stats bitch

Quote Originally Posted by operationgetbig
    i drink one 20 oz bottle of coke a day...but also about a gallon of water or gatorade....1 or 2 sodas is fine...moderation is the key
    Do you know the lady in your avator... because, if you do, I want to make crazy gorilla love to her... fyi.... back on topic.

15 year old boys with stats like mine?????????????? I would like a picture

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    Do you know the lady in your avator... because, if you do, I want to make crazy gorilla love to her... fyi.... back on topic.
    there is no other purpose, on this planet, for that chick except to serve mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    Hey now, Pres has just figured out how to gain weight by stopping up his butt! LMAO He's probably just trying to return some of the flame job he got yesterday.

I think Shortie nailed it...that post yesterday was funny Pres, but don't sweat it you're still a family member, albeit the black sheep at the moment.

No revenge buddy, "...dish better served cold"

And, hey Shortie, what ever happened to your arch nemesis "The Licensee"? Now that guy was a hilarious, and your battles were epic...hahahaha! Is he still around?

M.

limpdin is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shortie

That explains it! Funny sh*t!

Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    I think Shortie nailed it...that post yesterday was funny Pres, but don't sweat it you're still a family member, albeit the black sheep at the moment.

No revenge buddy, "...dish better served cold"

And, hey Shortie, what ever happened to your arch nemesis "The Licensee"? Now that guy was a hilarious, and your battles were epic...hahahaha! Is he still around?

M.

Thanks Bro.....LOL.... Damn some people really get mad on here......

SORRY EVERYBODY..... I am at work and just takin my stress out on here bad idea. SORRY............am i forgiven. Damn shortie you still remember that from yesterday...

SORRY EVERYBODY..... I am at work and just takin my stress out on here bad idea. SORRY............am i forgiven.
    Unfortunately, not today! Too many infractions, now Sane is talking about PM's.

If you have frustrations that need unbottling, join "Fight Club" or go punch the dryer in your office bathroom. We don't need that here.

Sorry Pres, no mercy today, that's part of family too. Repent tomorrow, and you should be fine.

Oh and for future reference, the forum has a great memory and mods often pulls old threads when trouble is uprooted, Shortie just beat them to it.

M.
    Last edited by magic32; 10-25-2005 at 09:19 AM. Reason: forgot something

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    came...saw...

Suffocated on the hate...

Exited!

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Don't drink it. Almost all diet soft drinks contain aspartame/phenylanine. This is toxic. No, I am not kidding you do a google search on aspartame if you don't believe me. On top of that you are driking artifical dyes and flavors, and caffeine.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Don't drink it. Almost all diet soft drinks contain aspartame/phenylanine. This is toxic. No, I am not kidding you do a google search on aspartame if you don't believe me. On top of that you are driking artifical dyes and flavors, and caffeine.
    nope...rat studies...hype

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    I REALLY like that avvey. Who is that bird?

Oh yeah...ummm...soda is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike

Better take your Milk Thistle/Liv52 with that 2 liter! LOL

Seriously, that's quite true though Mike.
    But hey so does the air...contains toxins and chemicals that is. Not to mention, water itself has numerous cyanobacterial toxins, viruses, parasites and a host of potentially harmful chemical cleansing agents chlorine (in higher concentrations...rat poison) being the most prominent, mercury in fish, toxins in farm-raised as opposed to cage raised chicken. But such is life.

As far as I know, only Michael Jackson sleeps in an oxygen chamber and wears a filtration mask during the day and drinks only bottled water. But even he has chemical vices, constant hair perm and dye chemicals, skin whitening and anti-hair growth injections, and of course the Crayola people have to prepare/repair his face daily. So, the real question becomes do you prefer Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi?

M.
    Last edited by magic32; 10-25-2005 at 10:20 AM. Reason: forgot something

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    ... I'm almost 6feet and 189lbs...

Oh well, your dreams have to get crushed sometimes i guess.

-Bino

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    I REALLY like that avvey. Who is that bird?

Oh yeah...ummm...soda is bad.
    why? give me a scientific answer on why soda is so bad

alltherage is offline Junior Member
    15 year old boys with stats like mine?????????????? I would like a picture
    Would you jerk off looking at the picture, why would you want the picture, would you want the boy naked? But onto the topic of diet soda vs. water, there's lots of diet sodas that claim to have just one calorie, but there filled up with crazy chemicals that don't have calories. Water and juice are the way to go, I stopped drinking soda altogether once I got into body building, except the occasional soda at a family party or something, but I like to drink at least a gallon of water per day.

Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    No offense C, but 6'6", 166lbs, is a loooong way from a victory a the Mr. Universe competition.

M.

Are you serious?
    The guys on stage never look that big tho. Plus I look better in thongs then they do. LOL

-Bino

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino

Oh well, your dreams have to get crushed sometimes i guess.

-Bino
    I just shot 3 grams of test cyp in my bicep, and will be repeating this process later today... might add some synthol to the mix.... oh gawd, I'm kidding!!!

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    why? give me a scientific answer on why soda is so bad
    I know that cops carry two liters of cola with them to clean up blood from auto wrecks. If you put a tbone steak in a bowl of coke it will be gone in two days. Someone made a big post on this the other day. It also has free radicals that destroy muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino

I look better in thongs then they do. LOL

-Bino
    Now the topic is taking a shift towards somewhere Mapquest can't take you, and I don't go to so... Good luck in your quest.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    I know that cops carry two liters of cola with them to clean up blood from auto wrecks. If you put a tbone steak in a bowl of coke it will be gone in two days. Someone made a big post on this the other day. It also has free radicals that destroy muscle.
    is soda worse then alcohol?

g src="images/smilies/frown.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Frown" class="inlineimg" />

-Bino

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information