KaevurMati is offline Associate Member

Problem: Source sold me Proviron instead of Nolvadex

Alright. Here's the story.

My Test E and EQ cycle finishes soon, so I asked my source if he has any Nolvadex (I got other PCT stuff already). He replied that he has Proviron and told me that this is the same stuff as Nolvadex. I was asking him if he's sure etc and he said he is. I didn't want to argue very much because he used to be successful competive bodybuilder (in 1985-1990 though). He is the ONLY source in my country.

So I was like fuck that, I will buy it. So he sold me 30 tabs (25 mg). It wasn't expensive at all, but I just want to make sure if it really can replace Nolvadex or is it totally different stuff!

Thanks in advance for everone who can help.

Nobody can help??

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    He doesn't know what he's talking about, they are not the same, you need nolva.

Damn this brings up something that doesn't get said much anymore, don't start a cycle unless you have everything on hand and that includes PCT

JohnnyB

I totally understand you thinking that I'm stupid as shit. But lets face the truth, I've done research for years and I knew that Proviron and Nolva certainly are not the same. Perhaps only stuff I have not researched about are DNP , Proviron and Retaboil. And I've never planned using stuff that I do not know about.

I had everything except Nolva when I started the cycle. It is very hard to find it in my country and I really am not interested in running the cycle when I'm in 80s.

I respect your experience Mr. JohnnyB, but please stop these partial replies everywhere. Can you give me detailed explanation why exactly I need Nolva and what happens if I replace it with Proviron.

Thanks.

THE CROW is offline Associate Member
    One things for sure! that's not enough proviron to do anything. 2 weeks worth.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    There's an entire forum dedicated to PCT which will outline exactly why you need nolva.

I seriously hope someone can answer here so I don't have to make same topic again.

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    Well if you have done so much research, 1ST you would not have bought the stuff u said you knew was not the same and 2nd if you did research you would know in the 1st place what can be used for PCT so you can post you question again so it can just scroll down and you can be ignored for being a smart ass!!!
    And you can take them apples to the Bank.

Why EXACTLY I need Nolva and what happens if I replace it with Proviron?

Took me 30 seconds to go over to the PCT forum and find this for you. Do your own research.

Nolvadex (Tamoxifen Citrate) : Nolvadex is a SERM. It selectively binds to certain estrogen receptors, effectively blocking the estrogen and stopping unwanted sides such as gyno. It DOES NOT lower estro levels in the blood, it only blocks it from binding to certain receptors. It also helps your blood fat levels. It does not suppress LH, blocks desired estro receptors and helps stop HCG from desensitizing your testicles to natural LH. Nolva should be used during HCG therapy, at 20 mg a day, for the reason i just mentioned. Can be used during cycle if you see signs of gyno. Its mainly used to block the estrogen spike when you come off cycle, and should be used right through to the end until natural test levels are back. One drawback to consider about Nolva is that it may cause progesterone receptors to become more sensitive. This means that while using progestins such as Deca or Tren , you may become more sensetive to progestin related gyno.

A little more:

Now IMO, selective estrogen receptor modulators(SERMs) such as Clomiphine and Tamoxifen are selective to which tissues they bind too. Clomid being selective to the suprapituitary, while Tamox is selective to breast, bone, and liver ERs. I've come to this conclusion based on the comparison of studies on both SERMs. In every study showing benefit to HPTA from tamoxifin, the duration of the administration is 3-12months(This includes studies cited by William Llewellyn in his Nolva vs Clomid article). In studies showing levels of LH, FSH, and Testosterone checked after short durations of tamox, they were either insignificant, or their was an actual drop. I believe this is because tamox selectively works at the mammery(as well as bone and liver), thus taking longer for LH stimulation to occur.
    With clomid, benefit to gonadotrophin concentrations, LH, FSH, and serum testosterone can be seen in short periods of 2-6wks. Because of the apparent selective nature of the two, and given our usual PCT duration, clomid is by far superior at LH stimulation than Nolva. Now both is the wise choice for a couple of reasons:

1. Nolva acts as the preventive measure to the estrogen flux
    occured PC while clomid is the primary LH stimulator(Even more so in the case an AI is not used).
    2. If your running a longer PCT, clomid needs to be discontinued after a while as it has been shown to desensitize GnRH, this due, IMO, to it's selective nature to the suprapituitary. In the longer forms of PCT, the clomid will be phased out, leaving Nolva and L-dex

Too much info. here to copy and paste:

Anabolic Review Steroid Profile: Proviron (Mesterolone)

Thanks for the info, but I've already read it a couple of times. You didn't understand what I asked.

The topic is not about WHAT IS NOLVA AND WHY I NEED IT. I wanted to know what happes if I replace Nolvadex with Proviron. In the text you copied there is no word about Proviron. You gave me a link of Proviron profile, but there is no word about what happens if I replace Nolvadex with proviron, what I lose, what I gain.

Logan13 is offline Banned

research

Quote Originally Posted by KaevurMati
    Thanks for the info, but I've already read it a couple of times. You didn't understand what I asked.

The topic is not about WHAT IS NOLVA AND WHY I NEED IT. I wanted to know what happes if I replace Nolvadex with Proviron. In the text you copied there is no word about Proviron. You gave me a link of Proviron profile, but there is no word about what happens if I replace Nolvadex with proviron, what I lose, what I gain.
    Everyone is being short with you because it seems that you have not done any of your own research on chemicals that you plan on putting into your body. The following is from a Bill Roberts article.
    Proviron, an anabolic steroid, is particularly interesting. I suspect that it not only acts as an antiaromatase but in an unknown DHT-like anti-estrogenic manner. This might involve estrogen receptor downregulation for example. Proviron reduces either levels of estrogen or the effect of estrogen. Thus, it is useful for avoiding gynecomastia, although it probably should not be relied upon as the sole drug for that. It is not hepatotoxic. It has the usual side effects of anabolic/androgenic steroids, with the added effect that it is particularly prone to cause erections.

-Logan13

Thread Information